Please Support Our Sponsors

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Championship Game - Who do you want to play?

Register to remove this advertisement
    While we wait for next weeks SEC championship game, who would y'all want to play in the Championship game.

I'd say I'd rather play Alabama, just for the history of it and because of their recent success. Both teams have solid running games and dependable, mistake free QB's, and both have good D's. Georgia has former Irish target Keith Marshall and fellow freshman as a 2 headed running attack that has faired very well, and the most accurate QB in the country. Alabama boasts what I think is the best O line in the country, and while their big back is not fast he is a load to bring down.

Alabama has probably played the weakest SEC schedule this year, playing OOC games against UM, FAU, and a couple of other directional schools. Their in conference schedule included the 2 Mississippi schools, Mizzou, a terrible Auburn team, a lousy Tenneessee squad, and a miserable Arkansas team. The only 2 really good teams they played were A&M and LSU and they were only 1-1 in those games.

Georgia also played FAU, but buffeted there tough SEC schedule with University of Buffalo and Georgia Southern. They then beat GTech. They also played the tough SEC grouping of Mizzou, Auburn, Tennessee, Kentucky, Ol Miss and Vandy (is it coincidental that the leaders of both SEC divisions played a similar grouping of schools). They too played two really tough games against South Carolina and Florida and were 1-1.

Personally, I think Florida may be the best SEC team right now as their offense, similar to ours, has been catching up to their D. My prediction...Alambama beats Georgia 31-17, and ND and Alabama battle to a 17-13 ND victory on January 7th.

Bama. I think their O matches up better with ND's D, while I'm guessing ND's going to have some trouble with either of those defenses.

Georgia avoided both Alabama and LSU on the schedule this year, which makes their schedule a lot easier.

I really don't care who the opponent is. We'll have to play well in order to have any chance of winning.

I would like to play UGA... I know not everyone thinks the same but I really respect Richt...
    "Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong."-- Calvin Coolidge

overall, i think UGa is the easier out. im not afraid of either team, though.
    A win over Bama will garner more respect in the nation's eyes.

Catholics vs. Cousins.
    Save Saban's ass for Kelly.

florida, bama or georgia

don't care which one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

All I know is it's going to be a LONG 40+ days until that game listening to UGA and Bama fans predict the slaughter. They are already saying the true championship game is next weekend...
    A.K.A. Southern Irish, the Fem version I despise Michigan, Purdue and worms. In that order.

which is great. Please do that for the entire 6 weeks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, I'd be pleased if they think they can just come to the game and it's an auto W. In either event, win or lose, I think with the defenses it will be a low scoring game and therefore a close game. Let them underestimate us all they want.

We can always fall back on "Yeah, but we actually graduate athletes".

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast