Not a Supporting Member?

Become a Gold Club Supporting Member to remove this box and all other advertisments! Only $15 per year. Click HERE for more info!

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Register to remove this advertisement
    well, regardless of how harsh residence life is, or whether or not the punishment fit the crime, the worst thing about this situation moving forward is that Fauria is free to offer quotes about how he was unfairly treated and the university cannot speak to defend itself. IMO, if Fauria feels he was unfairly punished, he should discuss what he did and put it out there in the court of public opinion. the fact that he hasn't done so yet would imply that his offense was probably worse that he'd like us to believe. it probably means that there is at least a portion of ND faithful that would not approve of his actions and would stand behind res life.

does that mean that he's a bad kid or that he deserved to be suspended? not necessarily. but i have a hard time standing by a kid that will blame the university for being overly harsh while refusing to discuss what they were overly harsh about.

I must agree BI. Looking at the offenses of Yeatman and McAlarney I'm getting the feeling that this was fairly serious. For a first offense to be suspended and not even allowed back on campus for 6 months does not sound as trivial as perhaps Fauria is making it out to be. Could Res Life be making an example of him? I think it's possible but I also think they are bound by precedent of how other students with similar offenses were treated in the past. What I would like Fauria to do is to take some time for reflection and consider not transferring. The only thing he would lose would be fall practice and Walls has proven that that is not critical. If he comes back, he comes back with great motivation to prove himself and becomes a much stronger person for the process. I hope he talks to McAlarney.

well, there are plenty of people that think that getting caught drinking or smoking pot is rather trivial and doesn't warrant a suspension. i tend to think that myself. but the university's rules on the issue are pretty clear, and Yeatman was on his second offense. for right or wrong, he should have known better.

i don't know what Fauria did, but whatever it was, he knew that what he was doing could get him in trouble. we all have lapses in judgment and do things that we know are against the rules. the difference is that not all of us have 6-figure scholarships riding on the decisions we make.

Quote Originally Posted by mlcspinner View Post
    this should only be talked about in the Gold Club IMO
    What? That's lame.
    God, Family, Country and Notre Dame "Liberalism is a mental disorder." - Michael Savage

Where do I send my check?
    God, Family, Country and Notre Dame "Liberalism is a mental disorder." - Michael Savage

can anyone on campus verify recent rumour that the Fauria "offence" was streaking?

in my best Allen Iverson voice....

"Streaking...?!
    Streaking...?!
    we talkin bout streaking...!?

....Streaking?"
    “We GUNNA Be Beast!!"

Going to UCLA.

Good choice for him.

good for him, they are getting a good one.

Griff Cannon
    http://www.dailynews.com/sports/ci_12748959
    Former Notre Dame tight end Joseph Fauria said today he is transferring to UCLA, and he recently gave coach Rick Neuheisel a non-binding oral commitment.
    Under NCAA transfer rules, Fauria will sit out 2009 and be eligible for the 2010 season. He will have three years of eligibility remaining once he is eligible.

"I'm going to end up at UCLA,'' he said. "I'm verbally committed.'' The 6-foot-7, 250-pound Fauria will reunite with former high school teammate and current Bruins quarterback Kevin Prince. The two starred at Crespi High of Encino.

"It's a great atmosphere,'' Fauria said. "It was my second choice coming out of high school, got a good coaching staff and the arrow is pointing up for the direction of the program.''

Fauria said he left Notre Dame because of an issue with the administration, and not coach Charlie Weis or the football program.
    Bright side is that he is at least going to still be taking it to SUC

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast