Please Support Our Sponsors

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Register to remove this advertisement
    IDK why but my gut says this won't stick. He is bound for somewhere else.
    If you're Lucky enough to be Irish, then you're Lucky enough.

Senior Member Purebred Irishman's Avatar
    http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/isdb...se-commitments

Deon Hollins, Jr., OLB, 6-2, 225, Missouri City, TX (Marshall): After flirting with Notre Dame during the winter months, Hollins committed to UCLA. Hollins re-opened his recruitment and plans to take an official visit to Notre Dame. Hey, if he's going to visit Notre Dame there's a chance for a commitment. The important reason for including Hollins on this list derives from his recent status as a prospect committed to another school. While Hollins decided to publicly announce he's looking around in advance of taking official visits, Irish fans should expect at least two or three recruits currently committed to other institutions to take unofficial and/or official visits to Notre Dame. That's recruiting during 2012-2013. Notre Dame continues to pursue recruits committed elsewhere, and the favor most definitely being returned by other schools attempting to poach Notre Dame's committed recruits.
    All winning teams are goal-oriented. Teams like these win consistently because everyone connected with them concentrates on specific objectives. They go about their business with blinders on; nothing will distract themfrom achieving their aims.

- Lou Holtz, former Notre Dame football coach

Recruiting Week In Review
    Tuesday, 30 October 2012 07:09 Joe Bradshaw

The Notre Dame football team put together its most complete game of the season in its 30-13 victory over Oklahoma on Saturday. The Irish gave potential recruits on both sides of the ball plenty to see. Everett Golson had the best game of his career, Notre Dame ran for 215 yards and the defense held the high-powered Oklahoma offense to only 13 points. With only a few slots still available in the class of 2013 the Irish can be selective. However, there are a number of outstanding players from whom Notre Dame would happily accept a commitment. Irish Sports Daily reported on two of those young men last week. What have you been missing by not being a member of Irish Sports Daily?

Deon Hollins, 6-2, 225, Fort Bend Marshall High School, Missouri City, TX is currently committed to UCLA. While the Texas standout still remains committed to UCLA he also remains committed to taking visits once his season ends. One of those visits will be to Notre Dame.

Head coach Brian Kelly has taken a personal interest in Hollins’ recruitment and the two communicate frequently.

“I message Coach Kelly a lot via Facebook,” Hollins explained. “They just say that they’re still excited for me and the prospect of me and Jaylon Smith would excite them a whole lot.”

The combination of Smith’s versatility and Hollins’ dynamic pass rushing skills would undoubtedly excite Irish fans and terrify Irish opponents. Not only is the Notre Dame coaching staff thrilled at that possibility but Hollins appreciates the potential of it as well.

“They were talking about the same exact thing and the different ways they could use us with my rushing ability and the things I can do and his versatility,” said Hollins. “It would be wonderful. It would be real nice.”

In addition to Notre Dame, Hollins has a number of other visits that he would like to take.

“Ohio State is one, University of Washington is one and Utah is the other,” he stated.

Hollins’ focus now is on the season. His team is playing extremely well and he wants to see that success continue.

“The season is going pretty good,” he said. “We’re 7-0 so we’re rolling. This past game we won 56-10.”

A player of Hollins’ ability demands much attention from opposing offenses. He has faced constant double teams but despite that he has still racked up 12 sacks and more than 50 tackles so far on the season. Still, he’s experienced some frustration from the constant double-teams.

“It’d be hard to say anyone wouldn’t be frustrated because a lot of times it can take you out of your rhythm,” he confessed. “It’s definitely frustrating but I just try to push through it.”

Hollins has not set a timetable for any decision but his after the season visits will ensure that any decision will be fairly late in the process.

http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recr...week-in-review
    ............................||| Notre Dame Notes Spreadsheet |||..........................

OV to Notre Dame scheduled for January 11-13.

Per ISD........

Irish Sports Daily‏@ISDUpdate

Just chatted with #UCLA commit Deon Hollins, Jr. and he still plans to visit #notredame next week while keeping all his options open.

Irish Sports Daily ‏@ISDUpdate
    #NotreDame DC Bob Diaco and Kerry Cooks should be meeting with #UCLA LB commit Deon Hollins right now.
    2:50 PM - 24 Jan 13
    ............................||| Notre Dame Notes Spreadsheet |||..........................

I think I like this a lot.
    KeiVarae Russell: "When the coaches told me over the next few days in the film room that I was gonna start I was like ‘Uh Oh’.”

Irish Sports Daily ‏@ISDUpdate
    UCLA LB Deon Hollins on trip to #NotreDame this weekend: "I'll be there."
    3:13 PM - 24 Jan 13

Sorry, thought I put this in here already.

Jason Sapp ‏@BGI_JasonSapp
    UCLA commit Deon Hollins 'Blown Away' on #NotreDame official. Full details on visit, commit status here: (VIP) http://bit.ly/VgHyi1 #Irish
    1:14 PM - 27 Jan 13

Deon lives and plays just 30 minutes South of Katy....he would be a HUGE addition to this recruiting class. Very very very Darius Fleming like....more athletic.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast