Please Support Our Sponsors

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Register to remove this advertisement
    Kelly should be driving a Bentley by then.

Updated.........

'13 TX DE Torrodney Prevot moved his OV to ND from this weekend (January 25th) to February 1st due to him visiting Texas A&M this weekend.

'13 TX TE Durham Smythe moved his OV to ND from the 1st of February to this weekend (January 25th).

Quote Originally Posted by zimmsbg78 View Post
    Updated.........

'13 TX DE Torrodney Prevot moved his OV to ND from this weekend (January 25th) to February 1st due to him visiting Texas A&M this weekend.

'13 TX TE Durham Smythe moved his OV to ND from the 1st of February to this weekend (January 25th).
    Pecking Order?
    :clover:"May the saddest day of your future be no worse than the happiest day of your past." ~Irish blessing:clover:

Quote Originally Posted by Synoptico View Post
    Pecking Order?
    Nope. ND wanted both of them to come this weekend, but Prevot had already committed to going to TAMU this weekend with his friend and HS teammate who is a TAMU commit.

Scratch LaRue
    :clover:"May the saddest day of your future be no worse than the happiest day of your past." ~Irish blessing:clover:

Looks like we may have one more spot in the class if this is accurate.

"- The outlook for tackle Tate Nichols is not as bright. Kelly said Nichols, who has encountered a slew of injuries since arriving in South Bend, may not be able to return to the field."

http://notredame.247sports.com/Artic...n-Kelly-113858

Not to be heartless, but let's get him his medical hardship status and bring in one more high quality recruit if we can. He did well to even sign with ND, coming is as the #101 OT and barely a 3-star in the 2010 class. But not, it's probably time for both Nichols and Notre Dame to realize football isn't his future, and give the opportunity to someone new.

Incidentally, reviewing the 2010 class reminded me that we picked up Matt James late in the recruiting cycle. Really too bad about that kid for his family and Notre Dame. I would imagine we'd have run to the right a few more times if James had been manning the Right Tackle spot with Lombard inside.
    Last edited by JDriveSthND; 01-29-2013 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JDriveSthND View Post
    Looks like we may have one more spot in the class if this is accurate.

"- The outlook for tackle Tate Nichols is not as bright. Kelly said Nichols, who has encountered a slew of injuries since arriving in South Bend, may not be able to return to the field."

http://notredame.247sports.com/Artic...n-Kelly-113858

Not to be heartless, but let's get him his medical hardship status and bring in one more high quality recruit if we can. He did well to even sign with ND, coming is as the #101 OT and barely a 3-star in the 2010 class. But not, it's probably time for both Nichols and Notre Dame to realize football isn't his future, and give the opportunity to someone new.

Incidentally, reviewing the 2010 class reminded me that we picked up Matt James late in the recruiting cycle. Really too bad about that kid for his family and Notre Dame. I would imagine we'd have run to the right a few more times if James had been manning the Right Tackle spot with Lombard inside.
    You talk as if this guy didn't have potential. Stanford was not happy about losing him to ND. Tate has physically grown into a monster and had very high expectations as the heir apparent OT. Losing him would be a loss for the program and I hope it doesn't have to happen, even though it appears likely at this point. He just grew too big too fast.
    "Doggonnit............The Lord gave you two legs, protect them" - Coach Hart

Quote Originally Posted by lowayne View Post
    You talk as if this guy didn't have potential. Stanford was not happy about losing him to ND. Tate has physically grown into a monster and had very high expectations as the heir apparent OT. Losing him would be a loss for the program and I hope it doesn't have to happen, even though it appears likely at this point. He just grew too big too fast.
    Don't get me wrong, I agree he had potential, but he's simply been too injury prone to realize that potential. Unfortunately, that's translated to being even more short handed at OL than we might have otherwise been.

Add to that the fact that there are positions like DT, where the cupboard will be completely empty once Nix and Schwenke graduate after next season, and it becomes all the more apparent that if ND can use Nichols' scholarship to bring in even a decent defensive tackle prospect, then the staff needs to do it at this point.

Class of 2013 Visitor List

He was a TE in high school and the plan was to grow him into an athletic and big tackle. Well, his body didn't like the growing. I hope he is happy and makes the most of his degree. I also hope he losses the weight he worked so hard to add. It's too bad. He was close to his dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by NDgrandson View Post
    He was a TE in high school and the plan was to grow him into an athletic and big tackle. Well, his body didn't like the growing. I hope he is happy and makes the most of his degree. I also hope he losses the weight he worked so hard to add. It's too bad. He was close to his dreams.
    Well, like you said he'll have his degree. I can think of a lot worse ending to a college career than walking out of the University of Notre Dame with a bachelor's degree. I certainly wish him all the best!

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021