Please Support Our Sponsors

'13 MI LB Jon Reschke (Michigan St Commit)

Register to remove this advertisement
    Linebacker
    Bloomfield, Michigan
    Brother Rice

Links of Interest:
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/notredame/fo...Reschke-126824

http://247sports.com/Recruit/Jon-Reschke-7893

Height:6'2"
    Weight:210 lbs
    Class:2013 (High School)

Multimedia

Jon currently has verbal offers from MSU and Toledo. Receiving interest from ND, Illinios, Indiana, Iowa, scUM, Northwestern, State Penn and Wisconsin. Jon plans to unofficially visit ND this weekend for the ND/MSU game.

http://247sports.com/Article/Maximum...ws-Notes-43139 (free)

SOUTHFIELD, Mich. – Many of the Detroit area’s top underclassmen were in Southfield on Wednesday night for a meeting with Sound Mind Sound Body’s Maximum Exposure program, a non-profit organization that provides mentoring, tutoring and the opportunity to participate in football-related activities year round.

A lot of the young men in attendance are already hearing from some of the top college football programs in the country.

Four Big Ten schools hot after Future247 LB

Bloomfield Hills (Mich.) Brother Rice four-star junior linebacker Jon Reschke says Michigan State is still the leader for his services and a commitment could come by the winter following this season.

However, three Big Ten rivals are currently pushing the Spartans for the 6-foot-2, 223-pound Reschke’s pledge in Iowa, Michigan and Penn State. The Spartans have already extended a scholarship, and the other three programs look to be moving in that direction.

Reschke says he recently started building a relationship with Hawkeyes defensive coordinator Norm Parker.

“Iowa wants to see film,” Reschke said. “I’m definitely interested in Iowa. We have a player who played at Brother Rice who plays there now, Kevonte Manley, so I like Iowa. I don’t know much but I’m interested.”

Reschke attended Michigan’s victory over Minnesota last Saturday.

“I sat down with Coach (Mark) Smith the linebackers coach and he told me he just needs to see some film of me at linebacker and hopefully they’ll offer,” Reschke explained, adding that he also keeps in touch with Wolverines assistant Fred Jackson.

Reschke played defensive end as a sophomore where he racked up 79 tackles, with 15 stops coming for loss including 7 sacks. He has moved to linebacker this season and he currently leads the Catholic League in tackles.

Penn State was one of the first programs to start recruiting Reschke. He’s very high on linebackers coach Ron Vanderlinden.

“Penn State has sent tons of mail and handwritten letters,” Reshcke said. “I called Coach Vanderlinden last week and we talked for a long time. We talked about the season and he said he really likes me and he just wants to see some film of me at linebacker.”

Since Sept. 1, the first day college programs could contact high school juniors, other schools to start showing interest in Reschke includes Alabama, Indiana, Notre Dame and Purdue. Reschke plans to be at the Irish-USC game on Oct. 22.

Reschke attended Michigan State’s first two home games. His father Paul is a former offensive lineman for the Spartans.

Junior year highlights.........

Jon Reschke (junior highlights) - YouTube

Verbally commited to MSU.

By John Taylor Feb 25, 2017, 8:29 AM CST
    ‘Insensitive, regrettable comment’ leads Jon Reschke to transfer from Michigan State

An offseason of discontent continues in East Lansing, with another likely starter leaving Michigan State amidst head-scratching circumstances.

In a statement, Jon Reschke announced that he has decided to transfer out of the Spartans football program. The reason? “Over a month ago, in an argument and a brief moment of anger, I lost control of my emotions and made an insensitive and totally regrettable comment involving a former teammate,” the linebacker wrote.

Just what that comment was and to who it was directed was not detailed. Below is Reschke’s statement, in its entirety.

Over a month ago, in an argument and a brief moment of anger, I lost control of my emotions and made an insensitive and totally regrettable comment involving a former teammate. In so doing, I have hurt and offended countless number of people, and for that, I am deeply sorry. If I could take my comment back, I would do so in a second.

“I have addressed my teammates and coaches and while many understand my actions were totally uncharacteristic of who I am, the hurt still lingers. Therefore, after discussions with coach Dantonio and other members of the staff, we have mutually decided that I will complete my degree and seek the opportunity of a graduate transfer for my final year of football.

“To the entire Spartan Nation, to all of my teammates past and present, to coach Dantonio and the entire coaching staff, to all the trainers, managers and administrators – I offer my sincere apology and I thank you for the greatest four years of my life. I will always cherish the friendships, the memories and the journey. There is no doubt in my mind that the Spartan Dawgs will rise up and again return to being one of the strongest programs in college football. Forever Go Green, God Bless.

After starting all 14 games for the Spartans in 2015, Reschke started two of the first three this past season before an ankle injury knocked him out for the remainder of the year. The junior missed the season opener because of another injury.

He had been expected to reassume his starting role this coming season prior to the off-field incident.

Earlier this month, Thiyo Lukusa, the projected starter at right tackle, announced that he was leaving not only the football team but the sport, citing a loss of love and passion for the game. Additionally, three unidentified football players as well as a football staffer were suspended amidst sexual assault allegations.