Please Support Our Sponsors

Page 1 of 78 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: PSU scandal

PSU scandal

Register to remove this advertisement
    WOW, just wow is all I can say! If this report proves to be true I will have lost all respect for Joe Paterno and he can pretty much just rot, I don't care. Paterno should be made to step down this instant. I am just shocked to my core as a human about this story.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoot...t-happen110511
    KeiVarae Russell: "When the coaches told me over the next few days in the film room that I was gonna start I was like ‘Uh Oh’.”

if this story is true I have no real objection to paterno, he isnt the one to launch the investigation, if the AD told him it was being handled it really isnt up to him to do anything else. Not saying he couldnt have perued it more but going all out to investigate your own staff is something I wouldnt like to do either if your AD says its okay.

Sex with children is wrong, someone, anyone, should have called the police. I guess I can understand why people would only tell thier boss, and not the police, as the possibility of losing thier job probably entered thier mind, so they told thier boss because they were unsure how to handle it, but holy smokes! More than one person actually SAW it happen, and nothing was done? Yikes.
    For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled.
    Hunter S. Thompson

8 year olds dude.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.

Being from PA and surrounded by PSU fans as well as my wife who was a Penn State Grad and Cheerleader. I am saddened by this story. Sandusky if proven guilty Is dispicable just disgusting. Joe Pa did his due diligence, he reported an incident that was reported to him by someone who said they saw it happen. Curley and the other admin seem to have brushed it under the rug. Sandusky then retired which many at the time thought didn't make sense cause he was such a good coach. He was once talked about as Joe succesor. Now all this coming out makes it seem to me more like he was asked to retire and nothing more happened to him. Shame on the admin for trying to brush this under the rug. If this man is a sexual predator and the univ just forced a retirement rather than prosecuting and or seeking help for him. They basically let him go and what does he do... he formed a children's non profit organization???? This is gonna get real uncomfortable for PSU and very Ugly!!!!
    Cheers! Crasher
    go in there and fight, fight, fight, fight, fight!

:goirish: IRISH GUARD GH-Division!

Quote Originally Posted by IrishCrasher View Post
    Being from PA and surrounded by PSU fans as well as my wife who was a Penn State Grad and Cheerleader. I am saddened by this story. Sandusky if proven guilty Is dispicable just disgusting. Joe Pa did his due diligence, he reported an incident that was reported to him by someone who said they saw it happen. Curley and the other admin seem to have brushed it under the rug. Sandusky then retired which many at the time thought didn't make sense cause he was such a good coach. He was once talked about as Joe succesor. Now all this coming out makes it seem to me more like he was asked to retire and nothing more happened to him. Shame on the admin for trying to brush this under the rug. If this man is a sexual predator and the univ just forced a retirement rather than prosecuting and or seeking help for him. They basically let him go and what does he do... he formed a children's non profit organization???? This is gonna get real uncomfortable for PSU and very Ugly!!!!
    I think he was already retired when witnesses saw the incidents, which makes it all the more baffling. Why protect a coach that is no longer a part of the program?
    For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Seriously? JoePa did his due diligence? it was sex with boys. JoePa running it up the flagpole to an AD doesn't count as due diligence. Taking it immediately to the police is due diligence.

Moreover, Sandusky "retired abruptly" in '99 while coaching under Paterno. Did he do that because he HADN'T been caught? Nope. Paterno had to have known about it then too, and just like everyone else, he sat on his hands and protected his own. Nobody surrounding the program deserves the benefit of the doubt here.

This isn't selling a jersey...or taking money for a car. Children were sexuall abused. Paterno had a responsiblity to contact the police, not just the AD.
    Irish Guard - GH Division

Big Irish I agree that w are talking about that, but it is easy to look back on the past and say it should have been done like this or like that. When you are working for a PSU, or even a ND. You are gonna take care of things through a chain of command. Joe hears of this from a grad assist, prolly says WTF to Sandusky, sandusky of course denies. No victim comes forward so Joe Pa maybe says to Curley or Admin how would you like me to handle this???? Curley, I got this and then he sweeps under the rug..... I'm not saying that's what happen, but it would make sense to me. Now victims come forward it gains steam and the past is rehashed. It is easy to say more should have been done. I believe more should have been done, but I guess my thought is admin needed to take care of it and didn't (or Sandusky retiring was their way of taking care of it which is not enough if they knew he was doing this to boys). Nor is Joe Pa excluded If he knew more was going on than he claims he knew. But at 80 something I'm thinking if Joe Pa knew he will take it to his grave. Just sad!
    Cheers! Crasher
    go in there and fight, fight, fight, fight, fight!

:goirish: IRISH GUARD GH-Division!

It's completely disgusting to me. I don't know what's going to come of this, but I have a strong feeling that holy hell will blow up as more and more comes from this story. And personally I think this could be the end of JoePa's run at PSU. Very serious crimes going on here. Very serious.
    KeiVarae Russell: "When the coaches told me over the next few days in the film room that I was gonna start I was like ‘Uh Oh’.”

Page 1 of 78 1231151 ... LastLast