Please Support Our Sponsors

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Register to remove this advertisement
    Awesome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HoffVir View Post
    Bob Wieneke ‏@BobWienekeNDI
    Just talked to QB guru Steve Clarkson about Blake Barnett: "They’re getting a kid that I think will be a very productive player on Sunday."
    9:18 PM - 24 Nov 13
    This is a big pickup for the Irish. His film shows that he is made for this offense. He's a top 11 QB already and is likely to rise from that ranking. He's 6'4", 200 lbs as a junior, can make all the throws, and based on his film is ridiculously fast for a QB his size.
    Last edited by JDriveSthND; 11-25-2013 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JDriveSthND View Post
    This is a big pickup for the Irish. His film shows that he is made for this offense. He's a top 11 QB already and is likely to rise from that ranking. He's 6'4", 200 lbs as a junior, can make all the throws, and based on his film is ridiculously fast for a QB his size.
    Exactly what I was thinking. A little bit misleading when his bio says pro style. He can flat out move! If you haven't checked out his video I would recommend watching it.
    KeiVarae Russell: "When the coaches told me over the next few days in the film room that I was gonna start I was like ‘Uh Oh’.”

Quote Originally Posted by NotreDameNate View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking. A little bit misleading when his bio says pro style. He can flat out move! If you haven't checked out his video I would recommend watching it.
    Also, can you imagine the embarrassment of riches at QB on the 2015 depth chart? After white-knuckling through this season with no true backup QB, we'll have Golson, Zaire, Kiel, and Barnett - 3 Elite 11 QB and a 4th that likely will be as well, who were all hand-picked for this offense and can both run and throw.

Maybe, just maybe, this offense is going to look the way we imagined it would when Kelly first got here, starting in 2014.

Edit: #3 QB in that list should be Kizer, not Kiel.
    Last edited by JDriveSthND; 11-25-2013 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JDriveSthND View Post
    Also, can you imagine the embarrassment of riches at QB on the 2015 depth chart? After white-knuckling through this season with no true backup QB, we'll have Golson, Zaire, Kiel, and Barnett - 3 Elite 11 QB and a 4th that likely will be as well, who were all hand-picked for this offense and can both run and throw.

Maybe, just maybe, this offense is going to look the way we imagined it would when Kelly first got here, starting in 2014.
    I hope the depth chart works out that way and all of those players turn out to be who there suppose to be ... but remember that this years depth chart at qb should have looked like this ..

Golson .... Kiel ... Zaire .... Rees .... Hendrix .... but due to a suspension, transfer and mono it ended up with 4 and 5 being pushed to 1 and 2 ... HOPEFULLY we will never have the cluster f we had this year but u just NEVER KNOW what's in the cards ...

Quote Originally Posted by NotreDameNate View Post
    His Highlight tape was awesome!

Senior Member Purebred Irishman's Avatar
    All winning teams are goal-oriented. Teams like these win consistently because everyone connected with them concentrates on specific objectives. They go about their business with blinders on; nothing will distract themfrom achieving their aims.

- Lou Holtz, former Notre Dame football coach

Quote Originally Posted by DiamDawg View Post
    I hope the depth chart works out that way and all of those players turn out to be who there suppose to be ... but remember that this years depth chart at qb should have looked like this ..

Golson .... Kiel ... Zaire .... Rees .... Hendrix .... but due to a suspension, transfer and mono it ended up with 4 and 5 being pushed to 1 and 2 ... HOPEFULLY we will never have the cluster f we had this year but u just NEVER KNOW what's in the cards ...
    I think your concern is unfounded. Zaire, Kizer and Barnett will not have the academic issues that Golson had. Kiel was a loose cannon from day one and either never should have been signed or signed along with a second option. Zaire and Kizer committed to ND and never waivered. I get the sense that Barnett will be the same way. Even if something happens with Golson, we'll still have Zaire, Kizer and Barnett in 2015. We'll have Zaire, Kizer and Hendrix for 2014 if something happens to Golson.

Bottom line, we'll be way better off at QB, for years to come.
    Last edited by JDriveSthND; 11-26-2013 at 08:27 AM.

Barnett was just ranked #64 in the ESPN Jr 300, #3 QB-PP, and #9 in California.

Edit: Well, I just checked again on now Barnett is an unranked 3-star QB-PP according to ESPN. The WWL probably didn't realize he was committed to ND.

Re-edit: Ok, now they've got him listed as an 82 grade 4-star, #64 overall again in the ESPN Junior 300, the #3 dual-threat QB, and #9 player in CA.
    Last edited by JDriveSthND; 12-17-2013 at 08:21 AM.

Told MF-er on Power Hour that he will graduate and enroll early next year.

............................||| Notre Dame Notes Spreadsheet |||..........................

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast