Please Support Our Sponsors

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by HoffVir View Post
    Which is only 6 predictions right now. Even with Luatua possible switching positions (if ND even gets him), I'd be surprised if ND took all 3. Although the way WR recruiting is going, there could be room to take all 3.
    Do you think it's going badly? Or do you just mean we're about wrapped up at the WR position with Brent and Holmes and maybe one more?

I don't think it's going badly. Brent and Holmes are great. Isaiah McKenzie seems like a good bet to be Irish. To fill out those 4th and maybe 5th WR spots; Michiah Quick and Allen Lazard would be perfect. They're not locks, so hopefully when Josh Malone narrows down his schools he keeps ND in the mix. Mark Andrews seems to be headed elsewhere (A&M) and after that I'm not sure who ND really has a shot at.

............................||| Notre Dame Notes Spreadsheet |||..........................

Dalton plans to OV ND this weekend (December 6th).

Oversign...

I hope this guy STILL signs with ND. He is great.
    Spread out one of the Tight Ends and run 3 TE sets.
    'Big Skill' as Kelly says....

Quote Originally Posted by TJimmy View Post
    I hope this guy STILL signs with ND. He is great.
    Spread out one of the Tight Ends and run 3 TE sets.
    'Big Skill' as Kelly says....
    At some point, though, you have to acknowledge what you have, and what we have is a 2014 TE group that will include:
    Niklas -SR
    Koyack - SR
    Smythe - SO
    Heuerman - SO
    Weishar - FR
    Luatua - FR

There are only so many reps to go around and I would hate to sign both Luatua and Schultz only see one of them become our latest high-profile defection.

That said, I'd hate to see Schultz lining up against us for the Cardinal, so nevermind. Come on, Kelly! Land this kid, too!

Quote Originally Posted by JDriveSthND View Post
    At some point, though, you have to acknowledge what you have, and what we have is a 2014 TE group that will include:
    Niklas -SR
    Koyack - SR
    Smythe - SO
    Heuerman - SO
    Weishar - FR
    Luatua - FR

There are only so many reps to go around and I would hate to sign both Luatua and Schultz only see one of them become our latest high-profile defection.

That said, I'd hate to see Schultz lining up against us for the Cardinal, so nevermind. Come on, Kelly! Land this kid, too!
    I would take all and redshirt one or two of them, then take none next year.
    :clover:"May the saddest day of your future be no worse than the happiest day of your past." ~Irish blessing:clover:

Luatua could end up on D also. Weishar also.
    "Doggonnit............The Lord gave you two legs, protect them" - Coach Hart

Quote Originally Posted by lowayne View Post
    Luatua could end up on D also. Weishar also.
    Unlikely now. Luatua and Weishar are both projected as front 7 players and defense, likely linebackers. With the Irish landing all 3 of their late offers (Williams, Hill and Sykes) and now in the driver's seat for Morgan, the Irish are going to land 11 front 7 recruits including 6 pure linebackers. If Tranquill moves from S to ILB and Williams moves from DE to OLB, then that's a total of 8 LB recruits and 12 front 7 commits. In other words, Luatua and Weishar won't be needed on the defensive side of the ball and both present huge matchup problems on the offensive side of the ball. So, I predict both will stay with the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by JDriveSthND View Post
    Unlikely now. Luatua and Weishar are both projected as front 7 players and defense, likely linebackers. With the Irish landing all 3 of their late offers (Williams, Hill and Sykes) and now in the driver's seat for Morgan, the Irish are going to land 11 front 7 recruits including 6 pure linebackers. If Tranquill moves from S to ILB and Williams moves from DE to OLB, then that's a total of 8 LB recruits and 12 front 7 commits. In other words, Luatua and Weishar won't be needed on the defensive side of the ball and both present huge matchup problems on the offensive side of the ball. So, I predict both will stay with the offense.
    Flexibility and options are a wonderful thing. We'll see where everyone ends up. If there's room, you take Schultz.

Tyler James ‏@TJamesNDI
    It says something about Notre Dame's talent at TE when the #247Composite No. 3 TE in the country commits and people ask if he can play D.
    7:14 PM - 16 Dec 13

............................||| Notre Dame Notes Spreadsheet |||..........................

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast