Please Support Our Sponsors

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

USC game Recruiting Info

Register to remove this advertisement
    We've been asked to set up a separate thread with info about who is expected to show up next weekend.

This is the latest list that I have seen, but I'm sure it will change some as the week goes on. Please post if you feel there is someone missing or someone who should be added to this list.

2012 Prospects

CA CB Ishmael Adams -- Verbal Offer
    CA DE Arik Armstead -- Verbal Offer
    WA OT Zach Banner -- Verbal Offer
    SC WR Chris Brown -- Verbal Commit
    IL LS/OC Scott Daly -- Verbal Commit
    FL WR Justin Ferguson -- Verbal Commit
    CA WR Deontay Greenberry -- Verbal Commit
    NC OT Mark Harrell -- Verbal Commit
    NY DE Jarron Jones -- Verbal Commit
    IN QB Gunner Kiel -- Verbal Offer
    OH RB Will Mahone -- Verbal Commit
    FL CB Donaldven Manning -- Verbal Offer/ Va. Tech Verbal
    CA RB Byron Marshall -- Verbal Offer
    NC RB Keith Marshall -- Verbal Offer
    OH OLB Ifeadi Odenigbo -- Verbal Offer
    NC OLB Romeo Okwara -- Verbal Commit
    CA WR Jordan Payton -- Verbal Offer
    IN OLB David Perkins -- Verbal Commit
    FL CB Brian Poole -- Verbal Offer/ Florida Verbal
    WA RB KeiVarae Russell -- Verbal Offer
    CA CB Tee Shepard -- Verbal Commit
    FL OT John Theus -- Verbal Offer/ UGA Verbal
    CA S Shaq Thompson -- Verbal Offer
    CA WR Bryce Treggs -- Verbal Offer/ Cal Verbal
    IN S John Turner -- Verbal Commit

2013 Prospects

IL QB Matt Alviti -- Verbal Offer
    KY OT Hunter Bivin -- Prospect
    PA TE Adam Breneman -- Verbal Offer
    OH DE Taco Charlton -- Prospect
    IN DE Elijah Daniel -- Prospect
    KY ATH Dalyn Dawkins -- Prospect
    MI OT Steve Elmer -- Verbal Commit
    KY DE Jason Hatcher -- Verbal Offer
    GA ATH Darian Horn Jr. -- Prospect
    IL RB Ty Isaac -- Verbal Offer
    OH QB Kyle Kempt -- Prospect
    CA OT John Lopez -- Prospect
    OH ATH Jalin Marshall -- Verbal Offer
    TX TE Christian Morgan -- Prospect
    IL OT Ethan Pocic -- Verbal Offer
    OH DE Billy Price -- Verbal Offer
    KY WR James Quick -- Prospect
    MI OLB Jon Reschke -- Prospect
    IN OLB Jaylon Smith -- Verbal Offer
    WV RB Ryan Switzer -- Prospect
    PA QB Damion Terry -- Prospect
    IL WR Laquon Treadwell -- Prospect
    KY CB Ryan White -- Prospect
    GA CB Shaquille Wiggins -- Prospect
    PA ATH Delton Williams -- Prospect
    NJ CB Eli Woodard -- Verbal Offer
    Last edited by irishunclebill; 10-21-2011 at 04:27 PM.

Banned
    IUB glad you got my message...Also let's not overlook the 2013 guys coming. Loads of talent

And Don't forget to change Armstead's verbal and Poole is Florida
    Last edited by IrishFan123; 10-17-2011 at 09:08 AM.

I just read down these names, could you imagine a few years down the road if all these guys were on the same team? I would just take that as my team right there. Geesh roll out the red carpet BK. Lets lock up Armstead, Banner, Odenigbo, K. Marshall, Treggs, and Shaq and call it a class.... check that the #1 class.
    Cheers! Crasher
    go in there and fight, fight, fight, fight, fight!

:goirish: IRISH GUARD GH-Division!

One of the biggest football weekends in memory both for the present (should re-enter Top 25 with a win and improve bowl status) and definitely the future (WOW! what an impressive list of visitors).

Who said these guys couldn't recruit in the big time?

Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.
    ...... Paul "Bear" Bryant

I believe Jaylon Smith (2013 LB) will be coming as well

A article concerning ND's game this weekend against U$C...........

http://irish.nbcsports.com/2011/10/1...itors/related/

This Saturday was already a critical weekend in the head-to-head recruiting battle the Irish and Trojans are waging with each other. It just got a whole lot more interesting with five-star defensive end recruit Arik Armstead backing away from his commitment to USC on Sunday, less than a week before his official recruiting visit to Notre Dame.

At 6-foot-7, 280-pounds, Armstead doesn’t do the word prototype any justice. He’s a monstrous prospect that also doubles as a power forward during basketball season. Whether he ends up at defensive end like he prefers or as an offensive tackle, his athleticism has him among the top players at either position in the country.

While Armstead was the longest tenured commitment to the Trojan recruiting class, the idea of a de-commitment had to at least be in the back of the minds of both USC coaches and fans thanks to the mysterious medical situation surrounding Arik’s brother Armond, a senior defensive end on the Trojan roster. Armond has been held out of Trojan contact drills with an undisclosed ailment, and the Armstead family hasn’t been happy with the way the university has treated the situation.

“All I can say is that over the last six months, my family has been a little disappointed with some things going at USC but that’s all I want to say on that,” Arik told ESPN.com’s Greg Biggins.

Armstead plans on enrolling early, shortening the recruiting process and putting a huge emphasis on the upcoming weekend. He’ll be joined by a very large West Coast contingent in South Bend, with nearly every recruit holding offers from both Notre Dame and Southern Cal.

Here’s a quick look at a few key targets for both schools:

Zach Banner, OL: At 6-foot-9, 310-pounds, Banner is one of the few recruits that look down at Armstead. He’s got coast to coast offers and is one of the most coveted offensive line targets in the country.

Byron Marshall, RB: The San Jose native has a brother at Arizona State, but offers from just about every team in the Pac-12. He’d be a great complement to Will Mahone.

KeiVarae Russell, RB: Another dual-threat running back, the Irish will likely battle hometown Washington and the Trojans for Russell’s services.

Shaq Thompson, S: It won’t be hard for Thompson to see Harrison Smith and know he’ll have a shot at his job next season. But Thompson has choices, including USC, Auburn, Alabama, Oregon and Cal, where he was once committed.

Jordan Payton, WR: Once committed to the Trojans, Payton saw the Irish in Ann Arbor and will see them again this Saturday. His offers include most of the Pac-12 and Florida, Oklahoma, Miami and Michigan among others.

There are plenty of other recruits that are looking at both schools visiting South Bend on Saturday, including top national players like Cal commit Bryce Treggs and Georgia commit John Theus. Blue-chip offensive tackle Ronnie Stanley, entertaining offers from both USC and Notre Dame was scheduled to make his first visit to South Bend, but IrishSportsDaily.com reports scheduling conflicts have pushed that visit back.

Either way, the recruiting subplot will be an interesting one on Saturday. And there might not be a more important cog in all of this than Armstead, one of the biggest players — both literally and figuratively — on either teams’ recruiting board.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishCrasher View Post
    I just read down these names, could you imagine a few years down the road if all these guys were on the same team? I would just take that as my team right there. Geesh roll out the red carpet BK. Lets lock up Armstead, Banner, Odenigbo, K. Marshall, Treggs, and Shaq and call it a class.... check that the #1 class.
    This.

I have been on this site nonstop over the last few weeks, and I have to say you guys do a great job!!!!!! Being a Cub fan in all I am a forever pessimist, so how many of these guys do you think we could really pull???? I hope all of them! I do have a tough decision go to the church, ND, or stay at home considering my wife is due any day now!!! OH BOY IíM JACKED FOR THIS WEEKEND! PUT IT ON THESE PUNKS, BK BY 50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:word:

Quote Originally Posted by Revolver View Post
    Oh and stay with your wife.
    with a tv in close proximity though ;)

Quote Originally Posted by wicket View Post
    with a tv in close proximity though ;)
    Or a radio could work too
    From my marriage vows 6/11/11 - "I promise to always make time for you and listen to what you have to say... unless Notre Dame football is on, then you're on your own"

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast