Please Support Our Sponsors

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Register to remove this advertisement
    I am just excited to see if there will be a The Mystery Visitor this year. HARRRRRR
    "Doggonnit............The Lord gave you two legs, protect them" - Coach Hart

I guess it is an ok list but it there are only what....5 guys that we consider really big time. 5 out a spring game. that just seems weak. I know BK and his guys do a great job recruiting (evidence 2010 class). but this is more like ending the spring with a whimper rather than a Bang!
    If you're Lucky enough to be Irish, then you're Lucky enough.

Another way to look at it with the low number of "high profile" guys is that the staff will be able to roll out the red carpet for those guys and give them a lot of attention rather than having to spread it around to a lot of guys.

I'm pretty happy with the list (minus Marshall scratching). Treggs seems really interested and is a guy I would love for ND to land. ND is in great position with Darby and he could pop if he enjoys the visit. Baratti is coming for his second visit. If those 2 commit we will have 3 DB commits which is an area of need for ND. Schutt is also a bit of a nice surprise as it didn't seem like there was a lot of interest there.

ND could possibly land 3-4 guys this weekend and the following weeks which would be a very successful Spring game.

Quote Originally Posted by lowayne View Post
    I am just excited to see if there will be a The Mystery Visitor this year. HARRRRRR
    Dude there's a TSV every year.
    Irish Guard - GH Division

http://247sports.com/Article/Nationa...-weekend-22360 (free)

Notre Dame was one of the big storylines in college football recruiting during the 2011 cycle- the Fighting Irish signed one of the top defensive line classes in the country and finished with the nation’s No. 8 overall class.

This weekend is an opportunity for the Irish to start to make similar waves in 2012. They will have dozens of unofficial visitors on campus for their annual Blue-Gold Game.

Athlete Ronald Darby (Potomac, Md./Oxon Hill) is one of the fastest prospects in the country. He’s been timed consistently at below 4.4 seconds in the 40-yard dash and could play cornerback, safety or running back in college and also contribute in the return game. Heading into the unofficial visit, the Fighting Irish are in good shape and have the opportunity to really make an impression on the nation’s No. 64 overall prospect.

The most likely visitor to commit to Notre Dame this weekend is safety Nick Baratti (Spring, Texas/Klein Oak). The 6-foot-2, 215-pounder, who has a double digit offer count, could grow into an outside linebacker in college and has sub-4.6 speed in the 40. 

The Irish also are in good shape for the top prospect from the state of Iowa in this class, wide receiver Amara Darboh (West Des Moines/Dowling Catholic). The 6-foot-2, 205-pounder is the nation’s No. 148 overall prospect and the No. 15 receiver.

Notre Dame also is in good shape with wide receivers Justin Ferguson (Hollywood, Fla./Flanagan), Bryce Treggs (Bellflower, Calif./St. John Bosco) and Kodi Whitfield (Los Angeles, Calif./Loyola). Ferguson and Treggs have been offered by the Irish while Whitfield is receiving high interest. All will be on campus this weekend.

Four-star defensive tackle Tommy Schutt (Glen Ellyn, Ill./Glenbard West) and four-star outside linebacker Se’von Pittman (Canton, Ohio/McKinley), both members of The247, are also among the highlighted visitors.

For more in-depth coverage of the Notre Dame spring game and the big visit weekend in South Bend, be sure to visit
    BlueandGold.com.

Southern Irish quote:

I guess it is an ok list but it there are only what....5 guys that we consider really big time. 5 out a spring game. that just seems weak. I know BK and his guys do a great job recruiting (evidence 2010 class). but this is more like ending the spring with a whimper rather than a Bang!

And while I understand what you are saying, I'm just curious as to how many "big time" recruits made it to last years spring game? IE... Tuitt, Lynch, Williams, Golson, Koyack, Councell, Daniels, Hegarty, Atkinson brothers.... etc.

I really don't know of those guys who made it and didn't last year. I'm assuming not all of those guys did, so even with a low turnout don't doubt what can happen down the road. Not that you are doubting, but just trying put a positive spin on the wonderful world of recruiting. : )
    Last edited by NotreDameNate; 04-15-2011 at 01:42 PM.
    KeiVarae Russell: "When the coaches told me over the next few days in the film room that I was gonna start I was like Uh Oh.

Visitors last year, as per the 2011 visits thread:
    April 24- Blue-Gold Game
    MI K Kyle Brinzda- Verbal Commit- Unofficial Visit
    OH DE Brad Carrico- Verbal Commit- Unofficial Visit
    IL WR Davaris Daniels- Offered- Unofficial Visit
    OH LB Sean Duggan- Prospect- Unofficial Visit
    GA LB Justin Garrett- Prospect- Unofficial Visit
    OH LB Jarrett Grace- Verbal Commit- Unofficial Visit
    CT OG Conor Hanratty- Verbal Commit- Unofficial Visit
    PA TE Ben Koyack- Offered- Unofficial Visit
    IN OT Nick Martin- Prospect- Unofficial Visit
    IN OT Tony Springmann- Verbal Commit- Unofficial Visit
    IL OG Jordan Walsh- Prospect- Unofficial Visit
    "Doggonnit............The Lord gave you two legs, protect them" - Coach Hart

actually, pretty similar. this year might even be better.
    If you're Lucky enough to be Irish, then you're Lucky enough.

wouldn't mind a similar ratio of commits out of this year's list

Quote Originally Posted by lowayne View Post
    Visitors last year, as per the 2011 visits thread:
    April 24- Blue-Gold Game
    MI K Kyle Brinzda- Verbal Commit- Unofficial Visit
    OH DE Brad Carrico- Verbal Commit- Unofficial Visit
    IL WR Davaris Daniels- Offered- Unofficial Visit
    OH LB Sean Duggan- Prospect- Unofficial Visit
    GA LB Justin Garrett- Prospect- Unofficial Visit
    OH LB Jarrett Grace- Verbal Commit- Unofficial Visit
    CT OG Conor Hanratty- Verbal Commit- Unofficial Visit
    PA TE Ben Koyack- Offered- Unofficial Visit
    IN OT Nick Martin- Prospect- Unofficial Visit
    IN OT Tony Springmann- Verbal Commit- Unofficial Visit
    IL OG Jordan Walsh- Prospect- Unofficial Visit
    Last year, only three came from further than one state away. Should have more than that this year (I hope).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast