Please Support Our Sponsors

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by ND_Irish View Post
    Anthony Johnson should be in the Zellers/Edwards category ... big contributor during the national title season and eventual 2nd round NFL draft pick.
    Johnson was good, too. The Holtz years produced so many of them it's crazy. Anthony Johnson, Rodney Culver, Jerome Bettis, Ray Zellars, Marc Edwards. Interesting sub question but do people consider James Aldridge and Robert Hughes fullbacks?

One fullback that hasn't been mentioned is Nick Pietrosante. He was the 6th pick taken in the 1959 NFL draft, won NFL RoTY and I remember reading a ND history book that said he ran the 100m in 10.2 seconds.

Community Moderator Jiggafini19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Svoboda View Post
    Interesting sub question but do people consider James Aldridge and Robert Hughes fullbacks?.
    No.

Very few fullbacks out there anymore, especially in college football. Part of me still loves watching a guy like Vonta Leach just knock fuckers out. Just not en vogue right now.

I still think you pass to score but have to run to win. Keep a diverse roster.

Johnson was good, too. The Holtz years produced so many of them it's crazy. Anthony Johnson, Rodney Culver, Jerome Bettis, Ray Zellars, Marc Edwards. Interesting sub question but do people consider James Aldridge and Robert Hughes fullbacks?

One fullback that hasn't been mentioned is Nick Pietrosante. He was the 6th pick taken in the 1959 NFL draft, won NFL RoTY and I remember reading a ND history book that said he ran the 100m in 10.2 seconds.

Very Impressive!
    Cheers! Crasher
    go in there and fight, fight, fight, fight, fight!

:goirish: IRISH GUARD GH-Division!

Holtz ran what I consider the perfect offense - everyone was a weapon and explosive. Love the FB position.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123