Not a Supporting Member?

Become a Gold Club Supporting Member to remove this box and all other advertisments! Only $15 per year. Click HERE for more info!

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

'13 FL RB Greg Bryant (Verbal Commit 12/9/12 ND LOI)

Register to remove this advertisement
    Running Back
    Delray Beach, Florida
    American Heritage School

Links of Interest:
    Greg Bryant - Yahoo! Sports

Greg Bryant

Height:5'10"
    Weight:193 lbs
    Class:2013 (High School)

Multimedia

Greg already holds verbal offers from Florida, UGA, OU, West Virginia, Wake Forest, Minnesota and Marshall. Receiving interest from ND, Bama, Auburn, Miami, FSU, Texas Tech, Tennessee, USCe, Clemson and UNC. Greg lists UGA and Florida as his current favorites but Florida is definitely in the drivers seat here. A little surprised has hans't pulled the trigger on a verbal yet.

2013 Florida RB Has Irish Interest (free)

With the injury to Jonas Gray in yesterday's game, the depth at running back for the Irish is scarce. Head coach Brian Kelly, may have to contemplate playing a freshman next week versus Stanford.

Not only is Notre Dame looking for another running back in the Class of 2012, but its also starting to look at some of the top prospects in 2013 to help fill a depleted depth chart.

One junior running back, the Irish are looking at is Greg Bryant of American Heritage High School in Delray Beach, Fla.

The 5-foot-11, 190-pound tailback has received offers from Florida, Georgia, Oklahoma, West Virginia, Wake Forest, Minnesota, Marshall, Florida Atlantic and Bowling Green among others. He's also receiving interest from Notre Dame, Alabama, Auburn, Miami, Florida State, Texas Tech, Tennessee, South Carolina, Clemson and North Carolina.

The Florida native has been receiving increasing interest from the Notre Dame coaching staff. Recently, running backs coach Tim Hinton made a call to Bryant to tell him how interested the Irish are.

"My coach came and pulled me out of my math class and Coach Hinton was on the phone," he said. "He was just telling me how they think I'm a great player and to keep working hard. He also told me that I'm the kind of player that they're looking for at Notre Dame."

While Bryant is interested in the Irish program, he admits that he isn't very familiar with Notre Dame.

"I really don't know anything about them, so I've been looking some stuff up on the computer," he explained. "I'm interested in them, so I can learn more about them and see if the school is a fit for me. Everything I've read so far, shows that's a great academic school with a lot of tradition."

Is Notre Dame a school Bryant would consider visiting?

"I'm not sure right now, that'll be something I think of down the line," he stated.

Even though it's early in the process, the Delray Beach star has a couple of schools standing out to him.

"I really like Florida and Georgia because they are both great programs," he said. "There's a lot of other programs I really want to check out this spring and next summer."

Bryant, who rushed for over 1,400 yards and around 20 touchdowns, is looking for the opportunity to play as a freshman.

"I think I could be a strong contributor, but I just want the chance to be able to compete for a spot," explained Bryant. "I'm also looking for a place I can fit in socially and have a great relationship with the coaching staff. I'm looking for a place that has a history of putting players in the league."
    Last edited by zimmsbg78; 02-23-2012 at 01:06 PM.

According to Rivals, ND had verbally offered Greg.

Sunday standouts in south Florida (free)

PLANTATION, Fla. – Nowhere in the country are players more anxious to compete than in Broward, Dade and Palm Beach Counties in south Florida. On Sunday, several 7on7 teams showed up at American Heritage High School and players were coming out of the wood work at the chance to demonstrate their ability in a competitive 7on7 setting.

The event was essentially a tryout for the South Florida Fire 7on7 team. But also present at the event were the South Florida Blur and Hard Knocks. All told, some of the top players in south Florida were at the event, and they weren’t all necessarily rising seniors.

We take a look at a few of the individual standouts in the loaded setting.

Greg Bryant, RB, Delray Beach (Fla.) American Heritage

It’s going to be hard to find a better looking running back from a physical standpoint than Bryant anywhere in the country. He was that once again on Sunday but he showed a powerful burst with the ball and good hands to boot. Currently Bryant lists an Oklahoma visit this spring as the only thing on his agenda. He has over 20 national offers and led his team to a state championship in 2011.
    Just last week Greg stated he had a current top four of ND, Bama, U$C and OU. I honestly think ND is window dressing here. During the season Greg was heavily leaning Florida and UGA and now both teams don't make his new top four? I think Florida is still a major player here.

Has an updated current top 3 of ND, USCe, and U$C

Gold Club Member Purebred Irishman's Avatar
    Scout.com: Sooners Nab Second 2013 Running Back

NORMAN, Okla. — Running back Greg Bryant took his trip to OU this weekend and couldn't resist committing to the Crimson and Cream.
    All winning teams are goal-oriented. Teams like these win consistently because everyone connected with them concentrates on specific objectives. They go about their business with blinders on; nothing will distract themfrom achieving their aims.

- Lou Holtz, former Notre Dame football coach

"crimson and cream" ?? is that what they call themselves?
    “We GUNNA Be Beast!!"

Quote Originally Posted by NDisNCin2010 View Post
    "crimson and cream" ?? is that what they call themselves?
    i guess; although, I've never heard and oklahoma grad mention cream without the word sister.

Decommitted OU. Now listed by Rivals as having High Interest in USCe & Auburn.

Quote Originally Posted by irishunclebill View Post
    Decommitted OU. Now listed by Rivals as having High Interest in USCe & Auburn.
    http://247sports.com/Article/4-star-...e-market-82914 (free)

One of the nation’s top running backs is back on the market.

Four-star running back Greg Bryant from American Heritage in Delray Beach, Fla., decommitted from Oklahoma Monday night, confirming his decision in a text to AuburnUndercover.com.

Bryant had been committed to the Sooners for four months but visited Auburn in June and now lists the Tigers and South Carolina as his top two.

Bryant, 5-foot-11 and 196 pounds, has more than 20 offers including Auburn, Alabama, Florida, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida State, Clemson, USC, Notre Dame and Ohio State.

Bryant is rated the nation’s No. 3 running back and No. 31 overall prospect in the 247Composite rankings. He rushed for 1,973 yards and 25 touchdowns on 189 carries as a junior.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast