Please Support Our Sponsors

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishDodger View Post
    I think his given first name in Lincoln. Nobody assigns nicknames or shortens names like baseball players.
    Very true, though hockey players are up there in that category

Member of the Irish Guard, GH Division

It’s early in the college baseball season, but still worth noting that Notre Dame is the #1 ranked team in the nation.

It’s early in the college baseball season, but still worth noting that Notre Dame is the #1 ranked team in the nation.
    Amazing! Honestly, I never thought I would see that again. (I barely remember it from 2001 tbh)

Quote Originally Posted by LOVEMYIRISH View Post
    Amazing! Honestly, I never thought I would see that again. (I barely remember it from 2001 tbh)
    As in every college sport…it’s all about the Head Coach. Title IX only affords 11.7 scholarships for baseball. I don’t know how these kids subsidize that other than their parents taking out steep loans. I’m sure there’s academic considerations but I gotta think most come from families who can afford to subsidize tuition or can qualify for loans.

They’ve also had good fortune w/ transfers from other academic schools. They have three Friday starters in their rotation. Two came from other schools. Enjoy it while you can as ND baseball is a stepping stone in college. This guy will be at a warm weather school sooner rather than later.

As in every college sport…it’s all about the Head Coach. Title IX only affords 11.7 scholarships for baseball. I don’t know how these kids subsidize that other than their parents taking out steep loans. I’m sure there’s academic considerations but I gotta think most come from families who can afford to subsidize tuition or can qualify for loans.

They’ve also had good fortune w/ transfers from other academic schools. They have three Friday starters in their rotation. Two came from other schools. Enjoy it while you can as ND baseball is a stepping stone in college. This guy will be at a warm weather school sooner rather than later.
    To be honest, college isn't really that expensive for a school that wants that kid to attend.

My family qualifies as "well off"...my daughter got into 7 schools that were all Top75 ranked liberal arts schools...none were priced less than $50k/year on the website. Only ONE school she got into would have cost us more than 31k/year. (Oberlin came in high in comparison). My daughter is studying Neuroscience and we pay about 31k with room and board. If my daughter had stayed home and gone to the University of Minnesota we would have paid $32k

Now, if you are from an average family and get into ND...and ND wants you there, you likely won't pay more than 25k/year. It would be cheaper to go to ND than Minnesota or Michigan...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12