Not a Supporting Member?

Become a Gold Club Supporting Member to remove this box and all other advertisments! Only $15 per year. Click HERE for more info!

View Poll Results: Notre Dame vs Purdue

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Notre Dame

53 98.15%
  • Purdue

1 1.85%
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

[ September 8, 2012 ] #22 Notre Dame (1-0) v. Purdue (1-0)

Register to remove this advertisement

Notre Dame Fighting Irish v. Purdue Boilermakers
    Notre Dame Stadium
    South Bend, Indiana
    September 8, 2012
    3:30 pm EDT
    NBC]

IRISH GUARD-GH Division

-- Robert Marve passed for a career-high 295 yards and matched a career best with three touchdowns to help Purdue defeat Eastern Kentucky 48-6 on Saturday in both teams' season opener.

Marve started because previously declared starter Caleb TerBush was suspended one game for violating team rules. He hadn't thrown three touchdowns since 2008, when he was the starter at Miami.

Akeem Shavers ran for 74 yards and O.J. Ross caught eight passes for 71 yards. Purdue gained 547 yards against coach Danny Hope's alma mater, where he was the head coach from 2003 to 2007.

The Boilermakers held Football Championship Subdivision foe Eastern Kentucky to 190 yards and 10 first downs and forced four turnovers. Defensive tackle Kawann Short blocked a field goal and an extra point for the fifth and sixth blocked kicks of his career.

Brooklyn Fox led Eastern Kentucky with two interceptions and a fumble recovery.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/purdue-...11--ncaaf.html

IRISH GUARD-GH Division

Notre Dame is going to win and I'm gonna have a hell of a birthday because of it

Looking forward to this one. I HATE Purdue. Almost as much as USC and scUM.

Quote Originally Posted by mcbri014 View Post
    Notre Dame is going to win and I'm gonna have a hell of a birthday because of it

This will be our first big test of the secondary...Marve knows how to sling the rock well...he should make people nervous

Caleb Terbush will probably be the starter.

Purdue doesn't worry me. It won't be a blowout, but ND will win be a two score margin.

I'll be in the house for this one. I'm pretty confident we'll take this one. it will be a tougher test than Navy, but we should be fine.

Who will start? Golson or Rees? Either way I think we win, but whomever starts this game will also likely start teh Mich St game which will be our first big-time test of the season...

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoIrishFan View Post
    Who will start? Golson or Rees? Either way I think we win, but whomever starts this game will also likely start teh Mich St game which will be our first big-time test of the season...
    In the event this was a serious question

Q. You have a couple of guys coming off suspensions this week. How do you reintegrate them in terms of reps, especially at the quarterback position?
    BRIAN KELLY: Yeah, you know, Tommy now will get a chance to take some reps and get some work. That's going to be a process. You don't just jump in there and pick up where you left off. He's got a lot of work to do, and it'll be nice to have him back in practice where he can go in there and get some meaningful reps.

Q. As far as where he stands on the depth chart, do you start the week with a number in mind, or do you just kind of have to wait and see how the week goes?
    BRIAN KELLY: Well, you know, I think what we want to do is give him some work, him and Andrew will get some work, and kind of play it by ear as we go through the week, because obviously they're going to be competing for that No.2 position going into this week.

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast