Please Support Our Sponsors

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2009 Recruiting Board Rankings

Register to remove this advertisement
    Just for Quick Reference for everyone, I am going to sticky these recruiting rankings:

1) Rivals 250: Rivals 250

2) Scout 300: Scout 300

3) ESPN 150: ESPN150

4) Takkle 200: Takkle 200

5) Lemming 100: Lemming's Top 100
    Last edited by irishunclebill; 10-10-2008 at 12:09 PM.

I just noticed that Kyle Rudolph is #102 on ESPN 150 and is their #7 TE. Interesting.

2 words: Espn sucks at recruiting info

ok that was 5
    We Are The Fighting Irish

Quote Originally Posted by notredomer23 View Post
    2 words: Espn sucks at recruiting info

ok that was 5
    ------Yeah I don't even look at their rankings. Only when they released them the for the first time I did. When they dropped Jimmy to #9 last year and made the top 3, 3 USC guys I stopped paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishKnight1023 View Post
    ------Yeah I don't even look at their rankings. Only when they released them the for the first time I did. When they dropped Jimmy to #9 last year and made the top 3, 3 USC guys I stopped paying attention.
    OK, my two Jersey boys, time for another lesson from your IUB.;)

How many times have I said not to look at any of these recruiting rankings in a vacuum. Yes, ESPN may be the hardest to figure at times, but they all have their own quirks. Overall, ESPN actually tends to rate the ND recruiting class higher than the other 4 boards. They did last year, and so far this year thay have the ND class as a whole rated higher than either Scout or Rivals, both of whom currently rank the ND class #1. Once the Rise rankings are published we will have a consensus ranking system in place for you that will balance out the quirks and biases in each of the 5 boards as well as toss in a little bit of our own evaluation. Look for that before the end of the month, and then you will not need to check out any of the links above.:D

FYI- despite ESPN's #102 ranking for Kyle, he will still be easily the consensus #1 Tight End in the GH rankings.

IUB I never said the ESPN rankings were never good to ND, but dropping Jimmy to #9 and having Golden as like I think the 12th best prospect in the country was a little hard for me to grasp.

Several ND commits do better on ESPN than on one or both of Rivals and Scout. I was just surprised by the ranking for Kyle, since the other sites rave about him and put him at #1 at his position. Coincidentally, Jonathan Baldwin is ESPN's #1 TE.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_navy View Post
    Several ND commits do better on ESPN than on one or both of Rivals and Scout. I was just surprised by the ranking for Kyle, since the other sites rave about him and put him at #1 at his position. Coincidentally, Jonathan Baldwin is ESPN's #1 TE.
    When we do our rankings, players will be assigned to their likely positions in college, Baldwin as a WR, Blanton as a CB, etc.

Tom Lemming on (apparently uncommitted) Kyle Rudolph:

Exceptionally athletic for position, reminds of Notre Dame's John Carrolson

WOWEE!! We already have a Rudolphish player on the roster? I can't wait to see this Carrolson guy in action (this year maybe?).

Is the Rise magazine about high school football ? Never heard of them before. Also do any of you guys ever read the sporting news high school rankings when they come out?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast