Please Support Our Sponsors

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Register to remove this advertisement
    I'm going to link these posts up with the existing sticky thread on his subject.

Quote Originally Posted by irishunclebill View Post
    I'm going to link these posts up with the existing sticky thread on his subject.
    Cool beans.

That's a ridiculous schedule, Swarbrick should be ashamed

Member of the Irish Guard, GH Division

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Joe View Post
    Been some news out there about filling the 2010 schedule with Tulsa & TCU...ouch
    & Utah. TCU & Utah even at home will be very tough games. CW (hopefully) would be matching wits with two of the best game day coaches in the country.

Been some news out there about filling the 2010 schedule with Tulsa & TCU...ouch
    TCU is a solid program even if the name isn't much. I don't mean Nevada solid either, this is a top 25 team.

Tulsa...ugh. At least I could trash talk some friends there.

Quote Originally Posted by lowayne View Post
    TCU is a solid program even if the name isn't much. I don't mean Nevada solid either, this is a top 25 team.

Tulsa...ugh. At least I could trash talk some friends there.
    Tulsa, at least recently, has had the #1 offense in the country and TCU, Utah & Nevada are solid programs that don't necessarily have the name recognition that normal ND opponents have. Only problem with scheduling these schools is the obvious lack of BCS opponents. That doesn't mean swap Duke or Miss St. just bcus of their conference, those would be worse games. Just adds more fuel to the fire for idiot commentators to rip the schedule when it lacks BCS opponents.

And you have to play road games! Three true road games? Only one in the second half of the season? I don't like that at all.

Member of the Irish Guard, GH Division

Griff Cannon
    tulsa is making me :upchuck:

Griff Cannon
    Cool beans.

That's a ridiculous schedule, Swarbrick should be ashamed
    I wonder how much was planned out before he got there? As many years in advance some of these games are set he has only been there for 1 and just recently. Though I understand your feelings

Probably not in the works for next year but interesting buzz by Tony Barnhart of the AJC today:

Georgia Tech and Notre Dame at the Georgia Dome? Gary Stokan, the much traveled president of the Atlanta Sports Council, was here over the weekend talking to Notre Dame athletics director Jack Swarbrick. The subject? Trying to get the globetrotting Fighting Irish to consider Atlanta for one of their neutral site games.

Notre Dame likes to play neutral site games in order to help recruiting. The Irish are playing Navy at Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J. in 2010, Baylor in New Orleans in 2012, and Arizona State in Arlington, Tex., in 2013. Today the school will announce that it will play Army at the new Yankee Stadium in 2010.

Stokan made the pitch for Notre Dame to consider Atlanta for one of these trips. The word I got here is that the Irish might consider it for a chance to play a Georgia Tech or an Alabama.

“For what Notre Dame wants to do with its schedule, this just makes sense,” said Stokan.
    http://blogs.ajc.com/barnhart-colleg...xntlid=sldr_hm

Griff Cannon
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedevilmcbx View Post
    Probably not in the works for next year but interesting buzz by Tony Barnhart of the AJC today:

http://blogs.ajc.com/barnhart-colleg...xntlid=sldr_hm
    nice article, but for some reason I see dollar signs in the guy's eyes when he says "it just makes sense"

i believe tulsa utah and tcu were added for the 2010 scedule, I'm not really sure what to think about it, they do help our SoS if we win them but it will not help our reputation of soft scedules

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast