Not a Supporting Member?

Become a Gold Club Supporting Member to remove this box and all other advertisments! Only $15 per year. Click HERE for more info!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

'14 CA LB Dwight Williams (UCLA Commit)

Register to remove this advertisement
    Linebacker
    Gardena, California
    Junipero Serra

Height:6'1"
    Weight:197 lbs

Links of Interest:
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/notredame/fo...illiams-133405

http://247sports.com/Player/Dwight-W...-15563?pi=1237

Multimedia

Dwight currently holds verbal offers from Colorado, Oregon State and UCLA. Receiving interest from ND, Bama, Arizona, Arizona State, Cal, Cincinnati, Mizzo, pOSU, Oregon, U$C, Washington and Washington State. Dwight has unofficially visited UCLA over the previous summer. Dwight is current teammates with '14 CA CB Adoree' Jackson (ND Prospect). He is also currently attending Serra high school, a feeder school for U$C. Previous studs from Serra ('11 5* WR George Farmer, '10 5* ATH Robert Woods and '11 4* ATH Marqise Lee) all signed LOI's to U$C.
    Last edited by HoffVir; 01-04-2014 at 01:49 PM.

Senior Member Purebred Irishman's Avatar
    http://notredame.247sports.com/Artic...illiams-104075

Notre Dame head coach Brian Kelly stopped by Junipero Serra High on Monday to check on Top247 OLB Dwight Williams.
    All winning teams are goal-oriented. Teams like these win consistently because everyone connected with them concentrates on specific objectives. They go about their business with blinders on; nothing will distract themfrom achieving their aims.

- Lou Holtz, former Notre Dame football coach

http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recr...14-lb-likes-nd

Dwight Williams was at the Coliseum as a USC recruit on Nov. 24th, but the 2014 California linebacker had his eyes on the opposition.

“I went to the game, the USC-Notre Dame game,” the 6-foot-2, 212-pounder from Serra High School in Gardena, Calif., said. “I kept my eye glued to Manti Te’o. He’s phenomenal.”

Williams already holds offers UCLA, Arizona State, Oregon State, Colorado and Boise State.

“It’s a blessing,” said Williams.

Notre Dame is among those other programs with serious interest and West Coast recruiter Mike Denbrock brought head coach Brian Kelly with him to the school after the win over USC.

“It was incredible,” said Williams. “I talk to Coach Denbrock a lot through Facebook, so we’ve been in contact for quite some time. I talked to Coach Denbrock after the game about recruiting and he said he was going to stop by and say hello. He said he wasn’t going to go back until he saw me and he was bringing Coach Kelly with him.

“It felt great knowing that the head coach would come out and see me.”

Williams already had a great appreciation for the Irish.

“I love Notre Dame,” he said. “I’ve always been a big fan of their law program and academics.”

And while Williams had his eyes on Te’o against the Trojans, it was a future Irish linebacker that Denbrock mentioned later on.

“He kind of broke some stuff down for me about the outside linebacker spot,” said Williams. “I can run around and make plays in space, kind of like Jaylon Smith that they have committed right now.”

College scouts like the blend of size and speed possessed by Williams, who has been clocked at 4.6 in the 40-yard dash. “I guess they like that I’m athletic too,” he added.

No schools are standing out at this point, but Notre Dame definitely has his eye.

“Everybody is pretty much even right now, I like Notre Dame though,” he said. “I haven’t really made a decision on top schools or anything.”

He does have an idea of what will be important when he’s looking at programs.

“Academics will be first and then I’ll look at the coaching staff and if I feel at home out there,” he said. “Then we can go from there.”

Williams has already visited the local schools multiple times and has plans to get out more eventually.

“In the summer, I’m going to start hitting it hard and getting out of state,” he said. “I’ve been down to UCLA and USC a number of times.”

Could Notre Dame end up on the itinerary?

“Definitely. Of course.”
    All winning teams are goal-oriented. Teams like these win consistently because everyone connected with them concentrates on specific objectives. They go about their business with blinders on; nothing will distract themfrom achieving their aims.

Jake_Brown: #Rivals250 LB Dwight Williams (@DW7_) just added #Florida to the offer list. #Gators

Jake_Brown: #Rivals250 OLB Dwight Williams added #Arizona to the offer list #Wildcats

Jake_Brown: #Rivals250 LB Dwight Williams has added #Oklahoma to the offer list. #Sooners @JLMcCuistion

Georgia have verbally offered.

http://247sports.com/Article/Las-Veg...formers-119505 (free)

LAS VEGAS, Nev. – We take a look at the top defensive performers over the course of the weekend at the NLA 7on7 West Regional by position.

Linebacker

1. Dwight Williams, Gardena (Calif.) Junipero Serra – There aren’t many players anywhere at any position with the recruiting profile of Williams but over the weekend, the four-star lived up to the hype. He was extremely physical, and dominated the middle of the field, running with backs and wide receivers with ease.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast