Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by simets99 View Post
    I believe the DT is for dual threat.
    Wow, missed that one.

Community Moderator stonebreakerwasgod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Murf NDawg View Post
    That sounds like a position Stoney could play
    I don't care who you know...I'm banning your ass for a day.

(suspended sentence)
    Member: Irish Guards-GH Division

Current rankings:

Rivals- One 5*, nine 4*, nine 3*, avg. stars- 3.58 Team Rank- #4 behind USC, scUM, and LSU.

Scout- One 5*, fifteen 4*, three 3*, avg. stars- 3.89 Team Rank- #5 behind scUM, USC, Texas A&M, and UGA.

247- One 5*, thirteen 4*, five 3*, avg. stars- 3.79 Team Rank- #5 behind USC, Bama, scUM, and UF.

ESPN- Zero 5*, fifteen 4*, four 3*, avg. stars- 3.79 Team Rank- #8 behind USC, UF, scUM, Bama, pOSU, Auburn, and Texas.

Composite- One 5*, thirteen 4*, five 3*, avg. stars- 3.76 Team Rank- #4 behind USC, scUM, and Bama.

ESPN is the only site that does not list Jaylon Smith as a 5*. Interestingly enough they are also the only one to give Michael Deeb a 4*. Every one of the 19 ND verbals has a 4* ranking from at least one of the recruiting services, and all but Deeb, Mattingly, and Robinson have 4* rankings from multiple services.

Quote Originally Posted by irishunclebill View Post
    Current rankings:

Rivals- One 5*, nine 4*, nine 3*, avg. stars- 3.58 Team Rank- #4 behind USC, scUM, and LSU.

Scout- One 5*, fifteen 4*, three 3*, avg. stars- 3.89 Team Rank- #5 behind scUM, USC, Texas A&M, and UGA.

247- One 5*, thirteen 4*, five 3*, avg. stars- 3.79 Team Rank- #5 behind USC, Bama, scUM, and UF.

ESPN- Zero 5*, fifteen 4*, four 3*, avg. stars- 3.79 Team Rank- #8 behind USC, UF, scUM, Bama, pOSU, Auburn, and Texas.

Composite- One 5*, thirteen 4*, five 3*, avg. stars- 3.76 Team Rank- #4 behind USC, scUM, and Bama.

ESPN is the only site that does not list Jaylon Smith as a 5*. Interestingly enough they are also the only one to give Michael Deeb a 4*. Every one of the 19 ND verbals has a 4* ranking from at least one of the recruiting services, and all but Deeb, Mattingly, and Robinson have 4* rankings from multiple services.

Has ESPN ever had an ND commit ranked as a 5*?

Quote Originally Posted by IrishDodger View Post
    Emu, fo sho.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishDodger View Post
    Jimmy, though they were the ones that coined the whole "Once in a decade" crap and had him as their number one overall....... when they thought he was headed to SC... once he verballed to SB stories ran clowning ND fans for hyping him as a "once in a decade prospect" and they dropped their once golden child off of the top spot because he didn't play top competition and gave it Jimmy's teammate Marc tyler who of course became a Trojan... and somehow played a different schedule????...

I am not that into the "ESPN hates ND" stuff... but that was easily the best recruiting rankings case to support it I can remember... if that's your thing.
    Last edited by ACamp1900; 08-21-2012 at 11:39 PM.
    "Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong."-- Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by ACamp1900 View Post
    Jimmy, though they were the ones that coined the whole "Once in a decade" crap and had him as their number one overall....... when they thought he was headed to SC... once he verballed to SB stories ran clowning ND fans for hyping him as a "once in a decade prospect" and they dropped their once golden child off of the top spot and gave it to Marc Tyler who went to SC......

I am not that into the ESPN hates ND stuff... but that was easily the best case to support it I can remember
    ESPN ended up with Joe McKnight being #1 that year, Tyler was #3, but yes actually there have been quite a few ESPN 5* ND recruits although back in Jimmah's day ESPN did not use the 5*/4*/3* terminology. ESPN had 3 ND players from the 2007 recruiting class in their Top 26 overall, so at least Jimmah at #8 and Golden Tate at #11 would have been considered 5* and Kerry Neal at #26 would have been damn close. For that class at least ESPN was considered somewhat of an ND homer as Tate and Neal were not ranked nearly that high by any other recruiting service.

Here are the other ND recruits that ESPN had as 5* (based on being in their Top 25) since they started their ESPN 150 in 2006.

2006- Sam Young @#19
    2008- Dayne Crist @#22 (Floyd was #29)
    2009- Te'o @#2- BTW, they also had Tyler Stockton at #31
    2010- nada (Louis Nix was the highest rated ND recruit @#64)
    2011- Lynch @#15
    2012- Davonte Neal @#8

So in the 7 years (2006-12) they have been doing this 7 ND recruits have been ranked in their Top 25. Also Jaylon Smith will probably be eventually ranked as a 5* by ESPN as they now list only 7 total 5* in the 2013 recruiting class but they expand that number as the recruiting season winds down. Jaylon is #14 overall on ESPN, but that is still his only non-Top 10 ranking. Rivals has him #3, Scout has him #6, and 247 has him #5.

Quote Originally Posted by stonebreakerwasgod View Post
    I don't care who you know...I'm banning your ass for a day.

(suspended sentence)
    Awe come on Stoney. I didn't even mention Linda Lovelace in the DT-QB position.

Community Moderator stonebreakerwasgod's Avatar
    Lmao.
    Point taken.
    Member: Irish Guards-GH Division

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast