Please Support Our Sponsors

'12 PA WR Eugene Lewis (Penn State LOI)

Register to remove this advertisement
    Wide Receiver
    Wyoming Valley High School (Plymouth, PA)

Links of Interest:
    Rivals Profile

Height: 6 foot-2
    Weight: 181 lbs.
    Forty: 4.57
    Bench Max:
    Squat Max:
    Shuttle:
    Vertical:
    GPA:

Multimedia
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtTSlIDjLFE[/ame]

Boston College, Connecticut, Illinois, Louisville, Maryland, Michigan State, North Carolina State, Northwestern, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, South Carolina, Vanderbilt, Virginia and Virginia Tech have offered Eugene. Bama, Arizona, Oklahoma and Oregon are also showing interest, and ND is also starting to show interest.

Lewis played QB as a Junior and he threw for 1,300 yards, ran for 1,200 and accounted for 30 total touchdowns, but he is being recruited by everyone as a WR which was his primary position as a Sophomore.

Senior Member Purebred Irishman's Avatar
    http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recr...est-in-penn-wr

Eugene Lewis already has several scholarship offers, but the 6-foot-3, 190-pounder from Plymouth, Pa. (Wyoming Valley West High School) isn’t ready to start focusing on any in particular, according to his head coach.

“He’s nowhere near even narrowing it down, he really wants to get out and see places,” Wyoming Valley West head coach Pat Keating said.

That could be a good thing for Notre Dame, who has yet to offer. Lewis does currently sport offers from Boston College, Connecticut, Illinois, Louisville, Maryland, Michigan State, North Carolina State, Northwestern, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, South Carolina, Vanderbilt, Virginia and Virginia Tech.

Oklahoma is showing interest and some West Coast schools have started to show interest with Oregon and Arizona reaching out to Keating recently.

Notre Dame offensive coordinator was at Wyoming Valley West in January and saw Lewis play in a basketball game. Molnar explained the Irish wouldn’t be as quick to pull the trigger as some other schools, which Keating understood.

“Coach Molnar said that they would probably take a little bit longer due to the fact that they recruit the entire country while a lot of schools do recruit regionally,” said Keating. “He was up front about that, but when we left after watching him, he spoke very highly of him and he was very, very impressed with him. I didn’t know exactly what point in time I might hear from him.”

Lewis, who has been timed at 4.57 in the 40-yard dash, is being recruited as a receiver, but played quarterback as Wyoming Valley installed the spread this past season. As a sophomore, Lewis caught 31 passes for 800 yards and 11 touchdowns while rushing for 400 yards and throwing a pair of touchdown passes. Playing quarterback as a junior, he threw for 1,300 yards, ran for 1,200 and accounted for 30 total touchdowns.

“He’s an athlete, but he’s definitely getting recruited as a wide receiver,” Keating said. “He’s an elusive player. He’s got a tremendous vertical. When the ball’s in the air, it’s his football. He’s very good in space. He’s very fluid with his motions and he’s pretty graceful as far as going up and getting the ball. He’s got great balance.”

Lewis has already visited Connecticut, Penn State and Pittsburgh. Lewis was impressed by all three and his father played at Pitt for one season in the 80s. Still, Lewis expects to hit the road again now that basketball season is over

“He’s going to head out through the spring and summer,” said Keating.

Keating said sports has prevented Lewis from venturing too far away from home, but they’re planning a coastal trip this spring followed by a trip west this summer. The head coach said he wouldn’t be surprised if his star player used all of his official visits to check out more schools in the fall.

“He’s a smart kid, so academics are going to play a role in everything,” Keating said. “I think he’s definitely going to try to find a place that really fits him. I think he’s intrigued by the spread and the no-huddle type offenses and being able to get the ball in his hands. He wants to go to some place where he can show his talents.”
    All winning teams are goal-oriented. Teams like these win consistently because everyone connected with them concentrates on specific objectives. They go about their business with blinders on; nothing will distract themfrom achieving their aims.

- Lou Holtz, former Notre Dame football coach

http://247sports.com/Article/Best-of...te-NFTC--24199 (free)

Eugene Lewis, WR, Plymouth (Pa.) Wyoming Valley West

Like Caleb, most of the film on Lewis is as a quarterback, but he worked out at receiver, where the colleges project him, on Saturday. The first thing that stands out about Lewis is his size. He has long arms, big hands and a big frame, which combined with his explosiveness make him a handful to cover. Dozens of programs have offered. We feel Penn State is the team to beat with South Carolina, Virginia Tech and Virginia all in the mix as well.
    http://247sports.com/Article/Penn-St...ng-Notes-24183 (free)

-Wide receiver Eugene Lewis (Plymouth, Pa./Wyoming Valley West) has more than 20 verbal offers with three schools standing out- Penn State, Virginia Tech and South Carolina. Lewis plans to visit Maryland soon unofficially.
    Last edited by zimmsbg78; 05-02-2011 at 07:21 AM.

Senior Member Purebred Irishman's Avatar
    http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recr...ested-in-pa-wr

The recruiting game can often be one of phone tag between prospects and college coaches, but even when the two parties do hook up, sometimes it’s still hard to work everything out.

Notre Dame assistant Charley Molnar and Plymouth, Pa., (Wyoming Valley West High School) wide receiver Eugene Lewis missed each other’s phone calls a couple of times before finally getting on the phone Wednesday night.

The 6-foot-3, 190-pound Lewis played receiver as a sophomore before playing quarterback in his school’s spread offense last season. As a 10th-grader, Lewis caught 31 passes for 800 yards and 11 touchdowns while rushing for 400 yards and throwing a pair of touchdown passes. He threw for 1,300 yards, ran for 1,200 and accounted for 30 total touchdowns as a junior.

Lewis currently has scholarship offers from Boston College, Connecticut, Illinois, Louisville, Maryland, Michigan State, North Carolina State, Northwestern, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, South Carolina, Vanderbilt, Virginia, Virginia Tech, and Wisconsin. On Wednesday night, Molnar told Lewis that the best way for him to earn an Irish offer would be to attend Notre Dame’s one-day camp later this month.

“He was asking if there was anyway I could down to the camp at Notre Dame,” said Lewis. “He was saying that the coaching staff likes my film, but they really like to get players down to their camp to see them in person.”

Unfortunately, Lewis doesn’t think he’ll be able to make it.

“As of right now, probably not,” he said. “He said he’s not saying he’s not going to continue trying to recruit me. He was just saying if I’m interested in them, he just wants me to keep in contact with them and if I could try to make the camp, that’d be great.”

Lewis plans on trimming his list soon and without an offer on the table, it could be difficult for Notre Dame to remain in the mix.

“I’m trying to make my top five by the end of this month,” he said. “I’m just in the process of checking out all of the schools and seeing what each one has to offer me.”

Penn State and Virginia Tech are likely to make the cut, but Lewis is still undecided on the other three.

“Penn State, I really like the coaches,” he said. “I like the places up there and everything they have to offer. I went to one of Virginia Tech’s practices and I love the way they practice. It’s just a beautiful place.”

Lewis plans on getting out to see a couple more schools before announcing his top five and - like he said - as of now, it doesn’t sound like South Bend will be one of those destinations.
    All winning teams are goal-oriented. Teams like these win consistently because everyone connected with them concentrates on specific objectives. They go about their business with blinders on; nothing will distract themfrom achieving their aims.

- Lou Holtz, former Notre Dame football coach

Commited to State Penn.