Please Support Our Sponsors

Page 51 of 65 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Register to remove this advertisement
    NDGirlz what I'm refering to is a thread I started ( win half of both spnners and stoneys rep points) thn once you got on the thread it told you to join the College Bowl Mania contest. Spinner and Stoney caught it first and threatened me :D. The only other person to post on it was HCTI but by then it was to late.
    Irish Guard GH Division

Quote Originally Posted by daytonirish View Post
    We take hours upon hours of serious thought before we post anything on this site.
    Who's we? :)

Well I was refering to the whole membership as one. But if i offended you Fishin I'm sorry. :D
    Irish Guard GH Division

Quote Originally Posted by Fishin'_Irish View Post
    Who's we? :)
    Fish everytime I see that Avatar...I feel like a kid again!!! Reps!!!! :D
    AUTRY DENSON'S #1 FAN!!!

another NU decommit...on the way to Morgantown:

from espn:

Wide receiver D.J. Woods lands with West Virginia
    D.J. Woods, who originally picked Nebraska before decommitting following the coaching change, told the Cleveland Plain Dealer that he's now pledged to the Mountaineers. He made the decision after a weekend visit to campus.
    "I can't wait to get there. I love the atmosphere and how they practice. Everybody there is cool," said the senior receiver.
    Woods also traveled to Iowa and Auburn and has cancelled future trips to Missouri and Penn State since committing.
    “We GUNNA Be Beast!!"

jonesman
    Guys,
    I hear you talking about Big Trev coming in and starting next season or gettting serious playing time. My hope is that he does NOT play as a freshman. This is not because I don't think he is good enough, but rather we are developing depth and he could use his freshman year to develop. We have a starting line set with Young, Turk, Wenger, Olsen, Duncan and Big Stew for assistance at G/T. These guys are starting to develop and with another year of off-season training, you will have a line that is bonding and growing as one. It is gonna be a nice problem to have TALENTED depth on the line. The next generation at line is looking darn good. Romine, Dever, Robinson, Cave, Golic, Nuss, Nwanko, and maybe Page. Wow, real live depth. Let's give these guys time to mature. If you noticed, Weiss did not play Nuss, Dever and Romine did not play at all after his injury. He knows how important that extra year can be.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesman View Post
    Guys,
    I hear you talking about Big Trev coming in and starting next season or gettting serious playing time. My hope is that he does NOT play as a freshman. This is not because I don't think he is good enough, but rather we are developing depth and he could use his freshman year to develop. We have a starting line set with Young, Turk, Wenger, Olsen, Duncan and Big Stew for assistance at G/T. These guys are starting to develop and with another year of off-season training, you will have a line that is bonding and growing as one. It is gonna be a nice problem to have TALENTED depth on the line. The next generation at line is looking darn good. Romine, Dever, Robinson, Cave, Golic, Nuss, Nwanko, and maybe Page. Wow, real live depth. Let's give these guys time to mature. If you noticed, Weiss did not play Nuss, Dever and Romine did not play at all after his injury. He knows how important that extra year can be.
    i tend to agree with you on this, but i have no confidence in any guy that played O line this year, nor a m i willing to give any guy on OL a starting job without earning it in Spring and Fall. Including Sam "needs to move back to RT" Young.
    IMHO, ALL the offensive line spots should be up for grabs for 2008, like CW says: play the best.
    if "the best" are the guys you refer to above then so be it, but you have to play the best guys regardless of class/experience.
    the guys who played in 07 had a ton of "experience" missing blocks, not picking up blitz packages, etc.
    key to entire 08 season is the OL...would like to see every OL guy fighting it out, knowing that if they improve, show CW they will start.
    “We GUNNA Be Beast!!"

Great post NDisNCin2010. Couldn't agree more. I wouldn't hand anyone a starting spot. You can't tell me there isn't someone on the team that can play better than Duncan or Turk, for example. I expect some young guys to step up and, if not take starting spots, to push those that Jonesman listed as starters to get better. If not, we are in for another long year.

If Romine can get healthy from whatever that arm injury was I can see him stealing a decent amount of time from Duncan. Other than that I think the starters at the end of the year are pretty much what we are going to see (possible Olsen/Stewart battle). Trevor is quite good but (assuming this thursday brings an early Christmas present) he will still have some time before he gets in the mix.

Side note - 6'5" (is that accurate he seems taller) and 304 lbs... sounds more like a guards body. I'm no expert on the O-Line, can someone tell me why he fits better as a tackle?

jfschellcrna
    how did this thursday announcement come to fruition?? is it related to the ee deadline??

Page 51 of 65 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast