Please Support Our Sponsors

Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: PSU scandal

Register to remove this advertisement
    Come on no matter big or small...really. Big difference from getting a report that your coworker pocketing some office supplies or stealing money from the company and hearing that a coworker was raping a kid at your place of work no less! That goes beyond just reporting it up and then just forgetting you ever heard anything about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lay off JoePa? The admins are the biggest culprit here but come on. You think JoePa would let it go if on of his players wasn't getting his cleats cleaned?
    "Doggonnit............The Lord gave you two legs, protect them" - Coach Hart

I am a manager at a major corporation and if one of my employees came to me and told me they were being sexually harassed and all i did was tell my boss without any due diligence to make sure some kind of disciplinary action occurred, my ass would be fired right along with everbody else. As the manager, i need to make sure proceedings are occurring as expected for all my employees, including judicial.

If Joe Pa had an inkling that one of his employees was diddling little kids on school grounds during his watch, he should have made DAMN sure of exactly what was happening and followed it to the end. These were little kids, for God's sake. That changes everything.
    Irish Guard - GH Division

Truth be told though we dont know everything. We should just wait and see what happens, everything comes out eventually. The facts we want, we will get. I'm not going to condemn anyone until I know what exactly happened. (Well except for the guy who actually did it, he can get the electric chair for all I care).
    They say the mirror doesnt lie. Luckily for Lane Kiffin, it doesnt laugh either.

This was not something that should have been handled "in house" which is what telling your boss is doing. If I suspect abuse, telling my principal and then going my merry way would get me fired and charged. JoePa works for the school system same as I do. I will be surprised if Joe Pa and others do not face some kind of charges, unless too much time has passed, for not reporting it to the police and the child protective agency of PA. That's a law, if you even suspect, you report. You do not get to make the decision of whether or not it is true, you do not get to decide how it should be dealt with. you let others handle that part. You report if you suspect...this is the same crap mentality that went on with the those Catholic priests for so long.
    Last edited by Irlandese; 11-09-2011 at 06:10 AM.
    A.K.A. Southern Irish, the Fem version I despise Michigan, Purdue and worms. In that order.

This runs deeper than just the admins at PSU.

I was listening to Cowherd yesterday and he read a snippet from the grand jury report. Basically this had been reported and investigated into back in '98/'99. Sandusky actually admitted to showering naked with and "hugging" a 10-year old boy and all the investigator did was tell him to not do it anymore (I haven't read the report so if this is inaccurate, let me know).

I'm not going to throw JoePa in with the rest of the admins (yet) until all of the facts come out. Because if this is true, then the issue had been reported by people and the police did look into it but even they swept it under the rug. Joe may deserve some blame for this, but we don't know how much until all the facts are out.

As for the people who are suggesting that PSU shuts their season down, that's just stupid. Why punish the 18-22 year old kids who are out there busting their butts and (somehow) putting together a good year on the field for something they had no idea about going on behind the scenes? I have no issue with making JoePa step down if they feel he didn't do what was morally responsible, but don't take the team down with him.

You guys realize that up until about a week ago, Sandusky had an office on campus at PSU, and maintained emeritus status that gave him extensive privileges with the university, right?

JoePa, the AD, and the rest of the administration are all responsible for harboring an individual who had been accused of and admitted to inappropriate conduct with young boys. Turning a blind eye to the issue after making what amounts to a symbolic gesture (JoePa reports it to an AD an then washes his hands of it? Seriously?!?) and continuing an amicable relationship with the guy is flat out reprehensible.

Take a look at some of the quotes from the parents of the victims. They make it sound like they've been pleading for someone to listen for years. We don't need more facts to come out to know that JoePa knew enough to take more action than he did. Repeated accusations of molestation of young boys and - after an abrupt resignation - the university responds by awarding emeritus status and preserving an institutional relationship with a man of such character?

Fire every goddam one of them. Including JoePa. Their actions - or lack thereof - are all the facts we need.

Make no mistake - Sandusky was the heir apparent to take over at PSU. He was the architect of "linebacker U" and their two national championships in the 1980s. He was an integral figure in the program for years and because of that fact, his behavior was TOLERATED. This is nothing more than an athletics department and administration - including JoePa - turning a blind eye in the interest of protecting the program and PSU football.

I'm not in favor of penalizing the players by shutting down the season. They had nothing to do with this. But letting JoePa step on the field again in the midst of this hot mess is inexcusable. It's not as though he's even running the team anyway. PSU has to man up and show some will to take decisive action.
    Last edited by BigIrish; 11-09-2011 at 08:54 AM.

Here is the grand jury transcript. I have read it, and just so you know, it can be very graphic at times.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2011/11/...resentment.pdf
    KeiVarae Russell: "When the coaches told me over the next few days in the film room that I was gonna start I was like ‘Uh Oh’.”

Quote Originally Posted by BigIrish View Post
    You guys realize that up until about a week ago, Sandusky had an office on campus at PSU, and maintained emeritus status that gave him extensive privileges with the university, right?

JoePa, the AD, and the rest of the administration are all responsible for harboring an individual who had been accused of and admitted to inappropriate conduct with young boys. Turning a blind eye to the issue after making what amounts to a symbolic gesture (JoePa reports it to an AD an then washes his hands of it? Seriously?!?) and continuing an amicable relationship with the guy is flat out reprehensible.

Take a look at some of the quotes from the parents of the victims. They make it sound like they've been pleading for someone to listen for years. We don't need more facts to come out to know that JoePa knew enough to take more action than he did. Repeated accusations of molestation of young boys and - after an abrupt resignation - the university responds by awarding emeritus status and preserving an institutional relationship with a man of such character?

Fire every goddam one of them. Including JoePa. Their actions - or lack thereof - are all the facts we need.

Make no mistake - Sandusky was the heir apparent to take over at PSU. He was the architect of "linebacker U" and their two national championships in the 1980s. He was an integral figure in the program for years and because of that fact, his behavior was TOLERATED. This is nothing more than an athletics department and administration - including JoePa - turning a blind eye in the interest of protecting the program and PSU football.

I'm not in favor of penalizing the players by shutting down the season. They had nothing to do with this. But letting JoePa step on the field again in the midst of this hot mess is inexcusable. It's not as though he's even running the team anyway. PSU has to man up and show some will to take decisive action.
    I so agree with you Big. Take time to read the grand jury transcripts and it is quite shocking that this guy was still allowed on campus. It's sickening really. I realize Joe didn't actually commit the crimes, but I still feel he and the administration could have prevented further ones. It's Joe freaking Paterno. If the guy really wanted to do something he could have. People listen to him when he speaks.
    KeiVarae Russell: "When the coaches told me over the next few days in the film room that I was gonna start I was like ‘Uh Oh’.”

Quote Originally Posted by NotreDameNate View Post
    Here is the grand jury transcript. I have read it, and just so you know, it can be very graphic at times.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2011/11/...resentment.pdf
    my God...the section that covers the 2002 incident alone with the grad student walking in on them in the shower. i challenge anyone to read that and then say that JoePa doesn't deserve to burn along with the rest of those cowards at PSU.

failing to report to the police what happened is disturbing enough. but the fact that they failed to cut all ties with the man and bar him from campus....what a f-ing travesty. Every single individual who turned a blind eye to this issue is culpable here. They were enablers who gave this man a venue and status by which to continue this behavior.

i have a young son. the violation of trust displayed here makes me physically sick.

Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast