Please Support Our Sponsors

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

'15 IN S Mykelti Williams (Notre Dame Commit 12/19/14)

Register to remove this advertisement
    Safety
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Warren Central

Links of Interest:
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/notredame/fo...illiams-136859

http://247sports.com/Player/Mykelti-...19052?pi=30783

Height:5'10"
    Weight:170 lbs
    40:4.4 secs

Multimedia

No verbal offers for Williams but he's receiving interest from ND, Cincinnati, Indiana, Kentucky and Louisville. He has unofficially visited Indiana for their first game of the current season and plans to unofficially visit ND this weekend for the ND/scUM game.
    Last edited by HoffVir; 12-19-2014 at 06:38 PM.

http://247sports.com/Article/Mykelti...Central-144012 (free)

Indianapolis (Ind.) Warren Central safety Mykelti Williams has an offer from Indiana, and his head coach Jayson West feels it won’t be long before the class-of-2015 standout has offers from just about every program in the country.

The 5-foot-11, 194-pound Williams has had a strong offseason according to West and is primed for a big junior season this fall.

“He’s progressed amazingly,” West said. “He comes to work disciplined. He’s reading and he’s leading. I can’t think of a program in America that won’t want to add him. He has it, and I haven’t used that word since (current Indiana junior quarterback) Tre Roberson. There are some kids that get what you do and what you want. He’s very intelligent, and on top of that he’s a great athlete, and on top of that he’s a better young man. I couldn’t be more happy with him.”

West himself is happy to have Williams on his side instead of preparing to play against him. Last season West was the head coach for state champion Lawrence Central and along with Williams is looking to take Warren Central back to the same heights.

“Everybody likes him,” West stated. “Everybody will pull the trigger on him. He’s kind of a no-brainer. He looks the part. He has great vision, great speed and he’s a collision guy. I think he’s going to be one of the top safeties in the country really soon. I’ve seen a lot of good ones and I haven’t really seen many better in high school.

“He has something special to him and he commands the audience which is pretty rare in a high school young man.”

According to Williams, his growth as a player is easy to pinpoint. He said this is the first offseason he’s devoted to football.

“I think this summer I really got better,” Williams added. “Usually in the summer I played AAU basketball, but this year I decided to take a year off and get my craft right.”

Williams continues to build a strong relationship with the coaching staff at Indiana and visited during the summer. He says he could be back in Bloomington on Sunday for the Hoosiers second big visit day of the fall.

“The DBs coach, he talks to me, and the way Coach (Kevin) Wilson explained it to me, he said it would be me and (Indianapolis Ben Davis graduate and Hoosiers fresman) Antonio Allen at safety and that we’d have a valuable impact on IU’s defense.”

Williams also camped at Purdue this summer and feels the Boilermakers could be close to offering after watching some early film of his junior year.

“I liked the university and the coaching staff,” Williams said. “I talked to the DBs coach and they showed me around the weight room.”

Besides Indiana and Purdue, Williams is looking forward to attending games during the fall at Notre Dame, where former teammate Sheldon Day is a sophomore defensive lineman, at Georgia, where former teammate Tim Kimbrough is a freshman linebacker and at LSU.

IUB, Welcome back!

ND offered...commitment watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayton_Domer View Post
    ND offered...commitment watch.

I have to say, I'm liking how well Kelly & Co. are dominating recruiting in Indiana. I know it's not the most talent rich real estate, but it's really great to see the Irish pull in 3 (soon to be 4) of the top 6 recruits in the state of Indiana - all on the defensive side of the ball btw.

It's kind of interesting that Justin Tranquill is actually rated 1 spot above Williams as the #4 player in IN and the top S, but ND chose to pass on him. He is now committed to Western Michigan after his ACL injury as a senior.

Also, with the offer to Williams, it makes me curious where ND stands with Ben Edwards, Frank Buncom IV, Tyree Kinnell, Gary Jennings, and current commit Prentice McKinney, who has scheduled a visit to UCLA.

Williams did end up committing today! It's nice getting some good news for a change.

McKinney may end up being an academic casualty, but no one is sure yet. If he stays Irish, they may still want another safety in the class. If he doesn't stick, they will definitely want at least one more safety, maybe two. So it's worth keeping an eye on all of them.

Some people seem to think ND will get one of Edwards and Buncom and the other will go to Stanford as they both (seem to) have ND/Stanford as their Top 2.

............................||| Notre Dame Notes Spreadsheet |||..........................

Williams Gearing Up For Offseason
    Author: Matt Freeman
    January 11, 2015

Mykelti Williams

Indianapolis native Mykelti Williams,is the newest Notre Dame commit in the 2015 and the Warren Central captain led by example this fall for the Warriors, leading them to a deep playoff run.

“It was actually a great season for us,” Williams said. “It was great for the team and for myself, growing as a player. I led my team to the regionals in the playoffs. I think that being a vocal leader and leading by example helped my team on and off the field.”

The 6-foot, 200-pounder somewhat flew under the radar for most of his recruitment, yet the four-star had offers from Notre Dame, Akron, Cincinnati, Illinois, Indiana, Louisville, Minnesota, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Syracuse, Purdue, Wake Forest and Wisconsin.

Williams explains that part of the reason he made a big jump his senior season, was simply getting healthy.

“A lot of people don’t know, but I was hurt most of my junior season,” he explained. “I was able to play natural and healthy this year. Being 100 percent made a big difference and I was able to be my normal self. With my health back, it allowed me to react to the ball better and make open field tackles easier.”

As many know, Williams committed to the Irish on the spot after receiving his offer. Williams wants to arrive in South Bend and show the Irish that he can be a leader, even as a freshman.

“Notre Dame is a great school for me and just a great fit,” Williams said. “I love the way they play. I see myself as being a free safety. I can make plays on the ball and make open field tackles. I want to try and be a vocal leader early too.”

Former Warren Central teammate and current Notre Dame defensive lineman Sheldon Day has been a guiding force in Williams’ recruitment, but he never pushed Williams to go to Notre Dame. The two are good friends and Day made it clear that Williams should pick the program that suited him the best.

“We are pretty close and we have talked since I committed,” stated Williams. “He told me during the process that I should go to the school that is the best fit for me and to follow my heart.”

Williams will be at Notre Dame next weekend for his official visit. As the Indiana winter rolls in, Williams is focused on enjoying the last few months of high school, but is still training with his eyes toward arriving in South Bend in the summer.

“Right now, I am just working out and then I have indoor track season coming up,” he said. “I run the 200m, 4×1 and maybe doing the long-jump, but that’s not for sure yet.”

http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/2015...ing-offseason/

............................||| Notre Dame Notes Spreadsheet |||..........................

Signed and sent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast