Not a Supporting Member?

Become a Gold Club Supporting Member to remove this box and all other advertisments! Only $15 per year. Click HERE for more info!

'15 IL WR Cameron Green (Northwestern Commit)

Register to remove this advertisement
    Wide Receiver
    Lincolnshire, Illinois
    Stevenson

Height:6'3"
    Weight:175 lbs

Links of Interest:
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/notredame/fo...n-Green-143601

http://247sports.com/Player/Cameron-Green-28343

Multimedia

Sophmore year highlights.........
    http://www.hudl.com/athlete/934598/cameron-green

Cameron currently holds no verbal offers but is receiving interest from ND, Illinios, scUM, pOSU, State Penn and Indiana. He has previously unofficially visited pOSU and ND this past weekend (April 20th) for the Blue & Gold game with his teammate '15 IL DT Nick Dillon. Cameron is a legacy to ND, his father is ND RB Mark Green who was drafted by the Chicago Bears in '89.
    Last edited by HoffVir; 06-24-2014 at 05:18 PM.

Article is dated back November..........

http://247sports.com/Article/Several...tevenson-94762 (free)

LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill. – Things are humming along with the football program at Lincolnshire (Ill.) Stevenson.

Led by a bevy of prospects, the Patriots (6-1) defeated Lake Forest 22-16 on Friday evening, the school’s fifth win a row.

247Sports was out to see Stevenson last week, and it’s evident this is going to be a good football team for the next few years.

Sophomore Class Shines

Stevenson head coach Bill McNamara is already receiving inquiries from most of the Big Ten conference regarding his up-and-coming receiver Cameron Green.

The 6-foot-3, 175-pound Green was promoted to the varsity last fall as a freshman and is currently enjoying a fine sophomore season. The son of Notre Dame graduate and former Chicago Bears running back Mark Green, he’s caught 20 passes for 348 yards and two touchdowns thus far, while also registering 18 tackles, two forced fumbles and two pass breakups on defense.

“He has the size and speed, and his ceiling is as much as he wants to make it,” McNamara said. “I think he’s still 14-years old right now. He played for us last year against Maine South and Glenbard North in the quarterfinals as a freshman and caught passes in those big games. He’s growing and developing and turning into a great wide receiver for us.”

http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recr...cy-talks-irish (free)

Cameron Green’s full focus is on the Stevenson High School football team, but before the Patriots’ season began last month, the 2015 Illinois wide receiver made another trip down to South Bend to check out Notre Dame.

“It was pretty cool,” the 6-foot-1, 190-pound junior said. “It was a great experience going through their film studies and getting to talk to the coaches and some of the players and getting to see their second practice of two-a-days.

“I learned they like to work hard. Their work ethic is unreal. Every single play they have, they go 100 percent. The coaches are always on top of everything, I saw that too.”

The film studies gave Green a chance to see how he’d fit in the Irish offense.

“Blocking-wise, they like their receivers to be very aggressive,” he said. “They also like their receivers to attack the ball when they throw it whether it’s a jumpball or a short route. I’d fit in doing those two things mostly, but also character. They have a lot of character as receivers and they’re leaders on the field, so I’d fit in with that as well.”

Green landed his first offer on Sept, 1st, from Toledo, and is also receiving serious interest from schools like Michigan, Michigan State, Illinois, Ohio State, Penn State and Iowa among others.

The son of former Irish running back Mark Green, he’s been to South Bend several times, but recently it’s been as a recruit. This has given the younger Green the chance to start building a relationship with the current Irish staff.

“I’ve been there many times over the past couple years,” he said. “It helps a lot. I feel like the coaches are almost like a second family to me. They like to talk about how I play in games, what’s going on with my life and I get to know what goes on in their lives too. Knowing the coaching staff and them knowing me too, it fits very well with this recruiting process.”

But his next trip to South Bend will be two-fold.

“I’m going to the game on Oct. 19th with my dad,” said Green. “I think it’s the ’88 championship team’s 25th anniversary, so I’m going to go back there with him.

“I think it’s going to be a pretty cool experience. Not only do the coaches acknowledge me, but they’re going to acknowledge my dad. I’ll get to meet some of his teammates and hopefully they’ll talk to me about what they did on their team. That’ll mean a lot because they were a national championship team and they know what they’re talking about.”

He doesn’t have any other trips planned just yet.

“I’m not really planning it out too much,” said Green. “I’m more focused on our team than colleges.”

After a 15-14 loss in the season-opener to Indian Trail, Stevenson is looking forward to getting back on the field Friday against Homewood-Flossmoor.

“This week coming up is a big game because we lost to them by a touchdown last year, so we’re trying to get payback,” he said.

The Patriots have high expectations for the season and have an idea of how to accomplish their goals.

“We’re just trying to be the best that we can be every single play out there and go 100 percent on every snap,” he said.

And Green’s goal is to make his team better.

“This year, I definitely want to work on being a leader on and off the field. Talking to my teammates, trying to not only be a teammate, but one of their best friends, I’ve been working on that a lot and I’d like to show that off this year.”

Community Moderator Jiggafini19's Avatar
    Committed to Northwestern