Please Support Our Sponsors

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Register to remove this advertisement
    http://www.cantonrep.com/highschool/...feat-of-Hoover

DUNN CATCHING ATTENTION

GlenOak running back Bri’onte Dunn has caught the attention of Ohio State coaches. According to Buckeye insiders, Ohio State contacted GlenOak head coach Scott Garcia last week to ask about Dunn and to acknowledge his 320-yard effort against Massillon. Well, Dunn did it again.

He hit Green for 303 yards on 46 carries.

Dunn, after his back-to-back 300-yard performances, was an invited guest of the Buckeyes at Saturday’s Miami game. After the start Dunn’s had, they should have asked him if he wanted 50-yard-line seats.

In three games, Dunn has 825 yards, an average of 275 a game. That puts him on pace to shatter Stark County’s single-season rushing record of 2,447 yards set by former McKinley star Morgan Williams in 2006.

Dunn, just a junior, could be the county’s all-time leading rusher by the time he’s done. He rushed for more than 1,400 last year. He had about 600 as a freshman at Alliance. He would need about 3,200 yards the two years to get there. Former Hoover star Erick Howard set the mark at 6,013 last year.

Ohio State Head Coach Jim Tressel may not want to take too much of a laid-back approach. Alabama sent Dunn a letter that wished him well before this season, and it was signed by Nick Saban.

Don’t forget, Garcia and his coaching staff went to Alabama in the summer to learn how Saban runs his offense and to design some runs with Dunn in mind. Garcia left a copy of Dunn’s highlight film that Saban watched.

napoleonbuck
    Picked up an offer from Ohio State. Probably either him or Russel Shell will get the last RB slot for 1012. Would like to see us take both, but we just won't likely have the room.

Beat me to it napoleonbuck...............

I was hoping pOSU would take there time before offering. I really like this kid and would LOVE to see him in a Blue & Gold uni. Dunn and Jones are my personal favorites for the 2012 recruiting cycle.......1a, 1b situation.

Question for you napoleonbuck...............Who do you think jumps on the pOSU verbal list first (Shell or Dunn)?

napoleonbuck
    Dunn by a mile. I'm guessing our RB class next year will be Ball and Dunn and Shell gets left out(assuming we lead for him anyways, which we may not have).

Quote Originally Posted by napoleonbuck View Post
    Picked up an offer from Ohio State. Probably either him or Russel Shell will get the last RB slot for 1012. Would like to see us take both, but we just won't likely have the room.
    Hey Buck where you been, haven't seen you in a dogs age!!!
    AUTRY DENSON'S #1 FAN!!!

http://www.ohiostate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1127003 (free)

4. A junior will win Mr. Football this season.

FACT. Ok, so there is still a long way to go, but by far the two most impressive players in the state through three games are Kenton quarterback Maty Mauk and Canton Glen Oak running back Brionte Dunn. Both are in the class of 2012.

Dunn has been equally impressive, rushing for 825 yards and 10 touchdowns through three games. That's an average of 275 yards per game and over three touchdowns. He's on pace to shatter the Stark County rushing record.

If either or both continue their torrid pace, it would be hard for anyone to catch them regardless of class.

from what im hearing osu could even take all three and see which one is kicked across to linebacker (which I believe all three have the bodytype to do)

http://www.cantonrep.com/sports/x995...-gets-The-Call

Jim Tressel called Golden Eagle head coach Scott Garcia on Wednesday to let him know the Ohio State head coach would be offering Dunn a scholarship. Colleges can’t formally offer high school juniors a scholarship until Sept. 1. However, overtures can be made among coaches, such as was done with Notre Dame, Pittsburgh and Cincinnati with Dunn.

But Ohio State is the one Dunn had been waiting on. He might have feared it wouldn’t come. Ohio State currently won’t have more than 15 scholarships for its 2012 recruiting class, and Tressel already has one commitment from a running back. Columbus DeSales’ back Warren Ball has committed.

Dunn hasn’t committed, but said he planned to sit down and talk with his family about his options this weekend. A verbal commitment on a player’s end is mostly an insurance policy. While colleges don’t have to honor anything other than a signed Division I letter of intent — that doesn’t happen until February 2012 for Dunn — any school would be committing recruiting suicide if it did not fulfill a verbal commitment down the road.

Dunn may have tipped his hand a bit. Every time he talked about playing at Ohio State, he smiled wide.

“Wednesday night it was tough to sleep,” Dunn said. “I just called my family and told them all about it. ... When coach Garcia called and told me who he just got off the phone with and said he had good news, that was real nice.

“This offer means a lot. It’s close to home and my family. I’m happy about it, but we’ve got to talk about it, too.”

Commiting to OSU today.

This should put a wrap on anymore 2012 RB's for OSU.

Not sure if ND was targeting anyone else in Ohio besides Dunn & Ball.

Quote Originally Posted by cols_irish View Post
    Commiting to OSU today.

This should put a wrap on anymore 2012 RB's for OSU.

Not sure if ND was targeting anyone else in Ohio besides Dunn & Ball.
    Dunn..............is done. Commited to pOSU.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast