http://rivals.yahoo.com/notredame/fo...-Browne-115733

http://247sports.com/Recruit/Max-Browne-12753

Height:6'5"
    Weight:202 lbs
    Class:2013 (High School)

Multimedia
    Rivals Video of Max Browne
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recrui...peG7tUbTsh7qB4

Max already holds verbal offers from Washington, Clemson, Cal and Utah. Receiving interest from ND, BYU, scUM, OU, Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford, U$C and Wisconsin. Max is camping at ND (June 23rd), scUM and Wisconsin. Max was teammates with past All-American's Jake Heaps (2010) and Kasen Williams (2011).

Past articles on Max...........

http://247sports.com/Article/Best-of...ke-Camp--25676 (free)

PALO ALTO, Calif.- Sunday’s Nike Football Training Camp on the campus of Stanford University featured many of the top prospects from the West for the Class of 2012 and a couple of 2013 standouts. This annual event is always talent-laden, but this year was particularly good as there were two five-stars and several Top247 prospects competing.

Here’s a look at the 20 best from the event (alphabetical order).

Max Browne, QB, Sammamish (Wash.) Skyline (Class of 2013)

Browne impressed at Friday’s Elite 11 workout and was even better on Sunday. He’s got great size at 6-foot-4 and throws an accurate ball. He also has good arm strength as most of his throws feature good velocity. Washington has issued an early offer, but don’t be surprised if the entire country is after him in the near future.
    http://247sports.com/Article/Best-of...Elite-11-25578 (free)

PALO ALTO, Calif.- Three of the nation’s top six pro-style quarterback prospects highlighted the competition at the Elite 11 Regional Workout on Friday evening on the campus of Stanford University.

6. Max Browne, Sammamish (Wash.) Skyline (Class of 2013)

Browne was the top underclassman at the event and is definitely a prospect to keep an eye on for the future. He had a huge sophomore season, where he threw for more than 4,000 yards, and showed a good arm, good footwork, size and polish on Friday. He performed well in the drills and it’s evident why he may be one of the top signal callers in the country for the next recruiting cycle. Browne has an early offer from Washington

http://247sports.com/Article/Nationa...alo-Alto-25748 (free)

PALO ALTO, Calif.- More odds and ends from this past weekend’s loaded Nike Football Training Camp and Elite 11 Regional Workout on the campus of Stanford University.

The Elite 11 featured the best group of signal callers at any camp this cycle. Zach Kline (Danville, Calif./San Ramon Valley), Connor Brewer (Paradise Valley, Ariz./Chaparral) Bart Houston (Concord, Calif./De La Salle) and Tanner Mangum (Eagle, Idaho) all are rated four stars or higher by 247Sports and are among the top pro-style quarterback prospects in the country. Throw in Iowa State commit Grant Rohach (Moorpark, Calif.) and promising 2013 prospect Max Browne (Sammamish, Wash/skyline) and it was an extremely impressive group of signal callers.

I watched a bit of the first film and i was quite impressed...#3 (WR) is Kasen Williams, right?

was very impressed by his film for soph QB...i would say it looked better than Kiel's film as a soph...he showed a powerful arm for someone so young and he could place the ball in some pretty tight windows...i also think he shows an effortless motion, meaning it doesn't look like he's throwing the ball hard but it's still getting there really fast...u can tell he's very tall and very skinny but he'll prolly be 220 lbs before he plays so his size is a big +

if he keeps progressing and chooses ND (assuming we offer which i think i just a formality at this point), the battles between him and shane morris (mich commit) for the top QB ranking and the on field battles should be something to watch

id honestly need to see some full game film to be really sure, this could either be a great prospect or another worley (QB with ridiculous stats that went to tennessee a class or two ago). I guess that isnt a bad floor though

Quote Originally Posted by wicket View Post
    id honestly need to see some full game film to be really sure, this could either be a great prospect or another worley (QB with ridiculous stats that went to tennessee a class or two ago). I guess that isnt a bad floor though
    his arm as a sophomore already looks stronger than worley's...worley always seemed to be laboring when he had to throw deep

Quote Originally Posted by a1ND View Post
    his arm as a sophomore already looks stronger than worley's...worley always seemed to be laboring when he had to throw deep
    there are just a few differnt types of throws on his highlights though. Ill give you the arm part though and I think he is already quite canny in the pocket for a kid that young

i'll say this about Gunner, when i saw his soph film, it certainly didn't blow me away, and then i saw his Jr film and it was better so he definitely improved and progressed as expected but i was still surprised he was ranked #1 QB in this class

i think Browne's soph film is better than gunner's soph film so let's see how he progresses in the next year

interesting...
    When elite junior Max Browne arrived at Notre Dame last week for camp the Irish issued him jersey No. 1 for the passing session in front of nearly the entire coaching staff
    http://notredame.rivals.com/barrier_...tid=&mid=&rid= (premium)

Wisconsin has verbally offered.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/re...d-standing-out (free)

It's looking like a very good year for quarterbacks out West in the Class of 2013 and one player to watch in particular is Max Browne (Sammamish, Wash./Skyline), who just picked up another Pac-12 offer.

Browne had the unenviable task of taking over at Skyline after former quarterback Jake Heaps moved on to BYU. Heaps led Skyline to three straight state titles and was regarded as one of the best quarterbacks the state has produced in the last decade.

Although Browne hasn't been able to duplicate Heaps' success on the field just yet, he's performing at a very high level and could potentially be an even better college prospect than his predecessor. Browne has a better frame, more arm strength and is a better all-around athlete and just needs the seasoning and polish that Heaps had before his game jumps to another level.

Scholarship offers have already come in from Cal, Clemson, Washington, Wisconsin and Utah and expect many more to follow.

"Colorado is my most recent offer," Browne said. "I talked to them recently and it went real good. Right now, I'm really focusing on our season. We just lost back to back games for the first time in I don't even know how long. This week we play our big rival, Issaquah (Wash.), who's 3-0 and really good so hopefully we can turn this around."

Even in the losses, Browne has impressed. He broke a school record last weekend when he threw for 459 yards and on the season, Browne has completed 80-of-105 passes (76 percent) for 955 yards and eight touchdowns.

On the recruiting front, Browne said he would like to take some unofficial visits in the spring and summer before making his decision. However, said three schools are standing out,

"Right now, my top three schools would be Oklahoma, USC and Stanford," Browne said. "With Oklahoma, I really like their passing offense and they have had some great success at the quarterback position. Jason White won a Heisman, Sam Bradford was the top pick in the draft and now Landry Jones is really lighting it up.

"USC is a school I really liked growing up. I never had a childhood favorite school or anything and even though my family grew up here in Washington, my parents actually were Idaho fans. So I didn't have a team I rooted for but when I played video games, I always played with USC. Plus it doesn't look like they're taking a quarterback in this year's class and that's pretty big.

"With Stanford, I went to their junior day last year and really liked it a lot. Just like with SC, it doesn't look like they're going to take a quarterback in this year's class and you really can't beat the academics. I know everyone always says how important academics are to them but I really mean it so there's a lot to like there."

The hometown Huskies were the first to offer Browne and continue to recruit him heavily but it looks like they could have some ground to make up.

"They offered me when I was just a freshman," Browne said. "I like the coaches a lot and the program is obviously going in the right direction. Coach [Steve] Sarkisian has definitely changed the culture there and I'm still going to give them a look for sure. They took two quarterbacks in this year's class and I would be lying if I said that wasn't a factor for me.

"It doesn't scare me away but at the same time, it's something you have to look at. I also like Michigan and Notre Dame a lot and visited both last summer. Michigan has Shane Morris (Warren, Mich./De La Salle) already committed and he's a great player. I'm not sure what Notre Dame's situation is right now but I have a high interest in them and might go visit there again next fall."

Max was named as one of the ten initial 5* on Rivals for the 2013 recruiting cycle............

Rivals.com Football Recruiting - The first five-stars: Max Browne (free)

Rivals.com has identified the first five-star prospects for the 2013 class and is unveiling them this week. Ten prospects have been awarded five-stars but are not ranked at this time and we will profile two each day. The next player to receive the five-star spotlight is Sammamish (Wash.) Skyline quarterback Max Browne.

Five stars: Max Browne

Max Browne, PQB, Sammamish (Wash.) Skyline

Attributes: 6-5, 202

Top schools: Browne has offers from Cal, Clemson, Colorado, Utah, Washington and Wisconsin and has interest from many others.

Scouting report: Browne threw for 4,034 yards with 45 touchdowns and seven interceptions in his junior season and helped lead Skyline to an 11-3 record and the state championship. As a sophomore, Browne had 4,182 passing yards and 50 touchdowns after taking over for four-star Jake Heaps, who was a senior when Browne was a freshman. The Skyline standout shined at the Palo Alto NIKE Camp and was arguably one of the top quarterbacks at that event regardless of age or class. He also looked great at the Seattle NIKE Camp this past off-season. There are not many quarterbacks in the 2012 or 2013 class who are as polished and look as comfortable as Browne in the pocket. He has backed up his abilities by putting up big statistics in his sophomore and junior seasons. Browne has great arm strength, he can throw on the run accurately and he is smart with his vision and misdirection, keeping safeties off guard.

Analyst's take: "Browne already has a big reputation after throwing for more than 4,000 yards with 50 touchdowns as a sophomore and backed it up as a junior putting up great stats again. His throwing motion is excellent, he spins it very well and although he's thin there is a lot of power behind his passes. He has an advanced understanding of his position. Whether one sees him at a camp or on film, Browne has a great handle for the position, knows how to make all the throws and even when he's flushed out of the pocket, plays with calmness and patience. There is no question that Browne is one of the best quarterbacks that we've seen in this class." - Adam Gorney, West Analyst, Rivals.com

Why he's a five-star: "Rivals.com is tougher on quarterbacks more than any other recruiting website when it comes to five-star status, but this kid has all the tools. The only thing he needs to do is fill out his frame, but as far as his field vision, footwork, arm strength, accuracy as well as the little things high school prospects rarely have like the ability to look off defenders and read defenses with a high football IQ, Browne is the full package. He could be better than any of the 2012 pro-style quarterbacks already and that's saying something." - Mike Farrell, National Analyst, Rivals.com

His coach says: "The real true marking when we knew he was going to be really, really good was in the quarterfinals of his freshman year, he played the entire second half because we were up on a team 49-0 at halftime. They had their starters in the whole game and they were very, very talented. Max stepped up in the pocket and delivered a corner route to the receiver and just got drilled by a kid that ended up going to Portland State and I remember talking in my headphones to the guys upstairs saying he's going to be special. That's pretty gutsy for a 14-year-old kid to just step up like that." - Skyline coach Mat Taylor

Odds and ends: Skyline's offense scored double digits in all of its games this season even in losses to Bellevue, Wash., (31-17) and Lake Oswego, Ore., (56-46) and the team averaged more than 319 passing yards per game. In his freshman season, Browne backed up Heaps and played in 10 of 14 games. He and Taylor cite that as a great learning experience leading into outstanding sophomore and junior seasons. Browne is the fourth brother in his family to play at Skyline.

NFL player comparison: Peyton Manning, Indianapolis Colts

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast