Please Support Our Sponsors

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

'12 NC RB Chris Mangus (Verbal Offer/ Va. Tech LOI)

Register to remove this advertisement
    Running Back
    Broughton High School (Raleigh, NC)

Links of Interest:
    Rivals Profile

Height: 5 foot-11
    Weight: 170 lbs.
    Forty: 4.46
    Bench Max:
    Squat Max:
    Shuttle: 4.49
    Vertical: 31 in.
    GPA: 3.0

Multimedia
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se4Lr_iGjwc[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK-jVmF07QY[/ame]

Chris has picked up an Irish offer to add to his other offers from East Carolina, Memphis and Duke. He is also hearing from Clemson, UGA, Ga. Tech, Maryland, Nebraska, UNC, North Carolina State, Virginia, and Va. Tech.

Lots of discrepancies on his speed numbers, with forty times ranging from 4.4 to 4.6, and shuttle times ranging from 4.21 to 4.49. Chris also claims to have run a 10.46 hand timed 100. Where is Mojo when you need him. In any case despite rushing for 2,500 yards and 26 TD's as a Soph & Junior, ND is recruiting him as a slot WR.

Looks quite good in open space a la Theo's highlights from HS

Senior Member Purebred Irishman's Avatar
    http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recr...ecks-on-mangus

Notre Dame certainly caught Chris Mangus’ attention when the Irish offered him a scholarship back in March, but Mike Elston’s visit to Broughton High School in Raleigh, N.C., on Monday showed Mangus even more.

“That means a lot to me,” the 5-foot-11, 175-pound athlete said of Elston’s visit. “Just for them to come all of the way down to North Carolina to see me, that was great. I was very excited to see him.”

Elston wasn’t allowed to speak directly to Mangus other than to say hello, but he did watch him work out and got the chance to speak with his head coach.

“He asked my coach when I was going to be able to make it there, but I didn’t really get the chance to talk to him,” said Mangus. “Me and my family are going to make a family trip up there, probably sometime in late-spring or early-summer.”
    All winning teams are goal-oriented. Teams like these win consistently because everyone connected with them concentrates on specific objectives. They go about their business with blinders on; nothing will distract themfrom achieving their aims.

- Lou Holtz, former Notre Dame football coach

Mangus now up to eight............Virginia verbally offered.

Clemson has verbally offered.

Named a current top four of ND, Clemson, Virginia and UGA.

Virginia Tech has verbally offered.

Banned
    On campus today said he got a good vibe from the Irish.

http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recr...-in-a-good-way

Mangus: ND Different In A Good Way
    Chris Mangus got his first look at Notre Dame’s campus on Thursday and one word he used to describe it was ‘different.’

“Different in a good way,” the Raleigh, N.C., native clarified. “It’s just different, but I liked it.”

Mangus, his grandfather and head coach arrived at Notre Dame at 9:30 Thursday morning for their visit.

“We took a tour of the whole campus, talked to all of the coaches, talked to some of the players,” Mangus said. “I talked to the athletic academic advisor. We went out to lunch at the dining hall. We went in the Gug, we also saw Touchdown Jesus. We went into the Basilica. That’s pretty much it.

“I enjoyed it. I had a great time. It was different. It had its own vibe, different from most colleges.”

The 5-foot-11, 170-pound Mangus was offered by Notre Dame back in March as an athlete, but the Irish coaches made it clear they know where they want to use him.

“We pretty much talked about football and academics,” he said of the Notre Dame coaching staff. “They talked about how they really need a running back from my class and how they really want me to come and make an impact on their team. I’d have the opportunity to get playing time early.”

Mangus also got the chance to speak with Jonas Gray and a fellow Raleigh native.”

“I talked to the other running back, Jonas. I spoke to Kendall Moore. He’s from Raleigh, he played at Southeast though,” said Mangus, who plays at Broughton School. “I briefly met some of the other players.”

Mangus didn’t have a long conversation with Moore, but plans to catch up again with him soon.

“I told him I’d talk to him later, hit him up on Facebook or something,” said Mangus. “We weren’t really friends, but we’re cool.”

Gray also gave Mangus his number and told him not to hesitate to use it.

“Jonas was saying if there was anything I wanted to ask, any questions or concerns about Notre Dame, just hit him up, call him or text him or anything,” Mangus said.

Mangus enjoyed his visit, “It impressed me a lot.”

Mangus will visit Virginia this Sunday and hopes to visit other schools this summer before making a decision. He also has offers from Clemson, Duke, East Carolina, Memphis, Minnesota, North Carolina State, Virginia Tech and Wake Forest.

“I don’t think I’m ready to commit anywhere yet,” he said. “Right now I’m just looking at all of my options. I’ll commit whenever I feel comfortable and ready.”
    Last edited by IrishFan123; 06-09-2011 at 07:25 PM.

http://247sports.com/Article/SMSB-Washington-DC-29595 (free)

Clemson and Virginia out in front by a hair

The top performer on offense was class of 2012 running back Chris Mangus of Raleigh (N.C.) Broughton.

The 5-foot-11, 175-pound Mangus made everything look easy, smoothly moving through footwork drills and displaying soft hands while bursting past every linebacker that tried to cover him. A possible four-star in the next rankings, Mangus has sub 4.4 (handheld) speed in the 40-yard dash, and over 10 scholarship offers.

Two schools lead by a hair.

“Clemson, I went there for their spring game and I enjoyed it,” Mangus said. “I talk to their coaches a lot. Coach (Robbie) Caldwell and Coach (Tony) Elliott the running backs coach, I have a pretty good relationship with those guys. They’re good coaches, down to earth and I really like Clemson. It’s a nice campus.

“Virginia, I went down their two weeks ago and I spoke to Coach (Mike) London and what he had to say was great. Their campus is pretty and they have a good academic program.”

A few other schools remain in the mix for Mangus. He’ll visit Virginia Tech on July 9 and return to Clemson on July 16. He’s aiming to make a decision before the start of his senior season.

Doesn't look good for ND

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast