Not a Supporting Member?

Become a Gold Club Supporting Member to remove this box and all other advertisments! Only $15 per year. Click HERE for more info!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

'14 IL ATH Tommy Mister (Offer/Indiana Commit)

Register to remove this advertisement
    Athlete
    Oak Lawn (IL) Richards

Ht:6'2"
    Wt:190 lbs

http://rivals.yahoo.com/notredame/fo...-Mister-141229

http://247sports.com/Player/Tommy-Mister-20404?pi=32665

Notre Dame first to offer. Also receiving interest from Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Oregon and Purdue.

Junior year.........
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWfZz...layer_embedded
    Last edited by zimmsbg78; 02-07-2013 at 11:29 AM.

Tommy plans to unofficially visit ND on June 22nd. Not sure if he will participate in the camp or just unofficially visit.

Senior Member Purebred Irishman's Avatar
    http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recr...by-irish-offer

It may be too early for Notre Dame to know where it wants Tommy Mister to play, but it’s not too early for the Irish to know that they want him to play for them.

Notre Dame offensive coordinator Chuck Martin stopped by Richards High School in Oak Lawn, Ill., on Wednesday to check out the 6-foot, 180-pound Mister, who plays quarterback.

“We had a little 7-on-7 work and he stopped by for the last 45 minutes of practice yesterday,” Richards head coach Tony Sheehan said of Martin.

“I was talking to him and he told me that they were going to offer him as an athlete right now, a skill guy. He could work his way into being a QB, but right now, the offer is as an athlete.”

Sheehan believes Mister could play a number of positions in college, including quarterback.

“I think he could play a wideout if needed or even possibly being a safety if that’s the path they take,” the coach said. “He’s very excited about the offer coming from Notre Dame given the rich history, tradition and academics. He’s the quarterback. He’s a little bit raw, but he’s working hard. He’d like to play quarterback, but he also would like to play for a good program as well.

“He was very happy and very proud. He’s put a lot of hard work in. Going into his junior year, it’s obviously a big-time program for his first offer. He was ecstatic.”

The one thing that was evident to Martin was that Mister makes plays.

“There are a lot of times when there’s nothing there and Tommy gets something out of it,” said Sheehan. “His athleticism is off the chart. He’s a gamer and a hard-working kid and a good-looking kid. He busts his butt in the weight room off the field as well. He really just liked the way he made plays out of nothing.”

Mister is planning to get to South Bend in June for a Notre Dame camp.

“I think he’s coming up on the 22nd,” his coach said.

The offer was Mister’s first, but more will surely follow.

“Illinois is pretty high on him,” said Sheehan. “Most of the Big Ten came through during the evaluation period. Michigan came through, Michigan State, Iowa, I would assume Northwestern.”

While the offer was an honor, it also served as motivation.

“He’s only going to work harder,” Sheehan said. “He knows there are a lot of people watching him now and he’s kind of got a bulls-eye on him. I think this only going to push him to work harder.”

That’s in line with Mister’s character, according to his coach.

“He’s a good kid,” Sheehan said. “He works hard in the classroom. He’s a natural leader. He’s always taking guys to go out and throw. He’s always working on things. He’s a leader in the weight room and off the field.

“Guys just kind of gravitate to him.”
    All winning teams are goal-oriented. Teams like these win consistently because everyone connected with them concentrates on specific objectives. They go about their business with blinders on; nothing will distract themfrom achieving their aims.

- Lou Holtz, former Notre Dame football coach

Illinios has verbally offered.

Tommy unofficially visited Illinios over the weekend.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/re...mister-move-qb (free)

CHAMPAIGN, Ill. -- There was Tommy Mister right in the middle of the top group of quarterbacks at Sunday's Illinois Nike Football Training Camp. Northwestern commitment and ESPN 150 quarterback Matt Alviti was just ahead of him. Purdue commit Danny Etling just behind.

The Class of 2014 signal-caller was not among that group because he led Oak Lawn (Ill.) Richards to a big playoff victory.

No, the play that had Mister nestled among the 2013 elite and among the hot names in the 2014 class happened almost two years ago. It came during a standard drill during his first summer camp as a freshman.

Running through the exercise as a running back, Mister did the one thing a back can never do -- fumble the football. Mister ran, picked it up and tossed it back to his coach. Actually, he rifled it back, forcing his coach to double take.

"I threw it 15 yards down the field to a coach," Mister said. "He switched me to the quarterback line, and ever since then I stuck with it."

However, Mister was not exactly receptive to changing positions. Then he had a high school epiphany.

"I wanted to stick at running back for the first couple weeks of camp," he said, "but then I was like 'What's better than playing quarterback?' "

The freshman team that summer had already run through all of its options at quarterback and didn't have a viable solution at the position. The pass brought some hope that the athletic, 6-foot-1, 180-pound right-hander could take over the reins as the starting quarterback.

Mister excelled from day one.

"He had a good arm and is fast, and we had some good running backs as a freshman, so the best way to get him the ball was to put it in his hands every play," Richards coach Tony Sheehan said in a telephone interview. "He's a smart kid and picked it up quickly, and after a couple of days, they knew they had their guy.

"Us varsity guys don't get to see freshman play all the time, but they played a lot of Thursday games, so when we finished our Thursday pre-game stuff we'd stick around and you could tell off the bat he was a special kid. The ceiling is very high for him."

The learning curve was tough at times, both Mister and Sheehan admit, but Sheehan said Mister is always the first one in and the last one out of the locker room. He is always the one to set up throwing sessions with receivers, and he had the complete respect of the seniors even as a sophomore and first-year varsity player.

Two of Richards' first three games this past season were against stout programs Morris and Lemont. Sheehan said he "threw him to wolves," but Mister came out relatively unscathed and was a completely different quarterback by the end of the season, when he led his team to a playoff win.

It did not take long for those outside of the Richards program to see those same qualities and realize the potential Mister has at the position. After just one season at varsity as a sophomore, Mister already has the attention of college programs. Offer No. 1 came through last week when Notre Dame extended him a scholarship. Illinois followed suit a day later, and Northwestern and Northern Illinois are both interested, too.

"(Colleges) love his size, they love his work ethic -- he's a quarterback and not afraid of the weight room. He's one of our strongest guys," Sheehan said. "His athleticism is off the charts. He just makes plays."

Not that Mister is already leaning the Fighting Irish's way, but he does like to model himself in the shape of a current Notre Dame quarterback. Mister began watching tape in eighth grade of Irish freshman signal-caller Everett Golson.

"The only thing I know about (Notre Dame) is Everett Golson," Mister said. "I study his performance. That's who I try to play like. He can run with the best of them, but he's a pass-first quarterback."

That's what Mister is trying to become. Not bad for a former running back with a fumbling problem.

http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recr...vated-by-offer (free)

As contact increased from various Midwestern schools, Tommy Mister had to sense his recruitment heating up, but the 2014 athlete from Oak Lawn, Ill., never imagined his first offer would come from Notre Dame.

“It caught me off guard completely,” said Mister, who plays quarterback for Richards High School. “It was the first time I’d heard from them. I was hearing from Illinois for a while and a lot of other schools. Notre Dame just came out of nowhere.”

The Irish extended the offer last week after Notre Dame offensive coordinator Chuck Martin watched Mister in 7-on-7 action. Illinois followed up just days later with an offer as well.

“I’m excited,” Mister said of his first two offers.

He’s also receiving interest from most of the Big Ten, including Michigan, Michigan State, Iowa and Northwestern.

Mister’s followed Notre Dame a bit and one player in particular.

“I know there’s a lot of tradition,” he said. “I know everybody has seen Rudy. I know that the quarterback Everett Golson is somebody that could start this year. I like to base my style off of him. I like a lot of what he does.”

Mister discovered Golson during his own preparation to start at quarterback as a sophomore.

“I was younger, so I searched the internet for kids who started on varsity at quarterback as a sophomore to see what I had to do to be good,” he said. “I was going through a bunch of videos on Youtube and I saw his highlight tapes. I was like, ‘Dang, this dude is a beast.’”

He is hoping Golson earns the starting job, adding, “He can throw that rock.”

As for Mister, he could end up playing a number of positions, including wide receiver and safety in college. The offer from the Irish is as an athlete right now, although that could change.

“I’ve played various positions throughout my entire life,” he said. “I’m ok with whatever. I just want to help the team out.”

But Mister also admits that he wants to play quarterback in college.

“I was excited they offered me, but I was like, ‘I’m going to prove to you guys that I can play quarterback just as well as everything else I can do on the field,’” he said.

Mister will have the opportunity to do just that when he heads to Irish’s camp on June 22nd. In addition to working out, Mister is also looking forward to using the trip to learn more about Notre Dame.

“I just want to meet the coaching staff, see the campus and facilities and just ask a bunch of questions to get to know everyone,” he said.

Mister, who competed at the NFTC in Champaign, Ill., this past weekend, will visit Illinois this coming weekend.

He's already identified a few factors that will play roles in his decision.

“The system, is it an ok fit, do I see myself playing there and helping the team out a lot,” he said. “My family, am I still going to be able to have contact with my family. Academics, if football doesn’t carry me to where I want to go, am I still going to have an education to fall back on. I don’t want to do nothing.

“I don’t want to have to rely on football completely.”

http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recr...all-recruiting (free)

Class of 2014 athlete/quarterback Tommy Mister will make his way to South Bend on Friday for the Notre Dame Future Stars camp. Mister, who hails from H.L. Richards High School just outside of Chicago, has offers from the Irish as well as Illinois and Indiana.

Mister is being recruited by Irish offensive coordinator Chuck Martin, and the two have developed a good relationship in the short period of time they’ve known each other. Martin has made sure the 6-foot, 185-pound junior knows the advantages of obtaining a Notre Dame diploma.

“I talked to Coach Martin on the phone several times and he seems like a real cool guy,” Mister stated. “He explained to me about the graduation rate at Notre Dame and what African-Americans make when they graduate from Notre Dame compared to other schools in the country. He got me liking Notre Dame in the first place.”

Martin and the Irish are recruiting Mister as an athlete (his most recent 40 time was 4.49), although it remains to be seen if his current Notre Dame offer will shift to quarterback down the road. Mister hopes to play quarterback in college and will likely choose a quarterback offer over an athlete offer.

“Coach Martin told me that if I improved at quarterback they would change the offer to a quarterback offer,” Mister said. “But right now they’re offering me as an athlete.”

Mister is a true dual-threat, passing for over 700 yards and rushing for over 500 yards in his sophomore season to go along with over 20 combined touchdowns. He has already shown off his talents this summer at an Illinois camp and a Nike Elite camp. Unless he makes a last-minute decision to go to Indiana for a camp, it looks like Friday will be his last camp or visit of the summer.

As for Friday, Mister will get a tour of the Notre Dame campus before his camp begins, and he’s hoping to get some questions answered.

“I want to get to know the coaches, check out the facilities, and see if I feel at home,” Mister explained. “I also want to make sure they keep me on track with my grades and I can get a tutor if I needed it.”

Currently he rates his interest in Notre Dame is average, but he expects that to change after Friday.

“Right now Notre Dame is a six out of 10 in terms of how interested I am,” Mister said. “But after I’ve been there it most likely is going to go up – I’ve just never been there or know enough about the place.”

What does it take get a 10 from him? To start, it would help being a coach who's offering him from Colorado or Auburn, his dream schools. But don’t fret Irish fans, when it’s all said and done, he wants to stay close to home.

“I want to make sure I’m not too far away from my parents and I can see them whenever I want,” Mister stated. “I’m kind of a momma’s boy.”

Wherever he ends up going, one thing’s for sure, he wants a chance to compete as a freshman and show his teammates he’s there to be a part of the team.

“I want to earn equal play,” Mister explained. “I don’t want to wait. I want to get in there and help my team right away.”
    Last edited by zimmsbg78; 06-22-2012 at 02:15 PM.

In addition to the ND/Miami game on October 6th, Tommy plans to unofficially visit ND this weekend (September 22nd) for the ND/scUM game.

Senior Member Purebred Irishman's Avatar
    http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recr...razy-for-irish

If Tommy Mister calls you “crazy” don’t take it as an insult. The 2014 Notre Dame recruit uses his favorite word to describe things that are awesome, cool, astounding, and in this case, his trip to South Bend last weekend to see the Irish battle Michigan.

“I’d have to say the intensity of the fans” Mister said when asked what impressed him the most. “They were going crazy. I also liked meeting Jerome Bettis and Ryan Grant on the sidelines – that was crazy. I was not expecting to meet Jerome Bettis – “The Bus” – that was just crazy.”

The 6-foot, 200-pounder had his expectations exceeded almost every moment of the night, making him wonder if what he was watching was real or pure Hollywood.

“I expected it to be jacked to the nines with people everywhere and loud,” Mister stated. “But I was not expecting it to be like something you’d see in a movie. I was expecting something huge, but not that huge.”

As for the crowd, the Richards High School star was in awe over the number of fans from across the nation who were in attendance to watch the game.

“People from all over were there,” Mister said. “I talked to this one dude from Florida who used to go to Reavis High School (Burbank, Ill.) - they had a huge rivalry with my high school. Everybody from anywhere was at the game – it was crazy. I was also surprised how many ND fans knew who I was.”

One group of fans the Oak Lawn, Ill. native didn’t get to meet was his fellow Irish recruits, who just happened to be located in another section of the stadium.

“Actually I didn’t get to meet any other recruits,” Mister explained. “I got there only an hour before kickoff and stood on the sidelines with my coach and teammate. I talked a little bit to Coach Martin too. Plus my seats weren’t by them for some reason – so I didn’t get the chance to talk to any of them.”

Crazy or not, the game itself impressed the athlete/quarterback recruit, but he was looking for a better effort out of the Wolverines.

“Notre Dame’s defense played crazy,” Mister stated. “I really wanted to see Everett Golson do a good job, but they pulled him and still got the win. I was expecting Michigan to come out and play better than what they showed. I thought it was going to be a last possession type game, but Notre Dame won and I’m happy and proud they got the win.”

The Irish have been Mister’s leader for quite some time and it’s obvious they’re going to be difficult to knock from the top spot.

“Notre Dame is still in the lead,” he said. “I’m pretty sure I’m going there 100 percent, but I still want to weigh my options. But don’t be surprised if I commit there. I’m about an 8.5 or nine out of 10 in terms of committing.”

He was almost ready to sign on the dotted line right there and then on Saturday night, but cooler heads prevailed.

“I was pretty close,” Mister explained about whether he was going to commit. “My parents want me to wait and weigh my options and not rush into it right away. Even though all my mom talks about is Notre Dame.”
    Last edited by zimmsbg78; 09-26-2012 at 08:42 AM.
    All winning teams are goal-oriented. Teams like these win consistently because everyone connected with them concentrates on specific objectives. They go about their business with blinders on; nothing will distract themfrom achieving their aims.

- Lou Holtz, former Notre Dame football coach

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast