Please Support Our Sponsors

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by irishunclebill View Post
    Isaiah McKenzie is supposed to find out this weekend whether his test score allows him to secure the 23rd slot. Hendrix is done with his OV's and should be announcing soon and now just about everyone is expecting Morgan to announce for ND at his all-star game. If all of that happens that brings the class to 25 which would mean that if Tuitt stays signing anyone else beyond those three would officially put ND in oversigning mode.

BTW, in anticipation of at least 1 more commit Irish Illustrated had already taken Utupo off of the 2014 scholarship list.
    It will be interesting if anyone transfers as well. People always freak out about spots and then ND always seems to have extra.

Another thought. I wonder how the scholly was communicated to Schmidt and whether that would be an available one.
    :clover:"May the saddest day of your future be no worse than the happiest day of your past." ~Irish blessing:clover:

Quote Originally Posted by Synoptico View Post
    It will be interesting if anyone transfers as well. People always freak out about spots and then ND always seems to have extra.

Another thought. I wonder how the scholly was communicated to Schmidt and whether that would be an available one.
    The entire 2014 ILB roster excluding incoming true freshman is Jarrett Grace, Michael Deeb, and Joe Schmidt. Moore will be gone due to scholarship limitations. Schmidt will keep his scholarship (and he earned it in the USC game).

No question that Schmidt keeps his schollie. I should have used the word actually as opposed to officially with regards to over signing. It really wouldn't be officially over signing or maybe even legally is a better word until August 2014 camp, right? However it does seem more likely than ever that for the first time that I can recall ND will have more than 85 scholarships allocated at the end of NSD, although I agree that there is little doubt that it will not be an issue by the end of spring camp at the latest. There are already a couple of names being thrown around because they are going to be either buried on the depth chart or not able to play because of injury. In one case both of those issues might apply, and who knows what is going to happen with the Atkinson's after Daddy's tirade from yesterday.

No question that Schmidt keeps his schollie. I should have used the word actually as opposed to officially with regards to over signing. It really wouldn't be officially over signing or maybe even legally is a better word until August 2014 camp, right? However it does seem more likely than ever that for the first time that I can recall ND will have more than 85 scholarships allocated at the end of NSD, although I agree that there is little doubt that it will not be an issue by the end of spring camp at the latest. There are already a couple of names being thrown around because they are going to be either buried on the depth chart or not able to play because of injury. In one case both of those issues might apply, and who knows what is going to happen with the Atkinson's after Daddy's tirade from yesterday.
    Correct.

Also, what names are being thrown around? Feel free to post that in Premium. I am sure I can guess at a few.
    :clover:"May the saddest day of your future be no worse than the happiest day of your past." ~Irish blessing:clover:

Correct.

Also, what names are being thrown around? Feel free to post that in Premium. I am sure I can guess at a few.
    It's pretty common knowledge that Mahone in his 3rd year at ND is not going to be happy sitting at #6 on the RB depth chart in 2014. I would be a bit surprised if he stays if he is healthy but then again he could be like Luke Massa and just stay for the free education. Hounshell has to be a question mark given his injuries but knowing his personality I am sure he is going to try to give it a go again in the spring. Those are the 2 names that I hear most frequently mentioned but there is also a few 2014 Seniors in class standing who still have 2 years of eligibility left who might want to look around because they are pretty much buried on the depth chart as well. I'll let you guess at those names.

It's pretty common knowledge that Mahone in his 3rd year at ND is not going to be happy sitting at #6 on the RB depth chart in 2014. I would be a bit surprised if he stays if he is healthy but then again he could be like Luke Massa and just stay for the free education. Hounshell has to be a question mark given his injuries but knowing his personality I am sure he is going to try to give it a go again in the spring. Those are the 2 names that I hear most frequently mentioned but there is also a few 2014 Seniors in class standing who still have 2 years of eligibility left who might want to look around because they are pretty much buried on the depth chart as well. I'll let you guess at those names.
    And those 2 happen to have played the same position (one has recently switched).

............................||| Notre Dame Notes Spreadsheet |||..........................

Quote Originally Posted by HoffVir View Post
    And those 2 happen to have played the same position (one has recently switched).
    The one who recently switched actually has only 1 year of eligibility left and he is only going to leave if his brother leaves. My 2nd one is actually an ILB.

You are correct. Overlooked the ILB.

............................||| Notre Dame Notes Spreadsheet |||..........................

I must have missed Dad's tirade...what did he say?

Quote Originally Posted by Domer Dog View Post
    I must have missed Dad's tirade...what did he say?
    He was on some radio show yesterday. There is a link to it somewhere on here but assuming you don't want to skip to the 24 minute mark of the video that was posted, I'll paraphrase for you what some other people have said about it.

Sounded like a bitter parent. Said he won't be going to the Pinstripe Bowl and that Kelly doesn't have a clue and passed up an opportunity to recruit in a warmer spot and instead took the money and that shows what ND really cares about...

He was also pretty incoherent about the bowl game being in a warmer spot because he kept on mentioning FL & AZ even though ND had no bowl options in either of those states. Some people said he sounded like he was drunk. Overall it was pretty embarrassing but seemingly more so for GA than for ND.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast