Please Support Our Sponsors

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonirish View Post
    Is the Rise magazine about high school football ? Never heard of them before. Also do any of you guys ever read the sporting news high school rankings when they come out?
    Rise Magazine is about all High School sports. SI uses Rise Magazine's rankings as the basis for their CFB recruiting info.

Anything related to the Sporting News I usually use as TP material, not that they are much worse than SI, but SI at least has one or two guys who actually consider journalism to be a serious endeavor.

RichardRiot
    Quote Originally Posted by irishunclebill View Post
    but SI at least has one or two guys who actually consider journalism to be a serious endeavor.
    haha IUB,

I actually like Mike Farber, but he covers hockey. Otherwise, except for the Swimsuit edition not a big fan of SI; it is about as useful for me as a Rosie O'Donnell diet book

Quote Originally Posted by RichardRiot View Post
    haha IUB,

I actually like Mike Farber, but he covers hockey. Otherwise, except for the Swimsuit edition not a big fan of SI; it is about as useful for me as a Rosie O'Donnell diet book
    I don't disagree with that. I would never go out of my way to pay for or search out info from either SI or the Sporting News. I just think the Sporting News is slightly worse. In reality, the swimsuit issue is probably the only reason why I give SI a slight edge, but I would not even pay for that. Why bother, all of the pictures are all over the Internet before they even get to print.

Scout's Midwest Top 100

http://recruiting.scout.com/3/2008_fb_midwest_100.html

#2 Rudolph
    #4 Filer
    #14 Fleming
    #16 McCarthy
    #17 Goodman
    #23 Cwynar
    #27 Newman
    #32 Cave

Floyd is #5. ND has most on the list with 8. OSU & scUm have 7 each, however OSU has 5 in the Top 10. Despite this if Scout were to do team rankings for this group only, the extra recruit would give ND the #1 spot, OSU would be second, and scUM third. Pretty impressive results for ND in the Midwest against OSU & scUM especially if the Irish land Floyd as well. Floyd & #20 Cordale Scott are the only Top 20 uncommitted on this list.

First Post Updated to add link to Rise Magazine Top 100.

7 ND recruits on the list.

Rudolph #22
    Filer #30
    EJ #36
    Crist #38
    McDonald #62
    Fleming #68
    Clelland #99

7 in the Top 100 is the second most of the 5 boards, only CSTV has more with 9 ND recruits in the Top 100.

Pryor is #1 on this list which makes him #1 on 3 of the 5 lists. He is #2 on Scout, and #3 on ESPN.

Other names on the list of interest to ND.

Floyd #27
    Walker #29
    Baldwin #55
    Trev Robinson #83
    Ryan Williams #96

I updated the links in the first post for quick access to the 2009 recruiting board rankings. This thread will be a sticky in the Football Recruiting forum for easy access.

Also note that the Rise 100 is no longer in existence. ESPN absorbed Rise Magazine. I have replaced the Rise 100 with a new database called the Takkle 200 which is Sports Illustrated's attempt to join the recruiting frenzy. Lemming's CSTV Top 100 for 2009 has also yet to be published. I'm not really sure what Lemming's status is with CSTV anymore as usually his list is included on their website by August. If it eventually gets published I will add a link to that one as well.

IUB, I believe this is what you are looking for - http://www.usatoday.com/sports/recru...op100-2009.htm

Quote Originally Posted by a1ND View Post
    IUB, I believe this is what you are looking for - http://www.usatoday.com/sports/recru...op100-2009.htm
    Thanks, not really sure why this is not on the CSTV website. They have his initial Top 100 from February, but no updates since. Anyway thanks again, I'll add the link to the first post.

Final Rivals 100 for 2009 is up.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1936

Zeke Motta ended up as ND's highest rated recruit pending any further committments. Motta is at #54. Cierre Wood, who was #3 at one point dropped to #76 and lost his 5 star status. The only other ND recruit in the R100 is Chris Watt who finished at #77, also a drop from the Top 50 at one point. They now have ND's class ranked #18, but that is not finalized as they have only re-ranked the Top 100 players at this time. The Final Ranking is also subject to change if ND picks up some more recruits.

Link to current Team Rankings:

http://rivals100.rivals.com/teamrank.asp?SID=880

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12