Please Support Our Sponsors


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15
  1. #11
    Senior Member Irish Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    4,124

    Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishDodger View Post
    I think his given first name in Lincoln. Nobody assigns nicknames or shortens names like baseball players.
    Very true, though hockey players are up there in that category

    Member of the Irish Guard, GH Division

  2. #12
    Moderator IrishDodger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Bryant, Arkansas
    Posts
    17,358
    It’s early in the college baseball season, but still worth noting that Notre Dame is the #1 ranked team in the nation.

  3. #13
    Senior Member LOVEMYIRISH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    8,717
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishDodger View Post
    It’s early in the college baseball season, but still worth noting that Notre Dame is the #1 ranked team in the nation.
    Amazing! Honestly, I never thought I would see that again. (I barely remember it from 2001 tbh)

  4. #14
    Moderator IrishDodger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Bryant, Arkansas
    Posts
    17,358
    Quote Originally Posted by LOVEMYIRISH View Post
    Amazing! Honestly, I never thought I would see that again. (I barely remember it from 2001 tbh)
    As in every college sport…it’s all about the Head Coach. Title IX only affords 11.7 scholarships for baseball. I don’t know how these kids subsidize that other than their parents taking out steep loans. I’m sure there’s academic considerations but I gotta think most come from families who can afford to subsidize tuition or can qualify for loans.

    They’ve also had good fortune w/ transfers from other academic schools. They have three Friday starters in their rotation. Two came from other schools. Enjoy it while you can as ND baseball is a stepping stone in college. This guy will be at a warm weather school sooner rather than later.

  5. #15
    Senior Member LOVEMYIRISH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    8,717
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishDodger View Post
    As in every college sport…it’s all about the Head Coach. Title IX only affords 11.7 scholarships for baseball. I don’t know how these kids subsidize that other than their parents taking out steep loans. I’m sure there’s academic considerations but I gotta think most come from families who can afford to subsidize tuition or can qualify for loans.

    They’ve also had good fortune w/ transfers from other academic schools. They have three Friday starters in their rotation. Two came from other schools. Enjoy it while you can as ND baseball is a stepping stone in college. This guy will be at a warm weather school sooner rather than later.
    To be honest, college isn't really that expensive for a school that wants that kid to attend.

    My family qualifies as "well off"...my daughter got into 7 schools that were all Top75 ranked liberal arts schools...none were priced less than $50k/year on the website. Only ONE school she got into would have cost us more than 31k/year. (Oberlin came in high in comparison). My daughter is studying Neuroscience and we pay about 31k with room and board. If my daughter had stayed home and gone to the University of Minnesota we would have paid $32k

    Now, if you are from an average family and get into ND...and ND wants you there, you likely won't pay more than 25k/year. It would be cheaper to go to ND than Minnesota or Michigan...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. IrishIllustrated: Irish Hoops Announce Three Fall Signees ($)
    By Svoboda in forum Notre Dame News & Headlines
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-11-2015, 09:43 PM
  2. Irish Sports Daily: Brey Welcomes 2014 Signees ($)
    By Svoboda in forum Notre Dame News & Headlines
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-13-2013, 02:25 PM
  3. Irish Sports Daily: Irish Baseball Enjoying Early Success ($)
    By Svoboda in forum Notre Dame News & Headlines
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-28-2013, 09:20 AM
  4. Irish Sports Daily: 2013 Defensive Signees ($)
    By Svoboda in forum Notre Dame News & Headlines
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-05-2013, 11:41 PM
  5. Irish Sports Daily: 2013 Offensive Signees ($)
    By Svoboda in forum Notre Dame News & Headlines
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-05-2013, 11:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •