Please Support Our Sponsors

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

'08 SC OG Kenneth Page (Clemson LOI/ Transfer to Coastal Carolina)

Register to remove this advertisement
    Offensive Guard
    Columbia (SC) A.C. Flora

Ht: 6-foot-4
    Wt: 272 lbs
    Forty: 5.2 secs

I'm not entirely sure why it is, but I'm a flag waiving, card carrying member of the Kenneth Page fan club. Part of it is how much emphasis he places on academics (it comes up in every article, in more than "politically correct" terms), part of it is how he said he doesn't know who his top 5 would be, but that Notre Dame would be in it and get an official visit, and part of it... I'm just not sure.

That said, if we do end up making good on our earliest guesstimates, and take in a 4th OL, I really hope it is Kenneth Page. Patchan would be really nice too, but I hope fans understand that this kid has big time potential too. 40+ offers... this kid is a national prospect. Maybe doesn't get the recruiting service love like some but the offers are a pretty good indicator of how the coaching staffs view this kid. In a way (not all of them), he reminds me of an offensive Omar Hunter. The services haven't seemed to catch on yet with either, but both have big time potential, with their best days ahead of them.

I feel he would definitely fit in with the style of game some of us are looking forward to seeing this fall. He plays tackle in HS, but most everyone sees him as a true guard prospect. What little I've seen of him has him mauling guys as a run blocker, playing to and through the whistle.

I have very little idea in the way of where ND's OL recruits will end up. That said, when I daydream about our offensive line years from now, it definitely features Kenneth Page and Braxston Cave being the road graters at G.

Alrighty, I'm off my soap box.

A film review on Kenneth Page
    I treasure my remark to a grandson who asked, "Grandpa, were you a hero in the war?" "No", I answered, "But I served in a company of heroes".

- Richard D. Winters, Easy Co. 501st

His film isn't that impressive, but I keep hearing "UPSIDE, UPSIDE!" and with all of those offers, I'd be willing to welcome him because with all of our OL hauls when Nwankwo, Nuss and Stewart move back to OL he won't be seeing the field too soon. Which is why we're taking all kinds of "upside" kids this year....Golic, Clelland. I think Cave is already a beast though.

Bunch of people call me crazy that i'm not on the Darrell Scott bandwagon. Mostly because 'I believe' in all of his reels he basically looks like the biggest player on the screen + the Horrid tackling makes him look like a god. Certain backs clearly make guys miss, I just don't see that with him.

weis19
    i agree about kenneth page he has a very impressive offer list i would love to see nd land him

untitled Scott plays in one of the most competitive leagues around in a talent rich area, so it's not because he is playing slop out there, he maybe just that good. As for Page I like him alot too, and out of the three out there I would only take Patchan above him, but Page for me I like more then Frost

Quote Originally Posted by robdog_5 View Post
    untitled Scott plays in one of the most competitive leagues around in a talent rich area, so it's not because he is playing slop out there, he maybe just that good. As for Page I like him alot too, and out of the three out there I would only take Patchan above him, but Page for me I like more then Frost
    I've heard that as well, but until I see someone on the field with equal size to him, I could care less about his reels.

BTW, how's recruiting going for your boy out there?

Quote Originally Posted by untitledproject View Post
    I've heard that as well, but until I see someone on the field with equal size to him, I could care less about his reels.

BTW, how's recruiting going for your boy out there?
    ----Did his team play Clausens last year or the year before?

Quote Originally Posted by IrishKnight1023 View Post
    ----Did his team play Clausens last year or the year before?
    No, he didnt play them last year. Moorpark did play Westlake Village not OC WV, though. Robdog, Scott transferred to St. Bonny?

Per ESPN, he's agreed to participate in their All-Star game. And by the way, I wouldn't read into the listed favorites - its ESPN's coverage we're talking about here. All they're good for are their chat sessions they have between fans and recruits. Thats about it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recrui...playerId=46793
    I treasure my remark to a grandson who asked, "Grandpa, were you a hero in the war?" "No", I answered, "But I served in a company of heroes".

- Richard D. Winters, Easy Co. 501st

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast