Please Support Our Sponsors

'12 AZ ATH D.J. Foster (Verbal Offer/ Arizona State LOI)

Register to remove this advertisement
    Wide Receiver
    Saguaro High School (Scottsdale, AZ)

Links of Interest:
    Rivals Profile

Height: 5 foot-10
    Weight: 180 lbs.
    Forty:
    Bench Max:
    Squat Max:
    Shuttle:
    Vertical:
    GPA:

Multimedia

D.J. picked up an ND offer today from Coach Cooks. He also has offers from Arizona, Arizona State, Arkansas, Cal, Oregon, Oregon State, USC, and UCLA, and is hearing from BYU, Colorado, Michigan, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Stanford, and Washington.

Prior to the Irish offer, D.J. listed USC, Stanford, Oregon, Arizona State, and UCLA as his early top five. Only Stanford has not offered at this point. No word on whether ND will be included on any future favorites list for D.J., but he was impressed that Coach Cooks flew to Arizona to personally offer him.

This is the second straight year that ND has offered a Saguaro HS recruit. '11 OG Cyrus Hobbi picked up early interest and an ND offer but the Irish never pursued him after they realized he was primarily an OG prospect. The Hobbi recruitment does not appear to have created any problems for the Irish with D.J.

Foster plays CB, WR, and RB for Saguaro HS, and he may be their QB as a Senior. The Irish are reportedly looking at him as a WR prospect.

http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recr...all-recruiting

D.J. Foster is one of those athletes that does it all for his high school team and college programs are lining up for the 5-foot-10, 180-pounder because they believe anything he does can help their squads.

The Scottsdale, Ariz., native played quarterback, wide receiver, running back and defensive back for Saguaro High School as a junior. He rushed for almost 1,500 yards and 22 touchdowns while pulling in 43 passes for 740 yards and four more scores. Defensively, he finished with 65 tackles and eight interceptions.

Foster isn’t sure what position he wants to play at the next level, “Not really, as long as I can get on the field anywhere, I’ll play.” And colleges don’t seem to really care.

“They really like my vision, how I see the field when I’m on offense, just being explosive,” Foster said of the coaches who are recruiting him. “On defense, definitely being a physical corner, making tackles and covering.”

So far, Foster holds offers from in-state Arizona and Arizona State along with Oregon, Oregon State, USC, UCLA, California, Arkansas and Notre Dame. Irish assistant Kerry Cooks was in Scottsdale to deliver the offer earlier this month.

“Coach Cooks came down here,” said Foster. “He saw some of my film and really liked it, so it’s pretty cool and he said I’ve got an offer.”

The Irish aren’t exactly sure where they’d play Foster yet either.

“They offered me as an athlete, they didn’t say a particular position,” said Foster, although he seems to have a minor position preference as far as the Irish go.

“I really like their defense. I’ve always been a big fan of their defense. Hopefully, I could play cornerback or something if I went over there.”

Foster, who is also hoping to land offers from Boise State and Alabama, doesn’t expect to be making a decision anytime soon.

“I’m really not in a big hurry,” he said. “I’m just trying to get through my senior year and have a good season and take my officials and do all that stuff and just see the school and learn a little more about each school.”

There is one factor the Irish will have to overcome if they’re going to land the talented athlete.

“Location, I think is a big part, being close to home,” Foster said. “I definitely want to stay over here.”

He did back off that stance a little when asked if South Bend was too far away.

“Actually, no,” he said. “I really like Notre Dame. It’s always a school I’ve really enjoyed watching. I just really want to go and check out the campus and see it.”

Foster, who has taken unofficial visits to Arizona States and expects to UCLA, hopes to make a trip sometime to Notre Dame this summer.

“Very much so,” he said. “I definitely would love to see it.”

Surely, Notre Dame would love to see him too.

http://usc.247sports.com/Article/Is-...r-Foster-16702 (free)

Scottsdale (Ariz.) Saguaro athlete D.J. Foster has 13 scholarship offers from around the nation. The 6-foot-0, 185-pound athlete claims offers from Notre Dame, Stanford, Colorado, USC, UCLA and Arizona.

He does not have any plans for junior day visits but noted this summer he will drive to Los Angeles to visit USC and UCLA.

Foster is a true athlete with standing offers at three different positions.

"Cal has offered me as a cornerback," Foster said. "I know Oregon likes me as a wide receiver and most others are just offering as an athlete. I don't have any preference on which position I play. Coaches tell me they like my vision and my agility."

His close friend and teammate Cyrus Hobbi signed as part of the 2011 class with USC. That close friendship has put USC on his early list along with Oregon. Stanford and Arizona State are just behind those two programs he said.

"Cyrus has been one of my best friends growing up so that certainly helps USC," he said. "We have run the spread offense my entire career so that is one big advantage for Oregon. I originally planned on taking my time before committing, but I'll think more about it this summer and could decide before my senior season begins."

Foster would like to hear more from LSU, Alabama and other SEC programs in addition to Arkansas who has already offered.

Foster has also added verbal offers from Stanford, State Penn, Colorado and Nebraska.