Please Support Our Sponsors

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
    Does this factor in that Floyd and Rudolph could return? Amir Carlisle?
    The numbers above assume that Floyd and Rudolph are returning. If either or both don't that leaves more slots open.

As for Carlisle I did not include him because similar to the Golson/Brissett combo it is likely that either he or McDaniel (if he is offered) will be vying for the same slot.

Quote Originally Posted by MoeMontana View Post
    BTW, Matt Romine is not eligible to come back for a fifth year. His red shirt was burned as a frosh.

I think we bring back Andrew Nuss though, who is eligible. The OL is one place where you can't have too many fifth year guys starting.
    I'm not sure where you're getting the info that Romine is not eligible. He is listed as eligible through the 2011 season on every ND scholarship chart that I have seen. pmarrack has already provided the explanation for why he is eligible despite playing as a Frosh.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmsbg78 View Post
    First let me say thank you IUB, for your hard work in keeping this the best damn ND football recruiting site on the world wide web :word:

Second I was actually thinking the same as Legacy. Where does Amir fit into all of this?
    Part of the reason for not including Carlisle is because either he or McDaniel will get one slot only. The other reason is the analysis is focused on the uncommitted offers with the exception of Golson, who for all intents and purposes is now uncommitted. Carlisle is not yet in that category in my mind with ND or with anyone else for that matter because despite all of his talk about looking around he has still yet to OV anywhere. That is what differentiates him from Golson, especially with regard to the Irish.

The other name that I did not mention that is still a slight possibility but falls into the same category as Carlisle is Nick Martin, but his potential slot is tied in with Pat Flavin in similarity to the Carlisle/McDaniel 1 slot available for that position scenario.

give me golson ishaq scarlett and huggins (and bring in Cam) and then its on to 2012!!!

Do we have any updated on banks? He may be getting his spot back next year too right?

Quote Originally Posted by Irishlaw View Post
    Do we have any updated on banks? He may be getting his spot back next year too right?
    good question forgot all about him...

IUB's List + I added Golson to our total

2011 Total Scholarships (85)

Fifth Year Senior 2011 (9)

TE Mike Ragone #
    OT Matt Romine #, Taylor Dever*
    OG Andrew Nuss*
    DE Emeka Nwankwo*
    ILB Steve Paskorz*
    S Harrison Smith*
    CB Gary Gray #
    K Brandon Walker

Current Class at (18)

Out of this list, I believe we need to offer to bring back 2 OL either Dever or Romine (Dever makes most sense = Starter) and Nuss. I believe you can never have to much depth there. Smith and Gray at DB, and If Rudolph leaves then invite Ragone back, or if Rudolph stays no Ragone next year. I don't see the need for Walker, Paskorz, Nwankwo, Romine, or Ragone (if Rudolph stays) to be given a 5th year. Provided nothing else changes and IMHO that leaves us with 6 Schollys available for this cycle.

Ishaq
    French
    Huggins or Carlisle
    Niklas or Martin
    Okotcha or Grant
    Chickillo or Lyons or Ray

Lots of Options, some more likely than others. Its the big push to close out what looks a lot like an awesome class.

P.S. I believe Ruffer should be offered a Scholly. So take 5 more recruits from the list above :) and that would put us at 86 for 2011.
    Cheers! Crasher
    go in there and fight, fight, fight, fight, fight!

:goirish: IRISH GUARD GH-Division!

If this is not the right place for this please re-post where appropriate.

I don't want to harp on the OL again but...with the loss of Prestwood and lack of any quality OL still left on the board (ones that are uncommitted and seriously considering the Irish, I'm not counting Richardson), I'm concerend with the OL of 2012. As it stands, it appears that we could have either true freshmen or sophmores on the 2 deep particularly if we suffer any injuries or early departures (Martin). Unless we land a Top 5 position offensive tackle in the 2011 recruiting class, we could be in trouble....again. Despite what BK has said about Heggie and Carrico playing DE, I have to believe that either one or both of these guys ends up playing offensive tackle. Why hasn't ND re-visited Brendon Austin? Perhaps they have but I haven't heard anything about it. Is he dead set to play for the Cardinal? With Harbaugh possibly leaving at some point in the next year or two, it seems like a card we could play. What do you guys think? I am happy that BK is about to bring in some quality offensive skill players but I wish he would focus on the OL a little more.

5th yr Golic, Cave, Clelland
    SR Martin, Bullard, Watt
    JR Lombard, Nichols
    So Hegarty, Hanratty
    If you're Lucky enough to be Irish, then you're Lucky enough.

Forgot about Austin-

Wouldn't mind if they made a phone call is JH leaves
    :clover:"May the saddest day of your future be no worse than the happiest day of your past." ~Irish blessing:clover:

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernIrish View Post
    If this is not the right place for this please re-post where appropriate.

I don't want to harp on the OL again but...with the loss of Prestwood and lack of any quality OL still left on the board (ones that are uncommitted and seriously considering the Irish, I'm not counting Richardson), I'm concerend with the OL of 2012. As it stands, it appears that we could have either true freshmen or sophmores on the 2 deep particularly if we suffer any injuries or early departures (Martin). Unless we land a Top 5 position offensive tackle in the 2011 recruiting class, we could be in trouble....again. Despite what BK has said about Heggie and Carrico playing DE, I have to believe that either one or both of these guys ends up playing offensive tackle. Why hasn't ND re-visited Brendon Austin? Perhaps they have but I haven't heard anything about it. Is he dead set to play for the Cardinal? With Harbaugh possibly leaving at some point in the next year or two, it seems like a card we could play. What do you guys think? I am happy that BK is about to bring in some quality offensive skill players but I wish he would focus on the OL a little more.

5th yr Golic, Cave, Clelland
    SR Martin, Bullard, Watt
    JR Lombard, Nichols
    So Hegarty, Hanratty
    probably one of springmann and carrico will move to the OLine which adds another body and even if that doesnt happen the entire 2 deep will be filled with guys who are not in their first year on campus. Given that it includes quite a few guys who can play more than 1 spot this means that you will need none of the frosh to even sniff the field which is what you want to happen. With subsequently having 3 guys leaving we just need 3 or 4 more offensive bodies in the 2012 class to make depth not an issue.

The only point I worry about for 2012 is DB as we will need a few of this years class DBs to contribute that season

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast