Not a Supporting Member?

Become a Gold Club Supporting Member to remove this box and all other advertisments! Only $15 per year. Click HERE for more info!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

'14 NJ CB Jabrill Peppers (Offer/Michigan Commit)

Register to remove this advertisement
    Cornerback
    Paramus, New Jersey
    Paramus Catholic

Links of Interest:
    Jabrill Peppers - Yahoo! Sports

Jabrill Peppers

Height:6'0"
    Weight:190 lbs
    Class:2014 (High School)

Multimedia

Jabrill has recently added a verbal offer from ND. In addition to ND, Jabrill currently holds verbal offers from Boston College, Florida, LSU, Miami, scUM, OU, Rutgers, USCe, Stanford and U$C. Receiving interest from Arkansas, UGA, Nebraska, pOSU and Syracuse. Jabrill was teammates with the Don Bosco trio from last years team (Darius Hamilton - Rutgers LOI, Yuri Wright - Colorado LOI and Elijah Shumate - ND LOI) but has since transferred to Paramus Catholic. Jabrill has been projected to be a sure fire 5* for the '14 recruiting cycle and some say number one recruit overall.
    Last edited by zimmsbg78; 05-02-2012 at 07:43 AM.

Jabrill released a current top six schools of ND, scUM, U$C, pOSU, Miami and Stanford.

pOSU has verbally offered.

Bama has verbally offered.

Elite Talent, Well-Rounded Person (free)

There’s not much time for sleep in Jabrill Peppers’ world.

The way the class-of-2014 five-star and nation’s No. 3 prospect overall according to 247Sports is wired, he doesn’t need it.

Out of Paramus (N.J.) Catholic, the 6-foot-1, 200-pound Peppers has a big a following for his athletic prowess as a lock-down cover corner and game-changing running back and return man. Also a track and field All-American, in local circles Peppers’ notoriety is just as big for his talents as a musician.

Inside his own home, Peppers is best recognized by his mother for for his 3.8 GPA. The aspiring doctor says his head hits the pillow at around 1 a.m. every night.

“As soon as I get out of school, I go to practice,” Peppers began. “From there I go to the studio or what I call the lab, where I break down projects, mixing beats, writing raps. While I’m doing that, I also do my homework.

“School is always the most important thing in my life. I make sure I don’t go to sleep without doing the things I need to do for school. When it all comes down to it, if you have a diploma, people can’t take that away from you. God forbid you get hurt or dropped from a label, your brain can never be taken from you.”

A diploma for Peppers is just the beginning, as his goals are set much higher than that. He already has a lot of great colleges to choose from.

The likes of Alabama, Boston College, Florida, LSU, Miami, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Rutgers, South Carolina, Stanford and USC have extended Peppers a verbal scholarship, but the young man hasn’t had any time to look deep into any of those programs.

“I’m going to start looking into it more this upcoming season and finish it off next year,” Peppers said.

“I had a real good relationship with the guys at Rutgers, but that died down since the coaching change. Florida, South Carolina, the SEC schools, Michigan, Notre Dame, all the big schools you grew up watching as a kid, it’s almost like a dream come true. It’s like wow. It’s almost surreal. I know people are like you should get used to that or get a bigger mailbox, but from where I come from it’s like wow. People would love to be in my situation right now and I’m enjoying every minute.”

After school and after practice, Peppers transforms from Jabrill to J-Reall. His musical influences range from Notorious B.I.G, 2Pac, Nas and Jay-Z to newer artists such as Wale, J-Cole and Lupe Fiasco.

“Those artists are mainly artists that speak real,” Peppers said. “They don’t just rap about selling drugs or give music a bad name. Music is more about thugs rapping about drugs and the money they have. Music is a way to express yourself. Everyone thinks of me as this big athlete but I’m human too. I go through the same problems a normal teenage boy would too with music and girls. Music is a way to express how you feel in a different way.”

At home, Peppers has several talent show trophies sitting next to the football, basketball and track awards. With his busy schedule, he finds the time to take vocal classes so he can expand his range.

“Music and football pretty much go hand in hand with each other,” Peppers said. You can find some of his stuff on YouTube by searching jreallofficial. “The first year I played football, I was writing music. That was when I was about eight, seven-years old.

“My whole family is into music like that,” he continued. “Every time I went to my cousin’s house, that’s all they do is write music and listen to instruments. It’s something that came naturally.”

Peppers and his good friend Justin Love are working on a mixed tape they’re planning to release by the end of the school year. The two perform at local talent shows, open mike nights, birthday parties etc. Peppers and Love currently have six songs finished for their album, with two to four more expected to be added.

“I’ve been doing music as long as I’ve been playing football,” Peppers said with high hopes. “For me and what I do, it will be pretty much whatever strikes first.

“I’m going to college regardless,” he reiterated. “If sports or music doesn’t work out, I want to be an orthopedic doctor that deals with sports injury, or I want to be a sports analyst.”

Named the 247Sports Defensive Player of the Year for the Class of 2014, Peppers registered 80 tackles, four interceptions and two forced fumbles this past fall at Don Bosco Prep before transferring to Paramus Catholic following the season. He also rushed for close to 1,000 yards and scored 27 touchdowns via rushing, receiving and special teams in helping lead his team to a state championship. Pepper’s has gone as fast as 47 seconds in the 400-meter dash.

However, it’s the total package, athletics, music and school, that makes him special.

Video interview by ESPN Recruiting Nation......

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:8548049

http://notredame.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1432001 (free with video)........

They are the best of the best. The players wanted by every program and destined to make a big impact at the college level and beyond.

Rivals.com has identified the first five-star prospects for the 2014 class and is unveiling them this week. Ten prospects have been awarded five-stars but are not ranked at this time and we will profile two each day. One of today's five-stars is Paramus (N.J.) Paramus Catholic cornerback Jabrill Peppers.

Jabrill Peppers, CB, Paramus (N.J.) Paramus Catholic

Attributes: 6-0/190, 4.5 40

Top schools: Stanford, USC, Notre Dame, Michigan, Ohio State, LSU, Miami, Florida, Rutgers, Georgia

Scouting report: Peppers is a solidly built, tough, fast athlete who could play multiple positions in college. As a defensive back, Peppers has the proper footwork, speed and explosiveness to stick with just about any wide receiver and he isn't afraid to come up and stop the run. His agility and closing speed make him nearly impossible to shake. Peppers can see the play develop and breaks on the ball or ball-carrier very quickly and finishes with aggressiveness. Offensively, Peppers can carry the load as a running back. He runs very hard and is tough to bring down with just one defender. Peppers can outrun defenders or juke them using his agility and quick feet. He is also a viable receiver. He has the ability to make tough catches, shows great concentration when making a catch in traffic, and runs good routes. He prefers cornerback and his future is in the defensive backfield, but he is one of the nation's most versatile players.?

Analyst's take: "Physical tools aside, Peppers' leadership qualities and toughness set him apart from other players with comparable measurables and should prove invaluable at the next level. Peppers has a variety of skills that make him an excellent all-around athlete. His toughness and aggressive mentality make him a shoe-in for the defensive side of the ball, most likely at cornerback. Peppers' technique and footwork make it extremely difficult for a receiver to get any separation, especially because Peppers has great closing speed. He is very physical when going in for a tackle and is always a threat when it comes to causing a turnover, whether he is picking off a pass or causing a fumble. He is even a disruptive force when rushing the passer because he disguises the blitz and has the speed and strength to beat the blocker." -- Adam Friedman, Mid-Atlantic Analyst, Rivals.com

Why he's a five-star: "Peppers could easily be a running back in college, but he knows he's more special as a cornerback. If he continues to grow and fill out, he could end up at safety as well, but he will not lose his ability to match up in single coverage and be physical in press. Peppers also has very impressive instincts in coverage and is more than willing to come up and hit in run support. He has a very thick build and reminds me of a bigger Joe Haden coming out of high school, a great athlete who plays all over the field and could have an All-American career in college." -- Mike Farrell, National Recruiting Analyst, Rivals.com

His coach says: "Put aside the fact that he's 205 pounds and physical and extremely fast, his mentality and the mental aspects of his game, I think, make him what he is. He is so smart on and off the field and he really gets it. He understands the game. He feels it out and understands the schemes and what we are trying to do. His leadership is also great. He really is the total package. His work ethic is excellent. He is a competitor in everything he does. You can't ask for anything more and he's a leader and pushes his teammates. I can't predict the future but the sky is the limit for Jabrill. If he stays on this path, we're going to see some great things out of him. When he does move on, he's going to choose the right place and do some big things with his life." -- Paramus Catholic coach Chris Partridge

Odds and ends: Peppers, a two-way starter at Paramus Catholic, transferred before the start of this season from national powerhouse Don Bosco Prep where he was a two-way starter as a sophomore. ... Since his transfer, Peppers has reportedly packed on 12 pounds of muscle. ... Peppers is interested in becoming a doctor. ... Peppers has been a starter at cornerback since his freshman year at Bosco and became an offensive threat as a sophomore.

NFL player comparison: Joe Haden, Cleveland Browns

Community Moderator stonebreakerwasgod's Avatar
    Jersey needs to stalk him.
    Member: Irish Guards-GH Division

Junior year...........

WHOA!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast