Please Support Our Sponsors

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Register to remove this advertisement
    That's a great thing. IMO

zmoney281
    Does anybody have any film on him. Cannot find any 4 the life of me.

Quote Originally Posted by irishunclebill View Post
    Theo's visit has been moved up to this weekend.
    I would like to know why. It is probably only a scheduling conflct. However, with the B&G game next weekend and multiple offers out to TBs, could this be a move to secure one of the 2 spots? Riddick is about #3 TB on my list after Wood then Taylor. If I thought I was #3 I would do what I could to be 1 of 2 taken.

Quote Originally Posted by NDgrandson View Post
    I would like to know why. It is probably only a scheduling conflct. However, with the B&G game next weekend and multiple offers out to TBs, could this be a move to secure one of the 2 spots? Riddick is about #3 TB on my list after Wood then Taylor. If I thought I was #3 I would do what I could to be 1 of 2 taken.
    He already has it in his power to be one of the guys- he has an offer in hand- he can sign it anytime he wants- he is accepting risk just by waiting any day, as are the other 2. Almost a game of polish poker- waiting/ bluffing the other 2. Once 1 of the 3 accept, i hope there is a race by the other 2 to be #2.

so has anyone heard anything on how it went

Quote Originally Posted by IrishGrizz View Post
    He already has it in his power to be one of the guys- he has an offer in hand- he can sign it anytime he wants- he is accepting risk just by waiting any day, as are the other 2. Almost a game of polish poker- waiting/ bluffing the other 2. Once 1 of the 3 accept, i hope there is a race by the other 2 to be #2.
    would there be that kind of a race, or do you think Wood got one of the "we really want you, take your time and no matter what we will have a spot for you" type guarantees?

His visit went great from what is being said. Suposedly was the best visit he has had to date. As far as in maybe turning into a race. If Wood would commitI could see it being one of the other two pulling the trigger rather quickly. Just my feeling.

Riddick is much more likely to commit to ND before either Wood or Taylor. The only way Riddick or Taylor gets shut out is if Wood and another RB commits before they do, and that is not likely to happen soon. I would still be surprised, but very happy, just to see Wood on campus this weekend. If he were to actually commit to ND this weekend, it would be one of the more shocking developments in recruiting over the past 2 years. I'm not sure where it got started that there was a possibility of that happening, but IMO the likelihood of it is extemely remote. I also believe that if Wood decides on ND that he would have a spot whenever he decides, even if ND already has 2 RB's already committed. For strategic recruiting purposes alone, you do not turn down a SoCal RB who is one of the Top 2 RB prospects in the country. In any case, I do not see that happening anyway, ND has a good shot at Riddick, but I think Taylor is going to be another Cyrus Gray, keeping ND in the mix all the way until he either no longer has a slot available or decides to go somewhere else.

I tell myself I will wait until summer is thru and then expect to have a good handful of recruits, but we may have to wait until 1/2 way thru the season to get another chunk of commits.

Quote Originally Posted by NDmcgarry View Post
    would there be that kind of a race, or do you think Wood got one of the "we really want you, take your time and no matter what we will have a spot for you" type guarantees?
    Nice first post NDmcgarry. That is a good question and I think IUB answered it acurately, which he always does. Wood is Irish if he wants to be no matter when he decides. It is not a Mustian situation where he would be odd man out. That is IUB's and many other peoples opinion and unless the stock really rises on Riddick and Taylor, it will remain like that.

Great string of posts here in this thread. I hope Riddick does commit but much of that has to do with my impatience with recruiting. I guess I should just hope for the best 2 but I would love to see Wood commit this weekend and be the Clausen of this class that sets standard for the others to join.

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast