Not a Supporting Member?

Become a Gold Club Supporting Member to remove this box and all other advertisments! Only $15 per year. Click HERE for more info!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

'14 NC QB Will Grier (Florida Commit)

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quarterback
    Davidson, North Carolina
    Davidson Day

Height:6'3"
    Weight:171 lbs
    40:4.82 secs
    Bench Reps:1
    Shuttle:4.31

Links of Interest:
    Will Grier - Yahoo! Sports

http://247sports.com/Player/Will-Grier-15901

Multimedia

Will currently holds a verbal offer from East Carolina. Receiving interest from ND, Auburn, Bama, Duke, Clemson, Florida, NC State, UNC, Tennessee, USCe, UVA and Wake Forest. Will has previously unofficially vfisited UNC, NC State (twice), Duke, East Carolina and Wake Forest.

http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recr...all-recruiting

ANOTHER 2014 QB ON RADAR: In addition to Litton, North Carolina quarterback Will Grier (pictured) is another 2014 prospect the Irish are interested in. Like Litton, Grier has an offer already and is receiving interest from several other schools.

“I’m getting interest from Duke, Carolina, Wake, NC State,” the 6-foot-3, 171-pounder from Davidson Day (Davidson, N.C.) said. “East Carolina actually offered me. Virginia is very interested in me, Tennessee, South Carolina, Clemson, Florida, Auburn, Alabama and LSU. Those are just to name a few.”

Grier, who plays for his father, led Davidson Day to a state title last season, completing 250 of his 398 passes (63 percent) for 3,785 yards and 49 touchdowns. He also rushed 97 times for 925 yards and 11 scores.

Like Litton, Grier also has a 2013 teammate who is receiving interest from Notre Dame, although wide receiver Evan Gates isn’t as well-known as Hargreaves.

And like Litton, Grier is interested in the Irish.

“If you want tradition, that’s the best way to go,” he said. “I’ve never been up there or anything. I’d definitely love to go check it out and talk to the coaches. It’s definitely a place I’m interested in.”
    Last edited by HoffVir; 08-16-2013 at 09:45 AM.

My son played on his Dad's (Chad Grier) Pop Warner team for the last two seasons. Quality coach, quality kid, great family, and VERY talented. They have a fantastic reputation in the community as well. The school he goes to is a up and coming prep school where the football program is exploding onto the scene in a dominant fashion. The Irish would be lucky to get this kid on campus and to have him consider playing for us (IMO).
    Irish Guard - GH Division

Bench Reps:1

Might need some time in the gym. :barbell:

http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recr...luates-2014-qb (free)

Notre Dame can’t have much direct contact with Will Grier at this point, but the Irish have made their interest in the 2014 North Carolina quarterback known.

“They can’t really talk to me until Sept. 1st,” the 6-foot-3, 171-pounder from Davidson Day (Davidson, N.C.) said. “They may have talked to Evan (Gates), but I know for sure they talked to my coach and I guess they like me.”

Gates is a 2013 wide receiver who the Irish have also shown interest in while Grier’s coach, Chad Grier, is also his father.

“It has its ups and downs,” Grier said of having his father as his head coach. “We separate that on the field and off the field pretty well.”

Notre Dame is one of several schools to express interest in Grier, one has already offered a scholarship.

“I’m getting interest from Duke, Carolina, Wake, NC State,” said Grier. “East Carolina actually offered me. Virginia is very interested in me, Tennessee, South Carolina, Clemson, Florida, Auburn, Alabama and LSU. Those are just to name a few.”

Notre Dame, East Carolina, Clemson, North Carolina, North Carolina State and Minnesota all made stops by Davidson Day during the evaluation perod.

Grier led Davidson Day to a state title last season, completing 250 of his 398 passes (63 percent) for 3,785 yards and 49 touchdowns. He also rushed 97 times for 925 yards and 11 scores. In addition to his dual-threat ability, Grier believes coaches are impressed with his ability to run an offense.

“We run a lot of the same stuff colleges run,” he said. “Obviously it’s not as advanced as what colleges do, but it’s the same type of stuff and we do it well.

“I think colleges see that I have a pretty big arm and throw a nice ball and have good footwork and stuff, but I think as far as watching my film, they can see I’ve been in a pro-style offense. I can handle that and do well in that.”

The Irish have Grier’s attention already.

“I’m very interested in Notre Dame,” he said. “If you want tradition, that’s the best way to go. I’ve never been up there or anything. I’d definitely love to go check it out and talk to the coaches. It’s definitely a place I’m interested in.”

The sophomore signal-caller is excited about seeing the recruiting process start to kick into gear.

“Some people feel like it’s a lot of pressure,” he said. “I don’t feel any pressure. I’m more excited than anything. I’m just ready to get out there and see what the best fit for me is.”

He has an idea of how he’ll identify the best fit.

“I want a good relationship with the coaches, all of the players and people at the college,” he said. “I want academics that will satisfy what I want to do with my career. On the football side of it, I want to play. I don’t want to sit on the sideline all four years. I want to compete. I guess what I’m saying is I want them to want me. I’ve got to live there for four years, it’s not all about football, so I want to be able to like the campus, like the college life, like where I’m going to live.

“All of that is going to play into it.”

This is the young man that went to the same school as my children before we relocated. He is a truly special kid and very strong academically. Has a tremendous support structure around him, every school who meets with him wants him, and his Dad is the coach for his H.S. team. I believe he just set a national record with over 850 yards and 10 touchdowns in last Friday's playoff game. Surreal......

Will plans to make his college decision on Wednesday. Florida or UNC......He has been to Florida unofficially multiple times. Moreso UNC just verbally offered '14 KY QB Drew Barker.

I predict this young man is going to be a GREAT college QB and we will hear a lot about him in a few years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast