Please Support Our Sponsors

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

'14 UT TE Dalton Schultz (Offer/Stanford Commit)

Register to remove this advertisement
    Tight End
    South Jordan (UT) Bingham

Ht:6'5"
    Wt:215 lbs

http://rivals.yahoo.com/notredame/fo...Schultz-138622

http://247sports.com/Player/Dalton-S...titution=21884

Notre Dame, Arizona, Arizona State, BYU, Cal, Colorado, Hawaii, Oklahoma, Stanford, Tennessee, and Utah have offered. Florida, Florida State, and Nebraska are showing interest. Bob Elliott is recruiting Dalton for the Irish.

............................||| Notre Dame Notes Spreadsheet |||..........................

Notre Dame has offered.

............................||| Notre Dame Notes Spreadsheet |||..........................

http://247sports.com/Article/Las-Veg...formers-119499 (free)

LAS VEGAS, Nev. – We take a look at the top performers over the course of the weekend at the NLA 7on7 West Regional by position.

Pass-catchers

1. Dalton Schultz, TE, South Jordan (Utah) Bingham – Though he may have been the biggest prospect in attendance, Schultz was more than just a body mismatch. When he caught the ball all weekend, it was startling how quick and athletic he was after the catch. Schultz looked like one of the nation’s elite tight ends all weekend.

http://247sports.com/Article/Vegas-N...ng-days-119392 (free)

Schultz has options

There may not be another tight end in the country that is as heavily recruited as Dalton Schultz out of the class of 2014 at this point in the process. The Utah native is adding offers by the day and he lists four schools that stand out as having the most mutual interest among his offers: Notre Dame, Stanford, Washington and Utah.

“Notre Dame is a pretty cool school,” he said. “They’re tight end rich in tradition and they compare well to places like Stanford and Utah and it’s tight end U.

“Stanford is just like Notre Dame, they compare really well. Academics are great.

“Utah, I love the coaches there. They were the first ones to have interest in me.

“Washington’s the same way. I love the coaches at Washington too and I’ve heard their new facilities are real nice so we’ll have to go see.”

Schultz hopes to get in several visits this offseason but at the least, he’ll get in some next fall. Official visits are likely to play a major factor in his decision which he doesn’t expect to come until national signing day. Academics are also going to weigh heavily.

“That’s engrained into my mind by my mom,” he said. “Academics and how good the football team is. You’ve got to have a good football team and then how comfortable you are with the coaches.”

Schultz lived up to his profile on Saturday looking the part of an elite tight end prospect with major mismatch ability and deceptive athleticism.

http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recr...week-in-review (free)

Dalton Schultz, TE, 6-6, 230, Bingham High School, South Jordan, UT picked up his first scholarship offer during the fall of his sophomore year in high school. However, his performance in the NLA Elite 7 0n 7 tournament in Las Vegas a year ago really opened recruiters’ eyes and numerous scholarship offers have followed. Notre Dame is one of the latest schools to get into the mix for Schultz’s signature when they stepped up to the plate with a scholarship offer just a couple of weeks ago.

“I’ve been coaching for 29 years, we’ve put a lot of kids into college, and he might end up being the most recruited kid we’ve had,” stated Bingham head coach Dave Peck. “He has offers, obviously from Notre Dame, Nebraska offered him this past week, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Stanford, just about all of the Pac 12 schools, Utah, BYU, Utah State.”

And Schultz’s recruitment has possibly just scratched the surface. Even defending national champion Alabama has shown significant interest in the Utah tight end, sending their offensive coordinator to his school during one of Alabama’s bye weeks during last year’s season.

Peck understands why Schultz is garnering such attention.

“He’s got a 3.9 grade point average, great student,” said Peck. “He’ll go knock the crap out of you. He’s got a mean streak when he’s on the football field. If we had a record for pancakes, he’d probably have the record, but we don’t keep track of that.”

Peck continued.

“I think he’s a guy that could be playing on Sundays someday. He’s got really good ball skills. He catches the ball well for 6-6, 230. He runs well for a big kid. He’s the real deal.”

According to Peck, Schultz is very excited about all the recruiting attention, including that from Notre Dame, but isn’t in any hurry to make a decision.

“He’s already telling me that he’ll take his five trips and then decide,” explained Peck. “He’s not going to be an early commit. He really wants to go see the campuses and make his decision. I think if he stays in Utah, I think he’ll go to the University of Utah. Stanford is really high on his list, but that was before Notre Dame and Nebraska and some of the others offered.”

Video interview with Dalton from ESPN Recruiting nation.........

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:9017476

Jake Brown ‏@Jake_Brown
    #Rivals250 TE Dalton Schultz. RT @BinghamBaller9: In no particular order:

Stanford
    Washington
    Oregon St.
    Utah
    Notre Dame
    4:04 PM - 22 Jul 13

Senior Member Purebred Irishman's Avatar
    Will ND get an official or has he any plans to visit ND ?
    All winning teams are goal-oriented. Teams like these win consistently because everyone connected with them concentrates on specific objectives. They go about their business with blinders on; nothing will distract themfrom achieving their aims.

- Lou Holtz, former Notre Dame football coach

For what it's worth, 247Sports crystal ball has predicted 100% to Stanford. Not surprising really. ND already has Weishar and is in on Luatua as well. I would be shocked if we got Schultz. It kind of feels like an obligatory inclusion because ND is known for its TE. It's crazy that Stanford has become our biggest competition for TE, but Toilolo and Ertz really raised the TE bar for them. Two of Stanford's top three receivers last year were TE, so the message is obvious to recruits. Go to Stanford and you'll get your touches.

That said, with Fasano, Carlson, Rudolph and Eifert coming out of Notre Dame in the last decade, I'm kind of shocked we don't land the #1 TE every year. Notre Dame hasn't had a starting TE declare for the Draft and go lower than the 2nd round since before the Weis era. Tight End U, period.

Quote Originally Posted by JDriveSthND View Post
    For what it's worth, 247Sports crystal ball has predicted 100% to Stanford. Not surprising really. ND already has Weishar and is in on Luatua as well. I would be shocked if we got Schultz. It kind of feels like an obligatory inclusion because ND is known for its TE. It's crazy that Stanford has become our biggest competition for TE, but Toilolo and Ertz really raised the TE bar for them. Two of Stanford's top three receivers last year were TE, so the message is obvious to recruits. Go to Stanford and you'll get your touches.

That said, with Fasano, Carlson, Rudolph and Eifert coming out of Notre Dame in the last decade, I'm kind of shocked we don't land the #1 TE every year. Notre Dame hasn't had a starting TE declare for the Draft and go lower than the 2nd round since before the Weis era. Tight End U, period.
    Which is only 6 predictions right now. Even with Luatua possible switching positions (if ND even gets him), I'd be surprised if ND took all 3. Although the way WR recruiting is going, there could be room to take all 3.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast