Not a Supporting Member?

Become a Gold Club Supporting Member to remove this box and all other advertisments! Only $15 per year. Click HERE for more info!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Register to remove this advertisement
    Jake Brown ‏@Jake_Brown
    2015 QB w/ #NotreDame offer. RT @7Figure_Jayru: VISTING NOTRE DAME NEXT SATURDAY ! :)
    7:52 PM - 19 Dec 12

...............||| Go IRISH Notre Dame Notes Spreadsheet |||...............

MSU verbally offered. Receiving heavy interest from Illinios and pOSU.

http://247sports.com/Article/Jashon-...howcase-123042 (free)

ALLENDALE, Mich. – The group from Minnesota’s Unsigned Preps showed out during Sunday’s Adidas Showcase, held inside the Kelly Family Sports Center on Grand Valley State’s campus.

Cass Tech Crisp

Two-time defending state champion Detroit (Mich.) Cass Tech had a number of its players performing on Sunday, led by 2015 quarterback Jayru Campbell, who was on the money throughout the day.

The 6-foot-3, 190-pound Campbell threw the football with a ton of velocity, and was hitting receivers in stride on a number of different routes. Campbell was particularly impressive during the 1-on-1s, throwing ropes and racking up completions. Alabama, Michigan State and Notre Dame have already offered the two-year starter.

2015 QB Keeps Up With Irish
    Tuesday, 09 April 2013 07:47 Christian McCollum

With offers from last year’s BCS National Championship participants and a couple other schools, Jayru Campbell isn’t in dire need to get his name out there, but the 2015 Michigan quarterback still wanted to participate in March’s adidas Invitational at Grand Valley State.

“I really just try to compete, see where I’m at as far as other quarterbacks, to meet new people, learn new things from different coaches and really just have fun,” said the 6-foot-3, 180-pounder from Detroit power Cass Tech.

And Campbell found out he ranked pretty well, standing out among the event’s signal-callers.

“I think I did pretty good as far as competing,” he said. “There were a lot of good quarterbacks there, Jalen Brady, Gio (Rescigno) from De La Salle, Alex Mussat. There were a lot of good quarterbacks there and I had a fun time competing with them.”

He also picked up some pointers.

“I learned stuff about my release point and learned a little about my footwork with drops and stuff,” he said. “I would say I learned some things.”

Campbell has early offers from Notre Dame, Alabama, Michigan State and Eastern Michigan and has kept in contact with multiple college coaches.

“I’ve been talking to them here and there,” he said. “Coach (Chuck) Martin at Notre Dame, Coach Bobby Williams at Alabama and Coach (Mark) Dantonio from Michigan State.”

Martin has been on Campbell for almost a year now.

“He’s just been saying the same things, just keep my grades up, keep working hard and keep my head straight,” Campbell said of the Irish’s offensive coordinator.

Campbell has been high on the Irish since visiting last summer and plans on getting back, but while a group from Michigan is expected in South Bend this weekend, Campbell doesn’t have any plans to join them. He did say he wants to visit, “Hopefully soon.”

A group of his teammates made the trip to South Bend for the Irish’s game against Michigan in September, but Campbell didn’t quite feel up to it after a tough loss earlier in the day. His teammates have since teased him about what he missed.

“I wanted to go to that one,” laughed Campbell.

He hasn’t completely set his visit schedule yet, but plans on getting to camp at LSU this summer. He may get back to Notre Dame this spring, but will definitely like to return again in the fall.

“I want to go to a game to see how the stadium feels because when I went, it was for a camp,” he said. “I want to see how the fans are and the atmosphere.”

There is mutual interest between Notre Dame and 2015 Cass Tech running back Mikey Weber. Campbell and Weber haven’t ruled out attending college together.

“Me and Mikey talk about that here and there,” said Campbell. “We want to go to the same college, but only time will tell.”
    http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recr...-up-with-irish
    Last edited by zimmsbg78; 04-16-2013 at 09:48 AM.

http://notredame.247sports.com/Artic...hootout-126493 (free)

Maximum Exposure Swings Through Notre Dame and Northwestern

A huge group from the Lifting As We Climb Sound Mind Sound Body Maximum Exposure program out of of Detroit, made stops at Notre Dame and Northwestern on Saturday before Sunday’s IMG Qualifier.

One of Notre Dame’s targets in the 2015 class in Detroit (Mich.) Cass Tech quarterback Jayru Campbell was part of the traveling party. He already holds offers from the Irish, Alabama, Michigan State and Eastern Michigan after helping lead his team to two-straight state championships.

“We saw a practice and they gave us a tour,” Campbell said. “The practice was very organized and everything was smooth.”

The 6-foot-3, 190-pound Campbell got a chance to talk with his recruiter Chuck Martin and remains high on the Irish.

“I’ve always liked Notre Dame,” Campbell said. “When they offered me I was really happy. I’m trying to visit them as much as I can and hopefully I can make it to a game in the fall.”

Gold Club Member Purebred Irishman's Avatar
    Wisconsin have verbally offered.
    All winning teams are goal-oriented. Teams like these win consistently because everyone connected with them concentrates on specific objectives. They go about their business with blinders on; nothing will distract themfrom achieving their aims.

- Lou Holtz, former Notre Dame football coach

Gold Club Member Purebred Irishman's Avatar
    ISDUpdate: Jimmy Byrne (@Jimbo_Slice76) on Alex Bars' commitment to #NotreDame: "It's an awesome pick up for this class and the program as a whole!"
    All winning teams are goal-oriented. Teams like these win consistently because everyone connected with them concentrates on specific objectives. They go about their business with blinders on; nothing will distract themfrom achieving their aims.

- Lou Holtz, former Notre Dame football coach

http://247sports.com/Article/Adidas-...e-Recap-135049 (free)

Around The Facility

Speaking of Detroit Cass Tech, the Technicians are headed back down to Tuscaloosa on Friday for the Crimson Tide’s camp. Alabama offered Campbell at last year’s event. Top247 2015 teammates in Michael Weber and Joshua Alabi will also be making the trip. Campbell said that his two best relationships early in the process are with Alabama’s Bobby Williams and Notre Dame’s Chuck Martin. Weber said he talks with Fred Jackson at Michigan and Kerry Coombs at Ohio State a lot. He plans to visit both this summer. Alabi said his communication with the staffs at Michigan and Ohio State are equal, and he too plans to hit both this summer. Alabi added an offer from Illinois at the camp.

Still strikes me as a long shot
    :clover:"May the saddest day of your future be no worse than the happiest day of your past." ~Irish blessing:clover:

Josh Helmholdt ‏@JoshHelmholdt
    2015 Detroit Cass Tech QB RT @JayruCampbell: I commited to Michigan st! #GoGreen #GoWhite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM SO HAPPY!!!!!!
    4:05 PM - 7 Aug 13

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast