Please Support Our Sponsors

Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    GoldenShower

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishKnight1023 View Post
    No suprise here, but Evans has named a top 5 and ND is not one of them....

UCLA (leader), U, Cal, L & Ohio
    According to Brandon Huffman (Scout's West coast recruiting cordinator), he did say on Power Hour that ND was part of his top 6. Also said May 5 or 8th that ND coaches were going to visit, so who knows. One thing mentioned was that Shaq has only really known California schools, so perhaps he'll come for a visit in the fall along with LSU and OSU and open his eyes and maybe ND's chances. Not saying it's good, but ND's coaches haven't given up.

Profile Updated to reflect latest Rivals & Scout rankings.

Evans moves up on both boards and is now a 5 star on both boards.

FWIW:

Crist is calling Evans "frequently" these days per some other boards...
    “We GUNNA Be Beast!!"

Quote Originally Posted by NDisNCin2010 View Post
    FWIW:

Crist is calling Evans "frequently" these days per some other boards...
    Thanks for the info NDisNCin2010 and don't take this the wrong way, but after last year's frequent reports that Crist was supposedly helping to recruit guys, none of which panned out, I am going to take a show me some results attitude this year on any Crist reports before I take them seriously.

Crist didnt do any recruiting last year? Well even if he didnt help recruit any new guys im sure he certainly had a big hand in keeping the class together.

i hear what your sayin IUB, my view is that Crist is a natural born leader as all the interviews, reports, live feeds from AA game in TX attest.
    i meant more to Stew point above, and even Charlies comments on NSD about how he "worked to keep the class together"...i thought it was noteworthy especially as Shaq is a WR and Crist a QB. i think your referring to the Milton Knox reports about Crist working him, but ultimatley to no avail. in the end its the coaches jobs to recruit, but keep in mind we got in on Knox late in the process and we played "catchup" during the whole frantic end of the cycle with him. i think since we offered Shaq earlier than Knox maybe just maybe "from a Cali kid to a Cali kid" they could possibly make a connection that helps the kid feel he wont be so far from home in the literal and figurative sense. time will tell...
    “We GUNNA Be Beast!!"

Quote Originally Posted by NDisNCin2010 View Post
    i hear what your sayin IUB, my view is that Crist is a natural born leader as all the interviews, reports, live feeds from AA game in TX attest.
    i meant more to Stew point above, and even Charlies comments on NSD about how he "worked to keep the class together"...i thought it was noteworthy especially as Shaq is a WR and Crist a QB. i think your referring to the Milton Knox reports about Crist working him, but ultimatley to no avail. in the end its the coaches jobs to recruit, but keep in mind we got in on Knox late in the process and we played "catchup" during the whole frantic end of the cycle with him. i think since we offered Shaq earlier than Knox maybe just maybe "from a Cali kid to a Cali kid" they could possibly make a connection that helps the kid feel he wont be so far from home in the literal and figurative sense. time will tell...
    Don't misunderstand what I am saying. I am sure that Dayne Crist did a lot of recruiting work last year and will do so again this year. However, a lot of very positive reports attributed to him on Knox and quite a few other recruits were second hand info. It is this second hand info that has not panned out, and my point is that unless you see quotes directly from him the information to this point has been sketchy. So if you have seen something where Dayne Crist is on the record as saying he has been calling Evans frequently then I am confident that such info is 100% correct, if it is someone on another board saying they heard Dayne was doing that, then the show me attitude kicks in.

Maybe if it wasn't for Crist, ND wouldn't have been even in the running for Knox, we will never no for sure but I think have a Clausen and a Crist is only going to help ND's chances of getting a stud like Evans to South Bend.

Quote Originally Posted by irishunclebill View Post
    Don't misunderstand what I am saying. I am sure that Dayne Crist did a lot of recruiting work last year and will do so again this year. However, a lot of very positive reports attributed to him on Knox and quite a few other recruits were second hand info. It is this second hand info that has not panned out, and my point is that unless you see quotes directly from him the information to this point has been sketchy. So if you have seen something where Dayne Crist is on the record as saying he has been calling Evans frequently then I am confident that such info is 100% correct, if it is someone on another board saying they heard Dayne was doing that, then the show me attitude kicks in.
    I think Crist had Knox swayed, but should have spent more time calling his dad.

If ya all want, I can start calling him. I'm sure I can sway him. Just sayin

Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast