Not a Supporting Member?

Become a Gold Club Supporting Member to remove this box and all other advertisments! Only $15 per year. Click HERE for more info!

View Poll Results: Notre Dame at Michigan State

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Notre Dame

32 74.42%
  • Michigan State

11 25.58%
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

[ 9/15/2012 ] #20 Notre Dame (2-0) vs #10 Michigan State (2-0)

Register to remove this advertisement

Notre Dame Fighting Irish v. Michigan State Spartans
    Spartan Stadium
    East Lansing, Michigan
    September 15, 2012
    8:00 pm EDT ]

IRISH GUARD-GH Division

Contain Bell and we've got a shot at this. They are playing hard-nosed ball on the D. Their QB looks ok, but against Boise he struggled a bit...against CMU he was fine (no shocker there). They are NOT as good as last year...so that helps a lot.

Dantonio is a smart motherf'er though, so they will be well coached and have swagger now. He's taught them well.

I think we pull this off...but only by 3.

Something to note though...they've only given up 110 yards rushing TOTAL. Boise knows how to rush too...

If we run the ball we win. If we can't get 100, we lose.

I think we have a shot at EVERY game. But it is clear that we WILL need to run the ball well so opposing teams don't jam the box and force Golson into pressure situations. Regardless, we do have enough talent to be in EVERY game we play in this season. We just have to keep believing, the players have to keep supporting each other, and the coaches need to put them in a position to win. Oh....and keep that damn injury bug away. GOD - yesterday was depressing watching all of our guys going down all over the field. Next man in is great, but it is a heart attack waiting to happen!
    Irish Guard - GH Division

FYI... wrong date
    :clover:"May the saddest day of your future be no worse than the happiest day of your past." ~Irish blessing:clover:

If Tommy Rees plays, I am done with BK.

line opened with sparty a 2.5 fav and the line has moved to 3.5 so far

and done with BK if Rees plays? really? the booing of rees when he took the field yesterday was pathetic. i'm not his biggest fan either, but the kid has rock solid resolve and a is so cool under pressure, just with he had golson's talent. Be great to take his mental ability and put it in Golson's head. Golson will get there in time, just wish it was there now. If could recognize what he sees and adjust the protection/blocking schemes, that would make his job back there a lot easier on himself and we would see that cinci offense more at ND. Until golson gets it, we won't be seeing it anytime soon

Quote Originally Posted by Synoptico View Post
    FYI... wrong date
    corrected

IRISH GUARD-GH Division

Quote Originally Posted by marv81s View Post
    line opened with sparty a 2.5 fav and the line has moved to 3.5 so far

and done with BK if Rees plays? really? the booing of rees when he took the field yesterday was pathetic. i'm not his biggest fan either, but the kid has rock solid resolve and a is so cool under pressure, just with he had golson's talent. Be great to take his mental ability and put it in Golson's head. Golson will get there in time, just wish it was there now. If could recognize what he sees and adjust the protection/blocking schemes, that would make his job back there a lot easier on himself and we would see that cinci offense more at ND. Until golson gets it, we won't be seeing it anytime soon
    i just hope kelly's tactical decision (and success) doesn't undermine the long-term stability of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by iloveirish_12 View Post
    Why??? I'm not a fan of Rees myself, but if Tommy playing gets us a win then I'm all for it. Makes no sense to me.

I haven't had a chance to watch the game yesterday, but what the "F" is wrong with the fans? Why in Gods name would we be booing Rees? That pisses me off to no extent. F-ing idiots!
    KeiVarae Russell: "When the coaches told me over the next few days in the film room that I was gonna start I was like ‘Uh Oh’.”

Quote Originally Posted by iloveirish_12 View Post
    I just don't understand some fans. Pathetic is too kind a word. Why do you WANT to hate Tommy Rees? Because there is no logical reason to make such a statement unless you hate him personally. Twenty year old Tommy Rees who never did anything to you. Because he went 8-4 last year? Because he threw too many INTs? Grow the f- up please. Tommy isn't better than Golson and Golson should start. But he didn't do anything wrong yesterday. He ran the the 2 minute drill perfectly and we won. That shouldn't get Rees the start, obviously, but why not be happy for the kid? Why not be happy for someone who had so much put on his shoulders at such a young age and had to take a lot of grief last year? Why not be happy that the kid is finding a new role within the team and is contributing/being productive? He's certainly an asset in the sense that he can help Golson transition into the college game. He knows the game and can teach it to Golson. Golson is obviously talented, but he's also green. He's a freshman. I bet that final drive could serve as a good education tool for Golson in the film room. Yet, here come the bonehead Tommy Rees haters who would rather have us lose to Purdue than allow Tommy to run the 2 minute drill and win it for us?

This isn't a zero-sum situation. You don't have to hate Tommy Rees to see that Evertt Golson is the better QB and, obviously, the QB of the future.

Some people are just used to being assholes, I guess, that they can't express themselves any other way. What a stupid, ignorant comment.
    Last edited by MoeMontana; 09-09-2012 at 04:38 PM.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast