Not a Supporting Member?

Become a Gold Club Supporting Member to remove this box and all other advertisments! Only $15 per year. Click HERE for more info!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Gold Club Member Purebred Irishman's Avatar

'12 NV OT Ronnie Stanley (12/15/11 Notre Dame LOI)

Register to remove this advertisement
    Offensive Tackle
    Bishop Gorman High School (Las Vegas, NV)

Links of Interest:
    Rivals Profile

Height: 6 foot-7
    Weight: 285 lbs.
    Forty:
    Bench Max:
    Squat Max:
    Shuttle:
    Vertical:
    GPA: 3.7

Multimedia

http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recr...ontact-with-nd

When looking at Notre Dame's roster, you will see some of the top players from around the nation with almost each state being represented. One state the Irish haven't had much luck in is Nevada and it isn't for lack of trying. The Irish already have their eyes on a few of the elite prospects from the “The Silver State,” and one of those 2012 prospects is offensive lineman Ronnie Stanley (Las Vegas , Nev./ Bishop Gorman).

“I get a lot of mail from Notre Dame,” said the Nevada offensive lineman. “I've also been talking to coach (Mike) Denbrock recently. He's been talking about how he thinks I fit well in their offense and how it's a great place to be. I'm supposed to call him pretty soon because he says he needs to talk to me about something.

“I think they might be offering me pretty soon.”

The Irish aren't the only school that's interested in the 6-foot-6, 285-pound junior.

“I have 11 offers right now from some good schools,” said Stanley. “The ones I have are Arizona, Arkansas, Arizona State, California, USC, Utah, UCLA, Oregon State, Washington, Illinois, and Nebraska.

“I was just at the Nike training camp in California, and the day before that I took an unofficial to USC,” he said. “I also visited Arizona for their junior day and that was a good visit.”

Recruiters are always looking for offensive linemen who are athletic and have that mean streak to go with it. These are the exact traits that Stanley has been blessed with.

“I bring an intimidation and physical factor when I step on the field,” he claimed. “I also try to bring the leadership factor for my team. I'm one of the players who has been on the team the longest and I know what my coach wants and expects from the team.”

Stanley has already eyed some goals he hopes to accomplish this season with his team and on a personal level.

“The goal I set personally is to be the number one-ranked player at my position,” said the highly touted lineman. “Team-wise I’d like to try to win the national championship with my high school team. That has always been a goal for me.”

With the junior attracting so much attention from college recruiters, Stanley plans to take plenty of time to enjoy the process and make sure he has all the facts before making a decision.

“I'll probably narrow down my list after I take all my visits,” the Bishop Gorman standout said. “I need to get to know my offensive line coach and the head coach and get used to where I might be playing my next four years.

“This will be one of the most importance decisions I’ll ever have to make, and I want to make sure I make the right one.”

One school he definitely knows could be life-changing resides in South Bend.

“I'm definitely hoping to get up to Notre Dame for a visit this year,” said the Nevada star. “It definitely is a school of great interest to me. I'm just not sure when that's going to be because of my schedule.”
    Last edited by irishunclebill; 04-13-2011 at 09:48 AM.
    All winning teams are goal-oriented. Teams like these win consistently because everyone connected with them concentrates on specific objectives. They go about their business with blinders on; nothing will distract themfrom achieving their aims.

- Lou Holtz, former Notre Dame football coach

http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recr...ll-recruiting/

A couple days ago offensive lineman Ronnie Stanley (Las Vegas, Nev. /Bishop Gorman) told Irish Sports Daily he thought he’d be getting an offer from Notre Dame soon. Well, he was right.

His prediction became reality Thursday night as the Irish became the 13th school to offer standout offensive lineman.

http://247sports.com/Article/425-Not...the-West-23579 (free)

Auburn made a couple of offers out West to lineman Ronnie Stanley (Bishop Gorman, Las Vegas) and Zach Banner (Lakes, Wash.) last week. Both expressed an interest in the reigning champs, with Banner saying "Wow, that's big," of the offer. Stanley was at the UCLA spring game on Saturday.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4P8OXGffCY[/ame]
    All winning teams are goal-oriented. Teams like these win consistently because everyone connected with them concentrates on specific objectives. They go about their business with blinders on; nothing will distract themfrom achieving their aims.

http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recr...to-be-the-best

To offensive lineman Ronnie Stanley (Las Vegas, Nev./ Bishop Gorman) football has always seem to come easy to him, even at a young age.

“I started playing football when I was about five years old,” said Stanley. “Even though it was new to me, I loved to play the game. The only difference from then and now is that I played wide receiver then.

“When I moved up to middle school, everything still seemed to go pretty well. I was doing a lot of stuff that would've been hard for other people fairly easily. Don't get me wrong, it took me a little to get used to at first, but once I got into it, everything just came naturally, but not without a lot of hard work.”

Little did the junior realize that when he would reach high school, he would be in for a rude awakening concerning the skill level of those players.

“High school actually was a really big step up for me,” said the Bishop Gorman star. “That first game was a very big wake-up call and I knew I had to pick it up if I wanted to be successful. That's when I really started focusing on what I had to do and from there, things started to get easier and easier.”

That's when the unbelievable happened for the 6-foot-6, 280-pound junior.

“I never really thought I would ever give a Division-I offer until I finally received one,” confessed Stanley. “We had a lot of Division-I recruits on our team at that time being recruited, and I had no idea that anyone was looking at me until I got that first offer from Utah.

“I was in absolute shock when I got that offer because I was never really expecting anything ever. After letting it sink in a bit, I realized that I could really work hard and get better and make this thing a whole lot bigger. That's when I realized I wanted to take it to the next level.”

How big could he get? Let's just say offers from Arizona, Arkansas, Auburn, California, Illinois, Missouri, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oregon, Oregon State, UCLA, USC, Utah and Washington for starts. Not bad for a kid who thought this would never be possible.

“Now that I look back on everything that's happening, I can't believe I'm considered one of the top recruits in my state,” he said. “I just thought I'd be an ordinary guy, but I guess all the hard work is paying off and I'm glad it is.”

Bishop Gorman head coach Tony Sanchez has definitely been a guiding light for the young prospect and has always been there with his words of wisdom to comfort the young star.

“In my football journey, I would have to say that my coach has been my biggest influence,” said the talented lineman. “He's really helped me out with recruiting because once it really started heating up, I didn't know what I should do. When I would talk to coaches on the phone, I wouldn’t know what to say because I was so nervous. Coach Sanchez's advice to me was to just relax and enjoy the process because it only happens once in your life.”

Sanchez will also be looking for Stanley to be a role model for his team and that's a task he's more than happy to accept.

“I'm looking forward to taking on the leadership role for my team this year,” claimed the Bishop Gorman product. “We only had one senior on our offense last year, so I kind of had a big leadership role last year already seeing that I was one of the returning starters.”

Even knowing he is considered one of the top linemen in the nation, Stanley isn’t content to stay stationary because he knows he can move up the ranks and possibly be the best.

“I take a lot of pride in my blocking because we put a lot of work into learning our techniques, blocks, steps and how we throw our hands,” he said. “I just want to keep getting better until I'm considered one of the best at my position. It might seem kind of arrogant, but I plan to keep on working until I'm at the point where I've accomplished what I want to accomplish, but I still have a long way to go.”

With different college coaches arriving every day in Las Vegas, the four-star prospect received a visit from Notre Dame last week, which he was definitely happy to see.

“Coach (Mike) Denbrock and Coach (Ed) Warinner stop by my school last week,” he said. “I really didn't get to talk to them, but they talked to my coach a lot. I had a lot of questions for them about Notre Dame that my coach asked for me, and I was very satisfied with the answers they gave him.”

Did that help the Irish in any way with Stanley?

“I don't really have a top five or top 10 because I'm considering all the schools, but Notre Dame is still a school I'm very interested in,” said the powerful lineman. “I love their tradition and I like the fact that they can choose who they want to play on their schedule when they want to. It's one of my top schools of choice right now, but I'm still wide open.”

Miami has verbally offered.

http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recr...rrow-list-soon

Four-star offensive lineman Ronnie Stanley is definitely feeling the love from college recruiters around the nation. Sitting on over 20 offers from schools like Notre Dame, Arizona, Auburn, California, Florida, Miami, Nebraska, Oregon, UCLA, USC, Utah and Washington, the possibilities seem endless as to where he might end up when it's all said and done.

“Recruiting-wise everything seems to be going pretty well right now,” said Stanley. “All the schools that have offered me are showing me a lot of interest and have been sending me a lot of mail when they can't have contact with me.”

The 6-foot-6, 285-pound prospect from Las Vegas understands at some point he'll have to make that tough decision on where he plans to attend college and he's already started making plans on when he needs to cut down his choices.

“I'm planning on starting to narrow my list down sometime this month,” claimed Stanley. “I have over 20 offers right now and I plan on narrowing it down to 13 schools.”

One school that looks to be in good shape of making the lucky 13 is Notre Dame.

“From what I'm hearing, Notre Dame still likes me a lot and they really feel I can fit into their system,” said the Bishop Gorman lineman. “They really want me to make a visit there so that I can see it for myself.”

Not only have the Irish been recruiting Stanley, but they've also had their eye on Bishop Gorman’s starting running back also and both players will be making the trip to Fresno, Calif., later this week to showcase their talents.

“I'll be going to the same camp as Shaquille Powell this week,” said the Bishop Gorman star. “Not only will it be us, it will be our whole team going up to Fresno.”

What does Stanley think about his team's talented ball carrier?

“He always has a way of getting us out of some of the worst situations,” said Stanley about Powell. “I always have faith that something good will happen whenever the ball’s in his hands. Not only do I play with him, but I've also played against him and trust me, he's very hard to take down. One thing you'll learn about him is he'll always fight for that extra yard.”

With the talented lineman’s summer just getting ready to begin, a number of visits will be planned, and the Irish hope that South Bend will be one of those destinations.

“I'm really hoping that I can make a visit there this summer,” said the Nevada standout. “Even though I'd like that to happen, I'm not sure exactly when that would fit my schedule. We'll have to see.”

http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recr...e-stanleys-cut

Even with Erik Magnuson and Kyle Dodson committing to different programs this past weekend, Notre Dame is still sitting quite well with a number of the nation’s top offensive linemen in the 2012 class, including Bishop Gorman's (Las Vegas) Ronnie Stanley.

Stanley is currently ranked 39th in the nation at his position by ESPN and received his verbal offer from the Irish back in early April. At the time of our last discussion a few weeks ago, Stanley was sitting on approximately 23 offers, but that number keeps growing.

“Even though its summertime, recruiting has still been going really well for me,” said the Bishop Gorman star. “I have about 30 offers right now and Florida State, Miami and Oklahoma are the newest schools to offer me recently.”

The talented trench warrior has been getting some much deserved recognition by a number of recruiting services around the nation and with that type of publicity comes a number of expectations.

“Being ranked by all of these recruiting sites definitely puts some pressure on me this year to perform,” said Stanley. “Now that I'm getting all this recognition it kind of feels like there's a target on my back, but I welcome the challenge. It just means I have to perform and be at my best at all times.”

The 6-foot-6, 285-pound tackle is in the process of eliminating schools to get his list to a more manageable number. He feels if he can do that, he can do his due diligence when researching each program.

“I haven't narrowed down my list yet, but I'm getting close to doing it,” claimed the four-star offensive lineman. “I plan on having it narrowed down in July to about 10 to 13 schools and I already know a few that are going to make that cut.

“Notre Dame is definitely one of those schools.”

With Stanley's deadline coming soon, a number of college recruiters have been hoping to get him on their campuses before he makes his decision, but it's starting to look as though only his top schools will receive visits once he's made his cuts.

“I don't believe I'll be doing any camps, but I am in the process of deciding what visits I'm going to take,” said the Nevada standout. “Right now, I'm just trying to figure out which places I want to visit and how much time I'll have to take those visits.”

With the Irish sounding like they will be one of those final schools, can they expect the Nevada prospect to be visiting South Bend soon?

“I'm still going to try to visit Notre Dame this year when I can,” said Stanley. “Right now, it's looking like it will be an official visit, but if I can, I'm going to try to make an unofficial one also.”

Am i crazy or is it hard to believe a guy can be the 39th ranked guy at his position and still be a 4 star? seems like if you almost 40th at your position you're a mid 3-star.
    If you're Lucky enough to be Irish, then you're Lucky enough.

he's ranked 17th among OTs on rivals and 14th on Scout and is a 4 star on both services. It seems like a really deep year for OT, which is great for us. Scout's 36th best OT is the last 4 star (last year the lowest 4 star was 29th). Rivals has 37 4 or 5 stars this year compared to 26 last year.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast