Please Support Our Sponsors

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Register to remove this advertisement
    Shit, BK fires me up!!! U know our boys aren't questioning their ability to beat Bama...I love it.

I don't know if Fauria gained more respect for ND b/c of his nephew (or is Joseph his cuz?) originally going to South Bend, but I've noticed him sticking by ND in practically every game this season. For an ESPN guy, I'll take it.

Pawwwwwl Finebaum definitely has a face for radio. He's a UT alum, yet still considers himself a Bammer.

Last night sucked, but I will not let that define our season. Hats off to everyone on the team. Feel bad for Kap as I'm hearing it's a pretty serious knee injury. I will miss the seniors, that I know! With all that said....

Thank you! I've thoroughly enjoyed this year and you made us all proud to be fans. Hang your head high, boys! You have a lot to be proud of!

Go Irish! Fight on!
    KeiVarae Russell: "When the coaches told me over the next few days in the film room that I was gonna start I was like ‘Uh Oh’.”

Community Moderator stonebreakerwasgod's Avatar
    Pitt sure as hell aint bama. Neither is BC, Wake, Navy, Purdont.
    Proud of our guys, but players and staff have work to do. Get R Done.
    Member: Irish Guards-GH Division

Quote Originally Posted by NotreDameNate View Post
    Last night sucked, but I will not let that define our season. Hats off to everyone on the team. Feel bad for Kap as I'm hearing it's a pretty serious knee injury. I will miss the seniors, that I know! With all that said....

Thank you! I've thoroughly enjoyed this year and you made us all proud to be fans. Hang your head high, boys! You have a lot to be proud of!

Go Irish! Fight on!
    Well said ... 2012 was a big step forward, let's bring the next step on signing day and be even better next year!

Thanks to all the seniors for their hard work and commitment. The rest of the team needs to remember last night, that feeling will be the motivation for one more rep in the weight room, one more set of sprints, etc....
    Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.
    ...... Paul "Bear" Bryant

here's a legit question, what is better for the future of this team....a win in New Years bowl game against a South Carolina or a Clemson or a nationally embarrassing slaughter in the National Championship game? While a win is always something we'd rather see, just for the sake of the learning experience I think the loss is better. Like Brian Kelly said, the guys now know what champions look like and what needs to be done.

Two days later, I sit here with optimism and personally put Monday behind me.

Member of the Irish Guard, GH Division

AWESOME AWESOME YEAR .... two days after the slaughter and i'm giddy as hell about the season ...

Great bunch of kids that just wouldn't quit ...

it was the first time in 20 years i walked through malls and high fived complete strangers cause they had nd gear on .. talking to waiters and anyone and everyone who saw my ND gear ... it was a true blast ....

Thanks for the memories fellas ... it was a true pleasure to root for u WINNERS all year long ...

GO IRISH!!!!!!!

Playing for the title is always better regardless of the outcome. You've reached the pinnacle. For 40 days people talk about you as one of the best teams in the country. If you get waxed, they mock you for a week. But then Spring and fall come along and suddenly you're the team that played for all the marbles. That just doesn't happen when you beat someone in the Outback bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Joe View Post
    here's a legit question, what is better for the future of this team....a win in New Years bowl game against a South Carolina or a Clemson or a nationally embarrassing slaughter in the National Championship game? While a win is always something we'd rather see, just for the sake of the learning experience I think the loss is better. Like Brian Kelly said, the guys now know what champions look like and what needs to be done.

Two days later, I sit here with optimism and personally put Monday behind me.
    Midway thru the season when it looked like ND would at least get a BCS bid, I think most ND fans (when they set their emotion aside) knew ND had come a long way but wasn't quite ready for the Bama's & LSUs of the world. Then when u see the end of the season unfold the way it didn't w/ KSU & Oregon losing, there's no shame getting caught up in the emotion. The NC is every teams dream. If KSU takes care of Baylor (nary a word about their key defensive injuries going into that game BTW) and Oregon still lost, I think ND is your 2012 BCS NC. But they both lost & it let Bama back in. That night after a successful Senior Day that ended the season w/ zero home losses, ND fans reached the pentultimate in emotion as both #1 & #2 lost assuring ND a shot at the crystal provided they TCB vs SC the following week. At that point, a fan doesn't think,"can we beat Bama or UGA?", they think, "hot damn!, it's destiny...lets worry about the opponent when the regular season is over."

In short, you don't turn down a chance at the crystal regardless of the odds. ND was just a little ahead of schedule & that beats the hell out of the alternative. ND has reached a lot of goals the past five years:

Early enrollment allowed
    Finally getting a bowl win
    More reasonable disciplinary consequences
    Training table
    Improved defensive recruiting
    Beat SC
    Improved defense
    Beat ranked teams on a regular basis
    Beat a top 10 team on the road
    Win more recruiting battles than lost
    Undefeated record at home
    Undefeated regular season
    Beat SC...again
    National Champuonship game

So I would insert three verry attainable goals before the last one I listed:

Beat SC at home for the first time since 2001
    Win a New Years Day bowl
    Win a BCS bowl

THEN...

Win the National Championship
    Last edited by IrishDodger; 01-09-2013 at 02:53 PM.

They will be playing for it again next year. Alabama will lose a regular season game. The only question is will the cards fall in Bama's favor like they have the previous 2 years?

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526