Please Support Our Sponsors

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by PDOGEMP View Post
    Darby has taken ND off his list, his 3 are: FSU,Clemson and Auburn
    Wouldn't be a shocker if we were still on the list, would it?

One more down D.J. Foster picks ASU over the Condoms. :nanana:

Agholor
    Armstead
    Banner
    Caleb
    Cox
    Darby
    Diamond
    S. Diggs
    Ekanem
    Foster ASU
    Fuller
    Garnett Stanford
    Goldman
    DGB
    Harvey-Clemons
    T. Howard
    T. Johnson
    Kirven
    Marcus
    Murphy
    Neal
    Ofahengaue
    Peat
    Poole
    Standifer
    I. Thomas

Everyone but NDGirlz and Morrdave had D.J. to ASU.

If Standfer get passed by admissions I think that is the only other recruit that we land. Just a feeling. Not trying to be negative. Would love to get Poole and Neal. Just don't think it's going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by orange34 View Post
    If Standfer get passed by admissions I think that is the only other recruit that we land. Just a feeling. Not trying to be negative. Would love to get Poole and Neal. Just don't think it's going to happen.
    Put your pics up Orange this is the Fearless thread. Put your personal opinions into a pic sheet like the others.
    Cheers! Crasher
    go in there and fight, fight, fight, fight, fight!

:goirish: IRISH GUARD GH-Division!

Quote Originally Posted by Revolver View Post
    I hear what you are saying but then why is Kelly telling kids that all the spots are taken?
    Could Kelly's philosophy be to only take elite recruits at this point and use any remaining slots for fifth years, which are then available for 2013 recruits?

A four/five star next year is probably better at this point then a three/four star recruit this year who may not see the field for a couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown_9999 View Post
    Could Kelly's philosophy be to only take elite recruits at this point and use any remaining slots for fifth years, which are then available for 2013 recruits?

A four/five star next year is probably better at this point then a three/four star recruit this year who may not see the field for a couple of years.
    Makes sense. There are still 3 slots left in this class even with Golic Jr. and Goodman coming back, but if we fill all three of those slots we could be looking at a 2013 class with as few as 17 slots available. Plus the guys who are being turned away right now are neither super elite or play positions of immediate need. Kelly is obviously not going to turn away Poole or Neal, both of whom the Irish are still recruiting very heavily, but unless there is a NSD surprise coming it looks as though all 3 of those available slots are going to be held over for the 2013 recruiting class unless Standifer clears the academic hurdle.

Quote Originally Posted by irishunclebill View Post
    Makes sense. There are still 3 slots left in this class even with Golic Jr. and Goodman coming back, but if we fill all three of those slots we could be looking at a 2013 class with as few as 17 slots available. Plus the guys who are being turned away right now are neither super elite or play positions of immediate need. Kelly is obviously not going to turn away Poole or Neal, both of whom the Irish are still recruiting very heavily, but unless there is a NSD surprise coming it looks as though all 3 of those available slots are going to be held over for the 2013 recruiting class unless Standifer clears the academic hurdle.
    Just to clarify, we will have 85 guys on scholarship though, right? Those spots would go to 5th years?

Quote Originally Posted by KamaraPolice View Post
    Just to clarify, we will have 85 guys on scholarship though, right? Those spots would go to 5th years?
    They could but I'm not sure who Kelly would give them to. The current 82 includes Cave, Golic, Goodman, KLM, & Slaughter. Cwynar has already indicated that he is ready to move on to his life without football. After that group of 6 is Clelland, McCarthy, McDonald, Newman, Poz, Walker, and Williams.

It's not all their fault as a group, but whether it was through injury, lack of talent, or lack of development, I don't know whether there has ever been such an anonymous group of that quantity of seniors in ND football history who have contributed so little to the football program in a 4 year period.

I honestly don't see any of them returning, at least not for football related reasons, even if all 3 currently open slots are still available after NSD.

Quote Originally Posted by irishunclebill View Post
    They could but I'm not sure who Kelly would give them to. The current 82 includes Cave, Golic, Goodman, KLM, & Slaughter. Cwynar has already indicated that he is ready to move on to his life without football. After that group of 6 is Clelland, McCarthy, McDonald, Newman, Poz, Walker, and Williams.

It's not all their fault as a group, but whether it was through injury, lack of talent, or lack of development, I don't know whether there has ever been such an anonymous group of that quantity of seniors in ND football history who have contributed so little to the football program in a 4 year period.

I honestly don't see any of them returning, at least not for football related reasons, even if all 3 currently open slots are still available after NSD.
    I think I have seen mention McCarthy as a possible fifth year. I would think that his lack of contribution so far is mainly due to injuries versus a lack of talent or development. Also, it's been tough to get H. Smith off the field.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast