Please Support Our Sponsors

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Register to remove this advertisement
    Randy Edsall had a tough road too...but;

Edsall, a native of nearby Glen Rock, Pa, spent twelve seasons coaching the University of Connecticut Huskies where he took the program from FCS (formerly I-AA) to five bowl games, including a BCS bowl. The 2010 Big East Coach of the Year led the Huskies to a 33-19 record over his last four seasons there, including two bowl victories and his leadership resulted in UConn being the first program ever to go from FBS newcomer to BCS bowl participant in just seven seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by JDriveSthND View Post
    In a way, I'm relieved to see Diaco go. I feel like he took the defense as high as it could go under his leadership last year. He never figured out Navy's triple-option offense and it nearly resulted in 2 losses over 4 years to the midshipmen. Notre Dame allowed 34 points to Navy at home in 2013. Here is the list of schools that held them to the same or fewer points:

W. Kentucky
    Air Force
    Pitt
    Army
    Middle Tennessee

The defense needs more aggression and inflexible. With the athletes ND brings in, the defense should look like MSU's did this year. Inflexible, Unmovable, Suffocating, and Dominant.

Michigan was also a debacle in 2013. While the Irish allowed 41 points and made Gardner look like a Heisman candidate, Michigan State planted him on his butt from the first whistle to the end of the game en-route to holding those plucky Skunk Bears to 6 points. Incidentally, Michigan State has given ND the blueprint for how to beat Michigan for about 5 years running, but ND has only been able to execute said game plan 1 time in the Kelly era - in 2012.

We need more pressure on the QB. It's as simple as that. Even in 2012, it was decidedly lacking in the early parts of games, then as the opposing O-line wore down the sacks, TFLs and QB hurries would start mounting. That Gardner was able to pick us apart is shameful. It has to change in 2014 for the Irish to be a serious playoff contender.
    Absolutely correct. Diaco is a great guy and a pretty good coach...but he overachieved. Had the one great year.
    I'm only responsible for what I say, not what you understand

Quote Originally Posted by Irishpat View Post
    Absolutely correct. Diaco is a great guy and a pretty good coach...but he overachieved. Had the one great year.
    Should we sue Dunkin Donuts ?

Quote Originally Posted by NDAlumSon View Post
    Randy Edsall had a tough road too...but;

Edsall, a native of nearby Glen Rock, Pa, spent twelve seasons coaching the University of Connecticut Huskies where he took the program from FCS (formerly I-AA) to five bowl games, including a BCS bowl. The 2010 Big East Coach of the Year led the Huskies to a 33-19 record over his last four seasons there, including two bowl victories and his leadership resulted in UConn being the first program ever to go from FBS newcomer to BCS bowl participant in just seven seasons.

Glen Rock is a shithole, a lot of drunken idiots in that part of the world

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12