Please Support Our Sponsors

'13 IL DE Demetrius Cooper (Verbal Offer/ Michigan State Verbal)

Register to remove this advertisement
    Defensive End
    Chicago, Illinois
    Julian

Links of Interest:
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/notredame/fo...-Cooper-139258

http://247sports.com/Player/Demetriu...14937?pi=33590

Height:6'5"
    Weight:220 lbs
    Class:2013 (High School)

Multimedia

Demetrius currently holds verbal offers from MSU, Purdue, Ball State, Northern Illinios, Western Michigan and Toledo. Receiving interest from ND, Iowa, Iowa State, Illinios, Minnesota, Nebraska and Wisconsin. He has previously camped at MSU and received his verbal offer right after. Plans to camp at ND (June 22nd) and Wisconsin (June 23rd).

Irish Illustrated ‏@NDatRivals
    #NotreDame has offered Chicago (Ill.) Julian defensive end Demetrius Cooper.

IRISH GUARD-GH Division

http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recr...all-recruiting (free)

Demetrius Cooper didn’t know what to expect when he was brought up to Brian Kelly’s office on Friday after the Future Stars Camp. The 6-foot-5, 220-pound defensive end prospect from Chicago was hoping for an offer, but the conversation with Kelly began with a topic he wasn’t expecting.

“After the camp they told me to come upstairs to Coach Kelly’s office,” Cooper said. “He started talking to me about academics and how they work with the NCAA and Notre Dame. Then he came out and told me he wanted to offer me a full-ride scholarship.”

After Kelly had made the offer, the Julian High School star couldn’t muster a whole lot of conversation through his surprise.

“I was shocked a little bit,” Cooper explained. “Especially when I realized this was Notre Dame that just offered me. But I just said thank you. That’s all I could say at the time - not many kids where I come from get offered from Notre Dame.”

The class of 2013 standout adds Notre Dame to offers he has from the likes of Michigan State and Purdue, but he isn’t going to rush to judgment based upon his initial excitement.

“I feel good about this offer,” Cooper stated. “It’s another offer added to my table and something else to weigh in on my decision, but overall I feel really, really good.”

He also feels good about Kelly and liked his no nonsense approach that surrounded the day’s activities.

“My first impression of Coach Kelly was good.” Cooper said. “He seemed like a really good guy and he was straight-up and told the truth with everything. He doesn’t beat around the bush with anything he tells you.”

Cooper’s impression of the one-day camp was positive as well, giving him plenty of chances to impress the coaches in a short period of time.

“I thought it was cool and a chance for me to show the coaches what I could do,” Cooper explained. “There weren’t too many players out there either, so there was a chance for everyone to showcase their talents. You didn’t have to sit around and wait in long lines for your turn to go. I also like the fact that the camp wasn’t too long.”

He has tentative plans to go camp at Wisconsin, but whether that happens or not, the next phase of summer offers a chance to rest.

“Maybe I’m going to go to a camp at Wisconsin, but I’m not sure yet,” Cooper stated. “But it’s been a busy summer so far and I think I’m going to relax for a while.”

Looking to make a September decision. Schools being considered the most right now are Sparty, Illinois, pOSU, ND, Purdue and Iowa State.

Illinios has verbally offered.

http://www.freep.com/article/2012082...xt|FRONTPAGE|s

Recruiting: Michigan State sitting strong with several top recruits

Chicago Julian defensive end Demetrius Cooper

The 6-foot-5, 220-pound Cooper has listed the Spartans as one of his favorites since being offered shortly after attending their 1-Day camp in June. In addition to MSU, Cooper also holds offers from Notre Dame, Purdue, Illinois and Iowa State. Cooper has been going back and forth about making his college choice and the most recent information bodes well for MSU. Cooper told Illinois recruiting analyst Tim O’Halloran of EdgyTim.com he's close to pledging to the Green and White.
    “Some days I feel like just committing and getting it done so I can just go out and play football and not worry about recruiting," Cooper said. "I'm (leaning) towards Michigan State now and I'm going to the opening game against Boise State.”

The Spartans are tight on scholarship and they may only have room for one defensive end for the class. For that reason, it is possible that Cooper could end his recruitment shortly after next weekend.

Community Moderator Jiggafini19's Avatar
    He is the latest Chicago Public League player to be caught up in a transfer issue. He had to sit out their game against Robeson yesterday, one day after he committed to MSU.

No final verdict on whether he can play week 2. Probably a good idea to verbally commit if there's a chance you may not play at all your senior year.

Community Moderator Jiggafini19's Avatar
    Declared eligible and will play Friday night.