Please Support Our Sponsors

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Moderator Jiggafini19's Avatar

'16 IN DE Auston Robertson (Offer/Michigan St Commit)

Register to remove this advertisement
    Weakside defensive end
    Ft. Wayne, Indiana
    Wayne

Ht:6'5"
    Wt:230 lbs

http://sports.yahoo.com/indiana/foot...bertson-164971

http://247sports.com/Player/Auston-Robertson-59322

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3800120/auston-robertson

Camped two weeks ago and was offered. Mike Elston is primary recruiter. Will get looks at TE as well. Offers from Akron, Indiana and Toledo. Interest coming from Alabama, LSU, Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State.

Auston plans to camp at pOSU for their Friday Night Lights and than hit State Penn on July 18th or the 19th.

Position switch lands Notre Dame offer for DE Auston Robertson

Auston Robertson, a 2016 prospect from Fort Wayne, Ind., received a Notre Dame offer after switching positions from wide receiver to defensive end

Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 8:51 pm | Updated: 9:51 pm, Tue Jul 15, 2014.
    TYLER JAMES South Bend Tribune tjames1@sbtinfo.com

Posted on Jul 15, 2014
    by Tyler James

A position switch made an instant impact on Auston Robertson.

Just a few months away from his junior season at Wayne High School in Fort Wayne, Ind., Robertson traded in his wide receiver role for defensive end.College scholarship offers soon followed.

By mid-June, the 6-foot-5, 234-pound prospect claimed offers from Indiana, Toledo and Akron. On June 27, three days after Robertson camped at Notre Dame, the Irish joined the fray.

Robertson wasn’t sure if his performance at Notre Dame would earn an offer, but after he sent the coaching staff his transcripts, he received the good news.

"I didn't do my best, but I did some good things,” Robertson said.

He made the switch to defensive end following the advice from one of his trainers at Athletes With Purpose, an outfit that’s worked with Fort Wayne-to-Notre Dame products Jaylon Smith and Tyler Eifert.

“He said I'm a good receiver, but I could be a better defensive end,” Robertson said. “So I switched to defensive end and went to some camps and received my first offers at the position.”

The idea sounded like a good one to Robertson. He said it wasn’t a hard decision, and the results are hard to argue with.

“I haven't seen anything hard,” Robertson said. “Everything I do is natural. I'm just learning technique and technical stuff like my stance."

Robertson continues to work on adding weight with the hope of playing his junior season at 245 pounds. Maintaining some of the skills learned as a wide receiver could make him into a dynamic pass rusher.

“Being a receiver, we worked on a lot of footwork and speed stuff, so I think that's helped me a lot in switching positions,” Robertson said. “If you're a receiver, you have to have nice hips. Being a defensive end, you have to have nice hips too. That helps a lot.”

Robertson grew up rooting for Notre Dame, and his connection only increased when Smith — with whom Robertson played as a freshman at Bishop Luers — joined the Irish in 2013. He will likely return to Notre Dame in the fall with another 2016 Irish target from Fort Wayne, wide receiver Austin Mack. The two have taken a number of visits together and camped at Notre Dame on the same day in June.

Big Ten schools will get the next look at Robertson as he plans to visit Michigan State, Penn State, Ohio State and Michigan before the end of the month. Then Robertson will shift his focus to putting up big numbers in his junior season.

“My goal is to get 20 sacks,” Robertson said. “I know it's a high number, but I think I can get it."

http://www.southbendtribune.com/spor...a4bcf6878.html
    Last edited by HoffVir; 07-15-2014 at 08:57 PM.

............................||| Notre Dame Notes Spreadsheet |||..........................

Senior Member Purebred Irishman's Avatar
    All winning teams are goal-oriented. Teams like these win consistently because everyone connected with them concentrates on specific objectives. They go about their business with blinders on; nothing will distract themfrom achieving their aims.

- Lou Holtz, former Notre Dame football coach

Andrew Ivins @BGI_aivins
    Auston Robertson with #NotreDame in his Top 3. Planning to be at junior day. http://rvls.co/1L4ys3b

10:26 AM - 16 Feb 2015

............................||| Notre Dame Notes Spreadsheet |||..........................

Alabama offered yesterday.

SB Nation Recruiting@SBNRecruiting 4m4 minutes ago
    4-star Fort Wayne DE Auston Robertson down to Spartans, Fighting Irish, Buckeyes ahead of June decision. MSU, ND recruiting him the hardest.
    12:26 PM - 3 May 2015

SB Nation Recruiting@SBNRecruiting 4m4 minutes ago
    Upcoming visit with mom to Notre Dame could be hugely important for Auston Robertson, who also really likes the MSU defense and coaches.
    12:28 PM - 3 May 2015
    Last edited by HoffVir; 05-03-2015 at 11:31 AM.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/spo...mack/70979508/

Trieu: Michigan rising for Fort Wayne's Robertson, Mack

In one month, the world will know where two of Fort Wayne's finest -- Wayne High School defensive end Auston Robertson and Bishop Luers wide receiver Austin Mack -- will be playing their college football. And while neither are believed to currently be favoring Michigan, the Wolverines are making a strong final bid.

Robertson and Mack -- both national top-100 recruits on Scout, and stable mates at the AWP Sports training facility in Fort Wayne -- visited Michigan on Monday and both offered positive reviews following the trip. Robertson went as far as to place the Wolverines in his top three with Notre Dame and Michigan State, widely considered his currently leader.

"I enjoyed it a lot," Robertson said to Scout's Josh Newkirk. "I got to talk to some of the coaching staff, but not all of the defensive coaches were there. But I got to hang out with Coach Harbaugh, eat dinner with him and talk to him, and build that relationship right before I commit."

Having only played defense for one year, Robertson (6-5, 250 pounds) is still refining his technique, but his athleticism has been evident as he attends camps, even moonlighting as a linebacker and defensive back at recent events, and that upside has him as one of the Midwest's most sought-after prospects.

He camped at Michigan last summer, and has now been to campus several times, but there is still one important piece of the puzzle the Wolverines must make happen to contend even more seriously.

"I want to have my mom come down there one time to see (Michigan)," he said.

Mack also camped last summer, when he earned his offer, which immediately put the Wolverines high on his list. He is considering the same schools as Robertson -- Notre Dame and Michigan State -- but also Ohio State, the school many believe leads despite his insistence that there is not a leader in the clubhouse.

While perception was that Michigan was falling back in the race, Monday's trip moved the Wolverines back up.

"This visit really helped a lot," Mack said. "This is the second time I was able to get down and speak with the coaches and build that relationship. It definitely ranks them a lot higher in my eyes."

The duo's announcement will come at the RAS Camp in Fort Wayne.

While the two are close friends and going to the same school is possible, they have said that they are not necessarily a package deal.

Anna Hickey@AnnaHScout 2m2 minutes ago
    Anna Hickey retweeted Liam Eichenberg
    OL commit recruiting Irish DE target, who visits sometime this upcoming week: http://recruiting.scout.com/player/7815569n-auston-robertson …
    Anna Hickey added,
    Liam Eichenberg @Iggyike17@auston_robertsn Come to NOTRE DAME and help us win a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP while receiving one of the top educations in the country#GOIRISH
    1:29 PM - 23 May 2015

Tyler James@TJamesNDI 4m4 minutes ago
    Brian Kelly asked @Austin_Mack10 & @auston_robertsn to return to #NotreDame before decision. They will tomorrow. ($): http://goo.gl/Nh2x3X
    10:15 PM - 28 May 2015

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast