Please Support Our Sponsors

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

'15 IN DT Brandon Tiassum (Notre Dame Commit 6/8/14)

Register to remove this advertisement
    Defensive tackle
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Park Tudor School

Ht:6'5"
    Wt:265 lbs

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecr...Tiassum-153138

http://247sports.com/Player/Brandon-Tiassum-32309

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1531673/highlights/27722373

Offers from Indiana, Toledo and Western Michigan
    Last edited by HoffVir; 05-30-2014 at 01:40 PM.

Senior Member Purebred Irishman's Avatar
    http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/2014...um-set-jr-day/ (free)

Brandon Tiassum has seen his recruitment pick up a bit and college coaches have already told the 2015 Indianapolis defensive lineman to expect another surge in a couple of months.

“It’s exciting,” the 6-foot-5, 285-pounder from Park Tudor High School said.

“Coaches have said once spring ball ends, the recruiting process picks up and they’ll have a lot more contact with me. They’ll be at my school more and we’ll be talking all of the time.”

Tiassum already has offers from Indiana, Boston College, Western Michigan and Toledo with interest from several other major programs, including Notre Dame. The junior defensive tackle has been in contact with Irish assistant Mike Elston and will be at Notre Dame’s Junior Day this Saturday.

“Coach Elston, the d-line coach, we talked a couple weeks ago and set that visit up,” Tiassum said.

“He wants to get to know me better and wants me to get to know the staff. He wants me more involved with the stuff they have going on at Notre Dame.”

Tiassum had been hoping to hear more from the Irish, so he was happy to receive the invitation.

“It’s always great when a prestigious program like Notre Dame wants you there,” he said. “It’s always been one of my favorite teams growing up. I just can’t wait.

“Just the rich tradition and how they stick to what they do. They play Notre Dame football, classic football.”

This will be Tiassum’s first visit to South Bend.

“I just want to see what the program is about,” he said. “I’ve heard great, great things from other prospects who have been there. I just want to experience it myself.”

There are also a couple other Midwestern powers Tiassum is hoping to hear more from.

“I’m looking to learn more about Ohio State and Michigan,” he said. “Those two schools are big on my list, up there with Notre Dame.

“I’ve been to Ohio State twice. I’ll be going back to Ohio State for sure. I’m not sure about Michigan, I have to get in more contact with their coaches first.”
    Last edited by zimmsbg78; 02-27-2014 at 10:09 AM.
    All winning teams are goal-oriented. Teams like these win consistently because everyone connected with them concentrates on specific objectives. They go about their business with blinders on; nothing will distract themfrom achieving their aims.

- Lou Holtz, former Notre Dame football coach

Tiassum Talks Junior Day

Author: Christian McCollum
    March 2, 2014

A couple months ago, Brandon Tiassumwanted to hear more from Notre Dame. Now, Irish assistant Mike Elston wants to hear more from Tiassum.

The two sides had the chance to connect on Saturday for Notre Dame’s Junior Day in South Bend.

“I got to meet with Coach Elston for the first time in person,” the 2015 Indianapolis defensive tackle said. “He said he likes what I’m doing. He likes my film. He said they like me a lot.

“I have to come back for a camp and if I showcase my talents there, they’ll most likely offer. That’s a good sign. He said we need to start building a closer relationship, him and I. Things are great. The only thing that could have been better was if they offered, but I’m just thankful that they actually know who I am and are showing interest.”

As defensive line coach, Elston is both Tiassum’s primary recruiter and potential position coach.

“It always helps when the d-line coach is the one who recruits your area,” the Park Tudor High School standout explained. “He knows the best d-linemen in the Midwest, so he gets to pick from the cream of the crop. It’s just nice to know that I’m one of the better d-linemen and that he sees that.”

At the Army Combine in January, the 6-foot-5, 285-pounder told Irish Sports Daily he was hoping to hear more from Notre Dame.

“At that point, there was no talk between us, but now I see that they are interested and that’s just going to make me work a lot harder,” he said.

He plans to keep up with Elston via phone calls and messages on social media.

“He wants me to come down during spring practice and meet the staff one-on-one because we couldn’t do all of that today,” he said.

Tiassum – who currently has offers from Boston College, Indiana, Toledo and Western Michigan – also has plans to hit other schools over the next couple months.

“I plan on visiting Cincinnati, Louisville and Michigan State,” he said. “I’ll probably go back to (Indiana) for a spring practice. I’m thinking about hitting some colleges over spring break. I might take a trip down to Tennessee. My schedule is getting kind of full. I’m looking forward to seeing all of those places, meeting the coaches and starting to build better relationships.”

He isn’t in a rush to make a decision and doesn’t expect to have one until the near end of the calendar year at the earliest.

“I’ve heard from some schools that they probably won’t offer until mid-senior year, so I probably will have to wait until after my senior season is complete to choose where I’m going,” he said. “That gives me a lot of time to visit a lot of schools and build a lot more relationships than I already have.”

And if the Irish end up offering, they’ll be under strong consideration.

“Notre Dame is a great school. They left a huge impression on me. They’re going from a 3-4 to a 4-3, which actually plays to me greatly being that nose tackle or the three-technique. The history of who they are, they’re not a flashy team, but they’re a consistent team. 11 national championships, you can’t really compete with that.”

http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/2014...ks-junior-day/
    Last edited by HoffVir; 03-01-2014 at 07:22 PM.

............................||| Notre Dame Notes Spreadsheet |||..........................

Community Moderator Jiggafini19's Avatar
    Offered.

Irish
    Home Sweet Dome 3

http://www.southbendtribune.com/spor...a4bcf6878.html

Notre Dame

Recruiting

DT Brandon Tiassum joins Notre Dame recruiting class

Story

Comments

Print
    Create a hardcopy of this page
    Font Size:
    Default font size

Larger font size

Blue-Gold Spring Game

Notre Dame head coach Brian Kelly and the Irish wait to take the field for the 2014 Blue-Gold Spring Football Game. SBT Photo/ROBERT FRANKLIN

Related Stories

Related:
    Hilliard kicks off Notre Dame visit parade

Related:
    Notre Dame goes to plan B for quarterback recruiting

Related:
    Top Notre Dame QB recruit Blake Barnett decommits

Related:
    Tranquill may boost Notre Dame LB corps

Related:
    Elite linebacker prospect Josh Barajas flips commitment to Notre Dame

Posted: Sunday, June 8, 2014 5:00 pm | Updated: 5:18 pm, Sun Jun 8, 2014.

TYLER JAMES South Bend Tribune tjames1@sbtinfo.com

Tyler James

Posted on Jun 8, 2014

by Tyler James

Notre Dame turned a Sunday visit into a commitment from Brandon Tiassum.

The 6-foot-4, 296-pound defensive tackle from Indianapolis Park Tudor announced his commitment via Twitter on Sunday afternoon.

“Thank you all the schools that recruited me and have given me a chance to play for them but now I am officially committing to Notre Dame,” Tiassum wrote.

Tiassum becomes Notre Dame’s ninth verbal commitment in the 2015 class and the first on the defensive line. The Irish sealed his commitment not long after extending him an offer on May 30.

247Sports slates Tiassum as a four-star prospect, the No. 21 defensive tackle in the 2015 class and the fourth-best recruit in Indiana. Rivals ranks him as a three-star prospect, the No. 24 defensive tackle and also No. 4 in the state.

Watch highlights of Tiassum here. More on his commitment coming later in a full update.

Tiassum Pulls Trigger

Author: Christian McCollum
    June 8, 2014

Brandon Tiassum thought he’d have to compete at the Irish Invasion Camp on June 20 in South Bend to earn an offer from Notre Dame, but when the offer came earlier this month, the 2015 Indianapolis defensive tackle made arrangements to get to campus as soon as he could.

Tiassum made the trip up to South Bend on Sunday and offered the Irish his commitment before departing. The 6-foot-5, 285-pounder from Park Tudor High School is the ninth member of Notre Dame’s 2015 class and fourth on defense, joining linebacker Josh Barajas and safeties Nicco Fertitta and Prentice McKinney.

“Thank you all the schools that recruited me and have given me a chance to play for them but now I am officially committing to Notre Dame,” Tiassum said as he tweeted his announcement on Sunday afternoon.

Tiassum chose the Irish over offers from schools like Louisville, Cincinnati, Boston College, Indiana and Miami among others.

“Notre Dame’s one of the top football schools in the country and you can get a top of the line education from there,” said Tiassum. “When you factor in the athletic and academic factors at Notre Dame, I mean where else can you go?

“They gave it to me straight up and asked if this was the place for me. They asked me, my mother and my grandfather and we all said, ‘yes’.”

The Irish coaching staff also broke down just where they saw the Indianapolis native fitting into there new defensive scheme.

“They are going to use me as an interior lineman, either at the one-technique or the three-technique, especially now that they are switching to a 4-3,” he claimed. “They need more interior linemen, so I fit that mold for what they’re looking for.”

ISD expert Sean Mele ranks Tiassum as a three-star prospect with a four-star ceiling, saying he’ll fit in nicely as a three-technique in Notre Dame’s defensive scheme.

“The 6-foot-5, 285-pounder’s potential to be a dominant defensive tackle revolves around how consistent of a player he becomes down the road,” says Mele. “He shows flashes of everything you want a disruptive, technique-savvy three technique to be, but there are times when he doesn’t fire off the ball hard enough, his pad level rises, and he forgets to play with his hands. He also needs to develop a wider array of pass rush moves if he wants to stay on the field on third down, because right now I’d say he’s a first and second-down player only.

“When the good stuff does come down the pipe, it’s really good. The Park Tudor High School standout is the first lineman off the ball, he’s low to the ground, he punches like a hammer, sheds, and pursues to the football with tremendous agility. He’s active with a capital ‘A’ and a tough for an offensive lineman to get a bead on. If I saw play-after-play of this on film, he would easily be a four-star prospect, but not seeing it all the time is why I feel he’s not quite there yet and his best football is still ahead of him.”

Now that Tiassum’s has made his decision he can finally sit back and take a deep breath.

“I thought it was about time to end this recruiting stuff and just pick one spot. My mom’s been Notre Dame all the way and once they offered me that was pretty much it. She wasn’t going to allow me to go anyplace else.

“It feels great to have this done, and the recruiting process was great, but it was also pretty stressful and time consuming. It’s just a huge sigh of relief and happy that it’s over.”

http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/2014...pulls-trigger/

............................||| Notre Dame Notes Spreadsheet |||..........................

Welcome to the family Brandon!!!

This is really turning out to be an underwhelming class.

It. Is. FUCKING. JUNE! God, some of you guys are pussies.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast