Please Support Our Sponsors

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

'10 GA WR Tai-ler Jones (10/18/09-Notre Dame LOI)

Register to remove this advertisement
    Wide Receiver
    Gainesville High School (Gainesville, GA)

Links of Interest:
    Rivals Profile

Height: 6 foot-0
    Weight: 184 lbs.
    Forty: 4.46 secs.
    Bench Max:
    Squat Max:
    Shuttle: 4.28 secs.
    Vertical: 31 in.
    GPA: 3.5 ACT: 25

Multimedia
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBixFf9mpV8[/ame]

Tai-ler Jones

http://www.journalgazette.net/articl...GS02/100429690

Last updated: April 24, 2010 7:09 p.m.

Freshman receiver shines
    Tony Krausz
    The Journal Gazette
    Notre Dame's Blue-Gold Game on Saturday gave a glimpse not only of what it to come in the fall but also well down the line for the Irish.

In the Gold team's 27-19 victory, early-enrollee T.J. Jones showed why he has received so much time with the first-team offense this spring.

Playing for the Blue team and catching passes from quarterback Dayne Crist, Jones hauled in four passes for 56 yards.

"Right now he's in a starting role," coach Brian Kelly said of Jones. "I mean, he can play for us right now. I think he showed that on the first quick hitch he took and ran over a pretty good corner.

"He's physical, he plays fast, he's smart, he's a true freshman. He hasn't even graduated from high school, and in a sense his whole class doesn't graduate until May. He's a young man that will factor in prominently what we do on offense in the fall."

The 5-foot-11, 185-pounder also caught an 18-yard touchdown pass from Crist.

"T.J. has shown such a maturity out of a guy that is coming in here, and you forget that he's a mid‑year guy out of high school," Crist said. "But he's definitely working incredibly hard off the field. As a quarterback you know you can trust him because from an assignment standpoint he's doing what he needs to do, and you just feel comfortable with him out there."

Jones said adjusting to the school work and the work at spring practice was difficult, but even though he will miss his high school prom, he is glad he decided to enroll early.

"This is definitely the best experience," Jones said. "And it will help me in the fall."
    You think Kelly likes T.J.

TJ physically looks like a guy that should still be in high school, but its awesome to see him working in the rotation. Hope he tears it up over the summer

Member of the Irish Guard, GH Division

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Joe View Post
    TJ physically looks like a guy that should still be in high school, but its awesome to see him working in the rotation. Hope he tears it up over the summer
    I agree he has a done of work to do in the weight room, but what ND player doesnt? He seems to be able to work the field nicely and get open. He has very good hands and lots of wiggle in the open field. You have to like his progression this far at ND in only a couple of months.

Edged out Evans for the X WR spot with Kamara.

Likes Jones Speed, Likes Kamara's size, strength, and experience.

I think BK likes having a mix of styles at the WR positions. He has Riddick as the get him the ball in space guy, Jones as the sharp route runner and Floyd as the bigtime playmaker.

Congrats to TJ for coming in and beating out some good receivers as a FR. Great choice to come to ND and great chice to be an EE. He worked hard in the weight room to put himself in this position becasue a year ago he was real lean.

I just hope that TJ and Crist are on the same page becasue TJ's breaks are so sharp and the way he creates seperation could surprise Crist, which could end up in INTs.

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2010...at-notre-dame/

1. Wide receiver Tai-ler “TJ” Jones of Gainesville, a 2009 AJC Super 11 player, will become the first true freshman since Milt Jackson in 1982 to start a season-opening game for Notre Dame. This is a matter of more than a little pride for his father, Andre Jones, who played for the Fighting Irish 1987-91.

“I am at a lost for words,” Andre Jones told me in an e-mail exchange this week. “It’s nostalgic and very surreal all at the same time. I think most dads can confess the joy of seeing their sons play Division-1 football. But to play at your alma mater is another caveat I never imagined.”

Andre points out that his son, who is going by TJ instead of his given name Tai-ler in South Bend, is also the first “legacy child” from Notre Dame’s 1988 national championship team to start for the Irish. Jones’ godfather is none other than Raghib “Rocket” Ismail.

“That’s definitely one thing I can one-up him on,” TJ Jones said in a story in the Kalamazoo Gazette. “But there’s also things he can one-up me on as well.”

Of course, the fact that TJ will now be playing every week all over America makes for a bit of a travel challenge for the Jones. They have other children who also excel in athletics and academics.

“I will attend as many games as their schedules allow me to make,” Andre Jones said. “I will be there for the season opener and for Michigan next week. I will also catch the game versus Navy at the new New York Jets stadium and the game vs. Army at Yankee Stadium. After those games, I will have to travel as opportunity permits.”

TJ had 76 receptions for 1,399 yards and 18 touchdowns as senior at Gainesville last year.

i have TJ on my fantasy team. any guesses if he or riddick would make a better fantasy player?

come on saturday... I just can't stand waiting
    Goooooooo Irish!!!

Quote Originally Posted by en dee seattle View Post
    i have TJ on my fantasy team. any guesses if he or riddick would make a better fantasy player?
    Here would be my guess. I think I'd go with Riddick. Clearly Riddick has the moves and the speed to break off big plays. I see him fitting into the Golden Tate mold with reverses, wildcat, screen passes and regular routes. I think BK just wants to get the ball in his hands. I see TJ as a receiver that makes crazy good cuts to get open and will find the holes in the defense created by the other receivers getting more attention and him knowing how to get to the right spot. Just my $0.02.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast