Please Support Our Sponsors

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

'08 NC CB Robert Blanton (6/20/07 Notre Dame LOI)

Register to remove this advertisement
    Cornerback
    Butler High School (Matthews, NC)

Ht: 6-foot-1
    Wt: 177 lbs
    Forty: 4.5 secs
    GPA: 3.0

Links of Interest: Rivals Profile

Combine:
    Bench Max: 215 lbs.
    Squat Max:

Star Ratings
    Rivals.com: ****
    Scout.com: ****

Rankings & Accolades
    Rivals #22 National Safety Rivals NC Top 30- #7
    Scout 300 #172 Scout #15 Cornerback
    ESPN #47 National Safety
    Lemming/CSTV 100 #90

Statistics
    2006- 147 Tackles, 7 Interceptions, 2 TD’s, 4 Blocked Kicks
    2007- 128 Tackles, 7 Interceptions

Schools of Interest:
    Notre Dame- LOI Official Visit 10/19/07
    Duke
    Georgia
    Louisville
    Michigan
    North Carolina
    NC State
    South Carolina
    Virginia Tech
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blanton2.jpg   Blanton1.jpg   RJBLANTON200_8-27.jpg  
    Last edited by irishunclebill; 02-12-2008 at 02:55 PM.

Look for Blanton to be the next Irish commitment.

Community Moderator stonebreakerwasgod's Avatar
    3:00 tomorrow.............Will probably be our first addition to the defensive back corps. Come on Robert!!
    Member: Irish Guards-GH Division

He's basically committed.

Community Moderator stonebreakerwasgod's Avatar
    HCTI thinks I should be too. :) Like a poster on another board stated...fall could be rather boring...wouldn't that be nice this time around.
    Member: Irish Guards-GH Division

awesome. cant wait

Official.

Welcome aboard Mr. Blanton...

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=162#S...=2017&T=719067

WOW, I'm assuming this EMAN...Blantons step dad on a Wolverine site telling a gooood story, I haven't finished it yet but here it is....

after reading the many comical post i couldn't help myself. i'll try to help a few on here that seem to have some sense. where do i start? michigan was NEVER his favorite school. of course he was excited about it because it was HIS FIRST OFFER! many people (especially your coaching staff) figured it was a wrap because he attented your camp for two years, his position coach whom he LOVES, has a friend on the staff. He's been in RJ's ear since he was a freshman about Michigan. Jamar Adams is an alum of his high school. So as you can see a lot of things in Michigan's favor.

First and foremost, for whatever reason he didn't get a good feel either time he camped there. I didn't even know this until we were on an unofficial at VT. I didn't ask him specifics because it didn't matter to me. Personally Michigan is one of my two favorite schools. My oldest son was born in Muskegon, but that's another story. No I'm not from there, born and raised in W Baltimore. Here is the deal plain and simple. Yes RJ had many offers, but only two schools recruited him, ND and VT. The wife and I favored VT and gave them an unfair advantage and they still blew it. (close to us) The bottom line is Corwin Brown got in his ear and it was a wrap plain and simple. I even emailed coach Gray and Sherman and told them if RJ had to commit today it would be ND. I told them I wasn't trying to tell them how to do their job, but if they wanted RJ they better step it up because CB was killing them. They asked what was he doing and I told them he's in his ear, or text every day. Coach Gray said he didn't like to hound recruits, I didn't say anything, I just left it alone. I said to myself if the dad told you he would commit to a guy that was in his ear everyday, then obviously he doesn't feel he's being hounded.

Other than Coach Sherman (cool guy, my wife loves him) and coach Gray I hadn't had any contact with a coach. When RJ told me coach Brown wanted to talk to me I was surprised. We talked for a little, and he mentioned something about texting me. I told him man I don't have time to be texting you, besides I don't even have it on my phone, I'd never texted before. He asked how was we going to establish a relationship? Well he started texting my wife and guess what she did? She got texting on MY PHONE!

Funny thing is, after a while, I found myself texting HIM to shoot the breeze. Keep in mind we NEVER talked about RJ, although i know many of you will find that hard to believe. The ONLY time we did was when he asked me what the holdup was with RJ committing? He told me up front that he was going to use RJ to bring in other kids, and I understood where he was coming from.

Now on to the fun stuff. Do you clowns (I'm talking ONLY of the ones who made stupid, uninformed comments about my son who obviously they know NOTHING about) So you think booboo scared him off? That's what I mean by UNINFORMED. They were at the SAME CAMP only ONE left with an offer and it sure as hell wasn't boo boo, so who do you think is the better prospect? He didn't get an offer until he got mvp at the combine in TX.

Another silly post I read was he didn't have the hips and whatever to be a D1 corner. I'm sure you're NOT an evaluator of talent because EVERY school is recruiting him as a DB including yours truely so again talk what you know. He plays in the toughest and best conference in the state. He ALWAYS matches up against the other teams BEST wideout and ALWAYS comes out on top. Ok, one time Hakeem Nicks destroyed his entire backfield one game. Let me give you an example of the type of player he is. After that game, (they were scheduled to play again the next week I believe, same conference, also you have to go through them to get to states) he went to his position coach and told the coach to let him play Nicks MAN TO MAN! Keep in mind I'm talking about a SOPHOMORE going up against a SENIOR. RESULTS? FOUR CATCHES, NO TOUCHDOWNS (he had three or four the previous game can't remember) NO BIG PLAYS. Same thing last year. Same team, different receiver last year. (Jason Barnes) Played him man to man and SHUT HIM DOWN. For those that may not know, Independence is the school with the nations longest winning streak. Well RJ DROPPED three sure picks. I told him if he hangs on to ONE, they probably win the game. They were up 21-0 and got the ball first in the second half. Again, played Indy a week or so later, and for some dumb reason, they play a zone and Barnes destroyed them. HE DROPPED two sure TD's.

For those of you who favor Spencer Adams, I have a little news for you. He's the THIRD best DB on the team. Eddie is the second best and it's not even close. People see his speed and automatically think he's a good football player. I'm not "hateing" on him because they're all my boys, I've been watching them for three years. Someone said the staff was higher on Spencer anyway? Yeah right. Spencer was at the camp also, did he get an offer before leaving? NO. Again, I hate to burst your bubble, but SPENCER IS NOT GOING TO UM. you can take that to the bank!

One final parting shot. As I said, RJ has been to your camp two years in a row. You were his first offer. We've never heard from any wolverine coaches. Well about a couple of weeks ago we get a call from coach English. Guess what he said? He wanted to introduce himself to us since he was recruiting our kid. HUH? WTF? It's a little late for that don't you think? You mean to tell me this guy has been to your camp two years straight (and it sure as hell isn't cheap), you've offered him, and you want to establish a relationship with his parents NOW? NEWSFLASH, Corwin Brown has been entrenched in that foxhole for a long time now, good luck getting him out. I know a lot of it is sour grapes that he not only didn't go to UM, but he went to a hated rival. But yall clowns need to stop dissing kids that choose a school other than yours, it's childish, but then again, I expect that from these forums.

Oh yeah, before I forget, RJ wasn't promised ANYTHING, especially playing time. Yes he knows their defense sucked, but THAT'S NOT WHY HE CHOOSE ND. Beside's Corwin, I think his teachers had a part in it. Whenever he mentioned ND, they all mentioned the education aspect (naturally being teachers) My son is an excellent player, but he's even a BETTER person. I assure you, you will NEVER hear about him in a negative way, so you guys can continue to hate on him if that makes you feel better.

I'll leave you with this, his mother asked did anyone promise him a starting position (the clowns on here are not the first to think that) he said "NO, you can't do that, what if you SUCK when you get there?"

I don't care who you are, that's funny.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast