Not a Supporting Member?

Become a Gold Club Supporting Member to remove this box and all other advertisments! Only $15 per year. Click HERE for more info!

'13 OH DT Donovan Munger (Verbal Offer/Ohio State Verbal)

Register to remove this advertisement
    Defensive Tackle
    Shaker Heights, Ohio
    Shaker Heights

Links of Interest:
    Donovan Munger - Yahoo! Sports

Donovan Munger

Height:6'3"
    Weight:278 lbs
    Class:2013 (High School)

Multimedia

Donovan has recently added a verbal offer from ND. He currently holds verbal offers from ND, Auburn, Cincinnati, Duke, UGA, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisville, Minnestoa, State Penn, Tennessee, Syracuse and West Virginia. Receiving interest from scUM, MSU and pOSU. Munger camped at pOSU last summer, has unofficially visited pOSU during the season, and has attended junior days at pOSU and scUM.

pOSU has verbally offered.

Donovan plans to unofficially visit ND this weekend for there junior day.

Gold Club Member Purebred Irishman's Avatar
    Irish Academics Impress Munger

Different things are important to different prospects, but there is no doubt about what’s most important to Donovan Munger.

“Academics is number one,” Munger said. “I want to make sure I get a good education to get a great job that would benefit me and my family at the end of the day.”

The 6-foot-3, 278-pound lineman from Shaker Heights, Ohio (Shaker Heights High School) got a chance to see what Notre Dame’s academics are like during the Irish’s Junior Day on Saturday.

“It was great today,” Munger said. “The academics, the opportunity they offer and put on the table. They make it easier on freshmen transitioning from high school over to college so they can be on track.”

Munger was admittedly surprised to see the ways Notre Dame helps its first-year students.

“I heard Notre Dame was a tougher college and it probably is, but they give you the opportunity to make it and I really like that,” he said.

The Ohio big man also enjoyed the football side of things, especially taking in a Notre Dame spring practice.

“Oh man, this was their first day of hitting so their intensity was very high,” he said. “They were anxious to get on the field and hit each other. It was cool.”

Munger could play either side of the ball and the Irish haven’t specified which side of the ball they see him on yet.

“They’re not really sure what position I would play,” he said. “I don’t have a preference.”

But on Saturday, Munger got a look at things from an offensive standpoint and had the chance to visit with new Notre Dame offensive line coach Harry Hiestand.

“I went into the meeting with Coach Hiestand and watched film on all of the guys, what they do, what they need to work on and what they did good,” he said. “It was good.”

Hiestand impressed the Ohio standout.

“He’s an intense coach,” Munger said of Hiestand. “I like that.”

Munger also had the chance to visit with Irish head coach Brian Kelly.

“It was a great meeting,” he said. “He’s a great guy. I watched him at Cincinnati and he’s a very good coach.”

Munger, who owns offers from schools like Auburn, Duke, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio State, Penn State and Tennessee among others, isn’t ready to put together a group of favorite schools at this point.

“I don’t really have any schools on my list because I haven’t visited a lot of places, so you can’t just put them on your list just because you like the team,” he said. “I can’t do that.”

But he also isn’t ready to rule any schools out at this point either.

“I’m really open right now,” he said.

Still, the Irish certainly made a great case for themselves on Saturday.

“Yeah, they impressed me.”
    All winning teams are goal-oriented. Teams like these win consistently because everyone connected with them concentrates on specific objectives. They go about their business with blinders on; nothing will distract themfrom achieving their aims.

- Lou Holtz, former Notre Dame football coach

Northwestern and Kansas have verbally offered.

Gold Club Member Purebred Irishman's Avatar
    Committed to pOSU
    All winning teams are goal-oriented. Teams like these win consistently because everyone connected with them concentrates on specific objectives. They go about their business with blinders on; nothing will distract themfrom achieving their aims.

- Lou Holtz, former Notre Dame football coach