Please Support Our Sponsors

Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: PSU scandal

Register to remove this advertisement
    I believe you're right. It wouldn't surprise me to see Paterno retire after this year. I have to agree that Paterno had to know a little more. Maybe not specifics, but enough to know that something didn't smell right. What is more curious is that after this was reported, they still let him have access to the PSU facilities.
    Last edited by Irish#1; 11-09-2011 at 01:40 PM.
    We Are The Fighting Irish!
    Irish Guard - GH Division

Paterno knew that Sandusky was accused of sodomizing a child in a PSU facility. He told his boss and seemingly forgot about it. This much is evident in the grand jury report.

JoePa should be run out of town with pitchforks and torches. This is a stain on his legacy.

Community Moderator stonebreakerwasgod's Avatar
    I guess the PSU fans who got uppity about Diaco getting Ishaq who said that PSU has class...

Show me one person from the JoePa and up who did the right thing.
    Declan died in an accident...this was a coverup of tragic proportions.
    Member: Irish Guards-GH Division

I try to live with Christian virtues of forgiveness, but I must admit his is the exception that proves the rule. People who hurt children for their own sick pleasure are the lowest scum in the universe who deserve the most severe punishment possible.

And as a parent, I would definitely think twice before allowing my child to attend a university who went to any length to cover up for an animal like Sandusky and the disgusting crimes he committed. They deserve any disruption and penalty they get for aiding and abetting anything this heinous.
    Irish Guard - GH Division

Quote Originally Posted by BigIrish View Post
    Paterno knew that Sandusky was accused of sodomizing a child in a PSU facility. He told his boss and seemingly forgot about it. This much is evident in the grand jury report.

JoePa should be run out of town with pitchforks and torches. This is a stain on his legacy.
    It's disgusting, I have zero sympathy for any involved. Taking advantage of children in this way is some sick shit. It will not bother me one bit to think of Paterno as a clueless idiot from here on out. I realize he actually did say something, but let's be honest. This isn't a tattoo scandal, this isn't a player getting extra benefits, this is a crime against many children that very well could have been stopped earlier, but wasn't.

I write this, not because I have children of my own, but when I read things of this nature I have one of the best little nephews in the world. I think of him, and I think of what I would do if anything like this ever happened to him. If this was one of your kids, or nephews can you honestly say that you think Paterno did everything he could? I don't, and I won't be changing my mind on that. This will be the reason I will never think of Paterno in good light again.

Kids being raped. Awesome, you scumbag motherfuc...... They can rot in hell, this is some horrible shit.
    KeiVarae Russell: "When the coaches told me over the next few days in the film room that I was gonna start I was like ‘Uh Oh’.”

Banned
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/09/sp...t.html?_r=1&hp

Penn State Said to Be Planning Paterno’s Exit Amid Scandal

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. — Joe Paterno’s tenure as coach of the Penn State football team will soon be over, perhaps within days or weeks, in the wake of a sex-abuse scandal that has implicated university officials, according to two people briefed on conversations among the university’s top officials.

The board of trustees has yet to determine the precise timing of Paterno’s exit, but it is clear that the man who has more victories than any other coach at college football’s top level and who made Penn State a prestigious national brand will not survive to coach another season. Discussions about how to manage his departure have begun, according to the two people.....

Quote Originally Posted by IrishFan123 View Post
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/09/sp...t.html?_r=1&hp

Penn State Said to Be Planning Paterno’s Exit Amid Scandal
    This was stated on ESPN a few minutes ago, and then the ticker showed a tweet by his son saying JoPa has not been asked to step down immediately. Bottom line is that this was his final year on his contract and will most likely now be his last. Personally, I would throw his old ass out now if I were heading up PSU. This does nothing but throw a negative light on the program and the school.

I heard on the radio today that while JoPa reported it to his higher ups, he had the responsibility (as did others) to report it to the police. While it is usually a moral decision to report, in this case, it is mandated as a state employee. SO while the state is not charging him, he did fail to report the incident under state law.

Community Moderator stonebreakerwasgod's Avatar
    For those who thought Michael Vick did a horrible thing...he did. But what happened at Penn St is 10 times worse..yet was covered up by multiple people caring more about a program than children. I hear more apologists for this than i heard an outcry over an animal. I like animals, but it's not exactly a child. What if it was YOUR child? Upset now maybe?
    Member: Irish Guards-GH Division

Hearing more and more talk of people wanting them to shut the season down. How is this going to play out if they do end up playing on sat.. Man the possible protests and media buildup will be nuts
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Im with Wicket on this, I agree with all of you that this is disgusting, but don't make Paterno a scapegoat. You can make McCreary the scapegoat, or the AD, but not Paterno. If someone at my job tells me of someone else doing something wrong, no matter how big or small, I immediately report it to my higher ups.

Put the shoe on the other foot, what if Paterno called the cops and there was no truth to it at all? Then you have espn crawling up his ass saying he is a delusional old man and needs to resign. It's a lose lose for a guy like him, leave the old man alone, he did his job and reported what he was TOLD.
    They say the mirror doesnt lie. Luckily for Lane Kiffin, it doesnt laugh either.

Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast